Guy Martin

De kans dat Guy komend jaar op het Isle of Man te vinden is lijkt ook steeds kleiner te worden:

Road racing superstar Guy Martin has dropped his strongest hint yet that he will sit out next year’s Isle of Man TT races to contest a gruelling mountain bike race in North America.

Speculation has been rife over his plans but the 33-year-old Grimsby racer appears to be committed to competing in the Tour Divide time trial, which traverses a 2,745-mile route and begins on Friday, June 10 – the final day of next June’s TT festival.

Martin, though, has revealed that he has made a definite decision on his plans for 2016, admitting that he ‘may have to upset a few people’.

“I know exactly what’s happening now, it’s just I might have to upset a few people but it’s happening,” he said.

“I’m not double-minded now, although I was up until about two weeks ago. Since my crash [in Dundrod 150 Superbike race in August], it’s taken me about six weeks to make my mind up but that’s it – my mind’s made up,” he added in an online interview.

“I needed a bit of time and I’m happy because I know what is happening and I’m dead comfortable.”

Martin may be poised to miss the TT, but it seems Ulster team TAS Racing will have an able replacement in Yorkshireman Ian Hutchinson, who is strongly linked with the Moneymore outfit following Paul Bird’s decision to run Ducati Panigale R machinery next season in the British Superbike Championship
Dus Guy gaat fietsen :? Hij zal geschrokken zijn van de val in augustus..
Zoals de titel van z'n laatst verschenen boek zegt, 'When you dead you dead' en dood wil hij vast nog niet })

Ach hij als hij al voor één keer niet mee doet, zie ik hem niet volledig stoppen met Roadracen. Hij heeft wel vaker aangegeven dat hij de voorkeur geeft aan de kleinere races in Noord-Ierland. Het publiek is helemaal leip van hem daar. Roadracers worden in NI op handen gedragen.

Mijn gok is dat hij nog vaak genoeg te zien zal zijn bij de kleinere races. Het bloed kruipt immers waar het niet gaan kan.
:)

Dus Guy gaat fietsen :? Hij zal geschrokken zijn van de val in augustus..
Zoals de titel van z'n laatst verschenen boek zegt, 'When you dead you dead' en dood wil hij vast nog niet })

Guy is net zo leip van fietsen als van het motor racen.....

Ik hoop dat hij ons blijft verrassen met gave docu's, gave races en dito interviews!

Iemand zijn boek al uit gelezen? Ik moet tot mijn schande bekennen dat ik 'm nog niet besteld heb. Binnenkort maar even doen.
Ik zat nog te twijfelen over de special edition, maar ga toch maar de gewone versie halen.

2 maand geleden besteld op z'n webshop, komt volgende week pas ergens binnen vermoed ik. Volgens z'n vrienden en familie is het beter dan het eerste boek.

Het eerste boek heb ik erg van genoten. Vol met humor. Tweede boek zal ik ook eens een Amazon link van doorsturen naar mijn vriendin, leuk voor de kerst of zo. :+

IMG_20151029_1515162_zpsmfuttyo2.jpg

Zojuist binnen gekomen *O*
Had de eerste al als ebook gelezen, maar wilde hem ook graag in m'n kast hebben O-)

Boek gelezen, dikke aanrader.
Beste quote van het hele boek voor mij: I'd rather have a good shit than a good shag, any day of the week. Passage waarin dit voorbijkomt is op z'n minst een glimlach waard.

Guy Martin Confirms Ulster Grand Prix, Southern 100 Returns

Guy Martin is confirmed to return to the Ulster Grand Prix and Southern 100 next year, competing for Tyco BMW.

The worldwide popular rider, has a top class record around Dundrod and Billown.

Already an 11 time Ulster GP winner, Guy has over the years showcased why he is one of the best exponents of the world’s fastest road race.

Last three years at the Southern 100 has seen him record hat trick of solo championship victories, having been involved in race long duels with Michael Dunlop, Dean Harrison and Dan Kneen.

Further meetings in the planning for 2016 include returns to Armoy and Oliver’s Mount for the prestigious Scarborough Gold Cup.

Having competed for TAS Racing since 2011, Guy is looking forward to working once again with the highly decorated team ran by Philip Neill and Hector Neill.

There is set to be a big change to his pure road racing schedule next year.

As the 19 time international road race winner looks set to not compete at TT 2016. A 16 time podium finisher at the Isle of Man TT, he is regarded by many as been amongst the best riders to have not become a TT winner.

2016 is also set to see Guy miss the North West 200. In my opinion this is not surprising given what happened this year, when Guy was simply just voicing his opinion about the chicanes around the triangle.

Ever since making his pure road racing debut at the Cock of The North Road Races at Oliver’s Mount in 2002, Guy Martin has in the last 13 years become more than just a pure road racer.

He’s become a household name to millions, known by many for his television programs, he’s amongst the most well known figures in motorcycling.

Embarking on his second year of competition on BMW Motorrad machinery, he joins Ian Hutchinson at Tyco BMW, to form arguably the strongest line up of all teams on the roads in 2016.

De beelden van de Speed with Guy Martin F1 special, voor wie het nog niet heeft gezien.
Wel een leuk duo, Guy en David samen.

Als ik me niet vergis gaat Guy vanavond een poging wagen om het snelheidsrecord op de steile wand te verbreken.. Ik ben benieuwd! Uur of 8 op Channel 4 meen ik.

De beelden van de Speed with Guy Martin F1 special, voor wie het nog niet heeft gezien.
Wel een leuk duo, Guy en David samen.

Als ik me niet vergis gaat Guy vanavond een poging wagen om het snelheidsrecord op de steile wand te verbreken.. Ik ben benieuwd! Uur of 8 op Channel 4 meen ik.
Speed with Guy Martin F1 special had ik opgenomen, maar moet ik nog zien.
Guy Martin's Wall of Death komt om 20:15 uur. Bedankt voor de tip, ik had hem anders gemist.

Hij is werkelijk weer briljant echt Guy, geen serieus moment zonder poep/plas grap :X

Maar diep respect voor de prestatie 5,7 G gedurende zo lange tijd dat houden maar heel weinig mensen vol :} Als ze hem niet tegen hadden gehouden dan was hij gewoon nog een run gegaan terwijl hij het WR al in de eerste run te pakken had :} :} :}

En erg leuk om zijn vriendin en ouders die ik alleen uit de boeken ken eens in het echt te zien.

Laatst bewerkt:
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan