Guy Martin

Wanneer begint het BSB seizoen trouwens? wordt redelijk vaak uitgezonden op Eurosport 2 en ik wou dat dit jaar een beetje gaan volgen, ben benieuwd, er rijden redelijk grote namen mee :Y
Eurosport 2
Maandag 25 april, van 17:00 tot 17:15 samenvatting Race 1 BSB Brands Hatch
en van 17:15 - 18:00 race 2 BSB Brands Hatch Live *O*

img.ashx

Laatst bewerkt:
GUY MARTIN TO RACE COOKSTOWN 100

Guy Martin will make his pure road racing debut in Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing livery at the Cookstown 100, Northern Ireland’s opening road race of the season on April 29 & 30. The event will be used as a North West 200 shakedown for the Lincolnshire man, who hasn’t raced at the County Tyrone circuit since 2005. He will ride his GSX-R600 and GSX-R1000 Superstock machines at the event.

Martin will race this weekend at Brands Hatch in the opening round of the British Superbike Championship before setting sail to Northern Ireland, where he is sure to receive a warm welcome.

Guy Martin
“I’m looking forward to Brands but it’s hard to beat a bit of pure road racing. We’ve had plenty of testing time, but yeah… there’s nothing like a bit of racing to get you ready for the real thing. This will give us a chance to try the bikes out on a road circuit, which at the end of the day is where we intend racing them. I haven’t been at Cookstown for quite some time but it's only a little circuit so we’ll be spot on.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager
“The organisers and local fans are very enthusiastic about the Cookstown 100 and with our team based just up the road in Moneymore, it’ll do us no harm to show them a bit of support. We always try to make an effort and go there when circumstances allow, and even though it clashes with Oulton Park BSB we will work around it. It’s always beneficial to get out on a road circuit before the North West 200, but with Guy being a relative newcomer to Cookstown, we will be realistic with our expectations.”

Heb ook wel eens een TT foto gezien van een motor die had een kuipruit op een kuipruit!

Edit:

Conor Cummins Kawa:
[afbeelding]
zijn gewone ruitjes bij die mannen, sommige teams doen er 2 op elkaar ja
maar die van Cummins is gewoon uit 1 stuk, ook een toffe gast, naast hem staan pissen bij de NW200

is bijna 2 meter en vond het lachen dat ik net iets langer was :)

dit stond op crash.net

leuk interview :P

Guy Martin says he will continue to go back to the Isle of Man TT year-after-year to feel the buzz he insists he is yet to experience doing anything else.

Less than a year on from a serious accident that landed Martin in hospital, the 29-year-old is among the riders documented in the new TT3D: Closer to the Edge film, an exhilarating look at the legendary road race through the eyes of those that partake each year.

Charting the build-up to the TT and the event itself, the film is brought alive by the use of 3D technology to give audiences a unique opportunity to experience the thrill of racing around the island.

With the cameras capturing the aftermath of Martin's accident, he maintains he has no qualms about returning to the TT in 2011 – where he will race with Relentless by TAS Suzuki – as it gives him the buzz he cannot find elsewhere.

“The buzz,” he told Crash.net when asked what keeps drawing him back. “That is all it is. You cannot describe until you experience it. There isn't much left where you can go and stick your neck on the line and the TT is one of them.”

As well as the spectacle, TT3D: Closer to the Edge also deals with the personal tragedies of the event, which has claimed the lives of 231 participants over the last century. The film includes an interview with Bridget Dobbs, wife of the late Paul Dobbs, who says she understands and accepts the reasons why he was competing in an event that would ultimately claim his life.

With some in the wider motorcycling community calling for the Isle of Man TT to be stopped as a result, Martin insists the event should continue, adding that everyone knows the risks and that no-one is forced to take part.

“No-one is making anybody do anything and there is a massive attraction if people want to go and watch it, or make films about it,” he added. “So, as long as people are wanting to go there and put it on television, then we should keep on with it.”

Speaking about the film itself, which is out now, Martin says both motorcycle enthusiasts and the mainstream audience will find something to enjoy.

“It's aimed at the mainstream and not just motorbike fans," said Martin, who recently starred in his own BBC television show 'The Boat That Guy Built'. "It gets across how hardcore it is – the whole death and destruction thing… It gets across to the masses about what the TT is about and I think they have done a great job of it.

“It might not be such an attraction to motorbike fans because it is about what makes someone want to do an event like that, not just about the races and who finishes where. It is about what makes someone want to go and do such a thing like the TT.”

TT3D Closer to the Edge is available to view at cinemas across the country from today [April 22nd].

SEELEY MASTERFUL AND BROOKES GUTSY AT BRANDS

Alastair Seeley demonstrated the pedigree of Suzuki’s all-new GSX-R600, taking it to its debut victory in the British Supersport Championship at Brands Hatch earlier today in front of a packed Easter Monday audience.

Supersport
The former British Superstock champion and current Superbike and Supersport lap record holder at the International North West 200, picked himself up after yesterday’s disappointment, to lead home a high-speed freight train over 26 pulsating laps. Less than a second covered the top five at the chequered flag, and despite yesterday’s DNF the Ulsterman sits well poised in fourth place, just 13 points behind the series leader.

British Superbikes
Josh Brookes will not forget his Relentless Suzuki British Superbike debut in a hurry, crashing out spectacularly in race, which disappointingly forced a medical withdrawal from race two. Before the race one incident, the Australian had mesmerizingly scythed his way through the pack from 13th position through to second place on his GSX-R1000 Superbike. But just when he was planning out his attach on race leader Shane Byrne he suffered a wicked high-side at the top of Paddock Hill Bend prematurely ending his Easter Monday debut.

Alastair Seeley
“I never looked behind me in that second Supersport race and it’s a good job as I think I might have scared myself! I just watched my board today, kept my head down and stuck to the game plan. Ben tried to make a break for it but I was ready for him and when I eventually got to the front I just defended my line on that last lap and brought it home for the win. Next week we’ll get a chance to stretch the legs on the wee GSX-R600 at Oulton Park, but before that I have a GSX-R owners day here at Brands Hatch with Suzuki.”

Josh Brookes
“I suppose we did all right coming back from where we were in qualifying and I have to say, everything felt one-hundred percent better today on my bike. As I said after qualifying, I knew what caused the problem and once we’d that sorted we were fast in morning warm-up and in the race. While I was battling with people in the race I couldn’t get into a proper rhythm, but once I got to P2, which was quite easy, I was totally confident. I saw Shakey and thought, ‘I’m in a good position here,’ but it all ended at Paddock Hill. I’m upbeat because I really can’t believe how I didn’t injure myself in such a big crash. Now I’m just looking forward to Oulton Park.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager
“There are a number of positives to take away from this meeting starting with Alastair Seeley. He was pure class in that race today, and it’s not the first time he’s pulled this team out of a hole. He completely out-smarted his rivals and the new GSX-R600 package was nothing short of perfect. He rode the textbook race and we knew he had a better tyre choice than many of his rivals. He controlled the race from the front and it was the race of the day for the fans with five of them in it at the end.

“Josh proved in the opening BSB race that we’d really cracked it with his set-up this morning in warm-up and I have to admit, watching him come through from 13th to second place – it’s been a long time since I’ve taken so much pleasure watching someone on a Superbike. He was so strong and made a pass on almost every lap; no one could hold him off at Clearways. He can certainly ride a motorbike and that’s why we signed him, for his never say die attitude. He just pushed that little too hard down Paddock Hill which caused the crash, but we’ll accept that and move on. Until then he made the whole GSX-R1000 Superbike package look absolutely superb.

“Guy [Martin] acquitted himself really well this weekend and we are really pleased how he got on running 46.5 lap times. There are not too many of the pure road racing men who could match those times here and it sets him up well for the Cookstown 100 next week, where he will ride our GSX-R Superstock and Supersport machines.”

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan