Wintertesten 2018

Tijden Jerez 13:00u:

DPZXtq2XcAAgjN0.jpg:large

'Stupid all the talk about WSB and MOTOGP Jerez.Means nothing. Lots of awesome riders on awesome bikes.Different tyres.Impossible comparison.'
Broertje reageert: _O-

'Can we agree on one thing though, I'm faster than you??????'

En zijn mening:

'My opinion on the whole GP/SBK BS on twitter from someone with recent knowledge of both. Completely different bikes, tyres so who cares, no comparison can be drawn. I'm fairly sure MM would be rather fast on a Pirelli Q too.'

Laatst bewerkt:
Onderstaand de officiële testdata in, voorafgaand en gedurende het seizoen 2018:

MotoGP
◾28-30 januari – Sepang, Maleisië
◾16-18 februari – Buriram, Thailand
◾01-03 maart – Losail, Qatar

Gedurende het seizoen zal er na afloop van de Grand Prix in Catalunya, Jerez en Brno op maandag getest worden.

Moto2 en Moto3
◾06-08 februari – Valencia
◾11-14 februari – Valencia
◾06-08 maart – Jerez

Gedurende het seizoen zal er na afloop van de Grand Prix in Le Mans, Mugello en Aragon op maandag getest worden.

Wie zegt dat ze daar al mee rijden?
Rea.

1.400 toeren minder om precies te zijn...

‘New rev limit suits me better’ is ominous warning from Rea

If Jonathan Rea’s MotoGP-slaying 1’37.986s lap during testing Jerez wasn’t enough to make the WorldSBK paddock shudder then the fact the new rev limit imposed by Dorna bosses suits the three-time champion better will do.

Rea marmalised Marco Melandri’s Superbike pole record by a second, was faster than the assembled MotoGP riders, went under Dani Pedrosa’s pole time from earlier in the year by a quarter of a second and was only outside the outright lap record, set by Jorge Lorenzo on Bridgestone tyres in 2015, by 0.077s.

And all of this with a new engine spec which has lost around 1400rpm off the top end under the new regulations, which Rea doesn’t believe were directly aimed at him and his team, to try and even out the whole field.

“I’m not sure the rules were made so slow anyone down to be honest. I think they were made so the private teams could be more competitive, so that is good for them - a privateer with a good team and clever team should be able to compete. Realistically, I don’t know if that is going to happen or not but it gives them incentives to do it well themselves,” said Rea, speaking to bikesportnews.com from Barcelona airport.

“I don’t exactly know what the drop in RPM was aimed at. More RPM is more expense because with a high-revving motor, you have to have more in research and development, tolerances are tight so I guess with lower RPM they are trying to take the cost of tuning down.

“We couldn’t run the same engine spec as we have been as our bike made power right at the top of the RPM and we’re not using that now, so we have had to move the torque range down a bit which suits me better. It’s a positive step and something I have been asking for in the last year - a more endurance style engine so it’s a step forward.”

Rea and his KRT team anticipated the new regulations and with less power and top speed, the laptimes have to come from somewhere else.

“The biggest step for us has come from Showa. From the middle of the season, they have been working on new things and we were able to test some of them. Now we don’t have the out and out top speed, we’ve probably lost 4kph, we need to get that back elsewhere in the lap, so on the brakes or with corner speed. We’ve done a good job of that and found some more.

“Before the lap I had done a 1’38 flat, so I knew it was possible and it was what I was aiming to get into. When I saw it I was satisfied. I had done a mid-39 at Jerez on a race tyre before, and the track had a lot of rubber down, we’d had no rain so the conditions were good for everyone. We didn’t make a full race simulation, though, but got through all our test items with all boxes ticked.

“We tested some differenced with the chassis and a new swingarm, suspension components and whatnot, so we had enough to do but we’re back in January to start with the race development.”

Rea.

“We couldn’t run the same engine spec as we have been as our bike made power right at the top of the RPM and we’re not using that now, so we have had to move the torque range down a bit which suits me better. It’s a positive step and something I have been asking for in the last year - a more endurance style engine so it’s a step forward.”

Nog effe en Rea gaat sneller rond op een standaard ZX10R dan Marquez op z'n RCV :P

Go Johnny :} :} :}

Rea.

If Jonathan Rea’s MotoGP-slaying 1’37.986s lap during testing Jerez wasn’t enough to make the WorldSBK paddock shudder then the fact the new rev limit imposed by Dorna bosses suits the three-time champion better will do.

Rea marmalised Marco Melandri’s Superbike pole record by a second, was faster than the assembled MotoGP riders, went under Dani Pedrosa’s pole time from earlier in the year by a quarter of a second and was only outside the outright lap record, set by Jorge Lorenzo on Bridgestone tyres in 2015, by 0.077s.

And all of this with a new engine spec which has lost around 1400rpm off the top end under the new regulations, which Rea doesn’t believe were directly aimed at him and his team, to try and even out the whole field.

“I’m not sure the rules were made so slow anyone down to be honest. I think they were made so the private teams could be more competitive, so that is good for them - a privateer with a good team and clever team should be able to compete. Realistically, I don’t know if that is going to happen or not but it gives them incentives to do it well themselves,” said Rea, speaking to bikesportnews.com from Barcelona airport.

“I don’t exactly know what the drop in RPM was aimed at. More RPM is more expense because with a high-revving motor, you have to have more in research and development, tolerances are tight so I guess with lower RPM they are trying to take the cost of tuning down.

Rea and his KRT team anticipated the new regulations and with less power and top speed, the laptimes have to come from somewhere else.

“The biggest step for us has come from Showa. From the middle of the season, they have been working on new things and we were able to test some of them. Now we don’t have the out and out top speed, we’ve probably lost 4kph, we need to get that back elsewhere in the lap, so on the brakes or with corner speed. We’ve done a good job of that and found some more.

“Before the lap I had done a 1’38 flat, so I knew it was possible and it was what I was aiming to get into. When I saw it I was satisfied. I had done a mid-39 at Jerez on a race tyre before, and the track had a lot of rubber down, we’d had no rain so the conditions were good for everyone. We didn’t make a full race simulation, though, but got through all our test items with all boxes ticked.

“We tested some differenced with the chassis and a new swingarm, suspension components and whatnot, so we had enough to do but we’re back in January to start with the race development.”

Indrukwekkend!

Standaard? Dat ding is net zo min standaard als een RCV...
:^

Alleen de voorvork is al duurder dan de complete motor in de winkel. :+

Edit.
Zelfs het hoofdframe hebben ze verstevigd. Geeft te denken over de straatfiets. :+

Laatst bewerkt:
Weer die vergelijking bij Jerez, de wsbk is idd snel, Rea is outstanding.
Maarrr Jerez is een circuit waar de tijden tussen moto gp en sbk gewoon dicht(er) bij elkaar liggen.

Mensen id ehet filmpje van VD mark gezien hebben ? en hoe snel die suzuki gp fiets weg loopt ? waar moet een sbk zoiets ooit goed maken ??

Weer die vergelijking bij Jerez, de wsbk is idd snel, Rea is outstanding.
Maarrr Jerez is een circuit waar de tijden tussen moto gp en sbk gewoon dicht(er) bij elkaar liggen.

Mensen id ehet filmpje van VD mark gezien hebben ? en hoe snel die suzuki gp fiets weg loopt ? waar moet een sbk zoiets ooit goed maken ??
Op dat filmpje kan je niks zien, we zien de rug van VDM beter zou zijn cockpit -view

Wintertesten Jerez:

DPk1Jh-X4AAJf6Q.jpg

Rea is met gewone banden een seconde of wat langzamer. Alléén met de kwalificatiebanden (die twee snelste tijden) rijdt hij net zo snel als het reguliere MotoGP-tempo. Maar vanaf rondje 3 staat-ie met kale banden langs de kant, dus tijdens een wedstrijd heeft hij er letterlijk niks aan...

Wintertesten Jerez:

[afbeelding]

Rea is met gewone banden een seconde of wat langzamer. Alléén met de kwalificatiebanden (die twee snelste tijden) rijdt hij net zo snel als het reguliere MotoGP-tempo. Maar vanaf rondje 3 staat-ie met kale banden langs de kant, dus tijdens een wedstrijd heeft hij er letterlijk niks aan...

Hier een linkje met vergelijk over raceafstand en tijdsverschil
MotoGP contra Superbike. ¿Los tiempos de Rea, podrían llevarle a él y a Kawasaki a MotoGP? - Noticias de motociclismo de velocidad

Op dat filmpje kan je niks zien, we zien de rug van VDM beter zou zijn cockpit -view

Ik zag toch echt een soes voorbij knallen ;)

moto gp trekt iets harder en remt nogal een stuk harder / later.
Een sbk zou het dan goed moeten maken ind e bochten, en dat zie ik niet gebeuren ;)

Jerez hebben ze gewoon kleine verschillen vergeleken met andere circuits zoals V rossi 46 al aangeeft

Nog effe en Rea gaat sneller rond op een standaard ZX10R dan Marquez op z'n RCV :P

Go Johnny :} :} :}

De sbk fabrieksfietsen zijn net als bij motogp prototype enkel lijken ze meer op een
straatfiets. Zoals andere ook al aangeven..check : achterbrug, frame, voorvork,
gewichtsverdeling en vermogensafgifte. Als je wilt vergelijken moet je kijken naar een
stock1000 fiets ;)

De sbk fabrieksfietsen zijn net als bij motogp prototype enkel lijken ze meer op een
gewichtsverdeling en vermogensafgifte. Als je wilt vergelijken moet je kijken naar een
stock1000 fiets ;)

Nee hoor, het zijn omgebouwde productie modellen ;) Hierbij doen ze de maximale toegestane veranderingen.
Een gp fiets is nergens op gebaseerd en compleet ontworpen voor de GP

stock1000 fiets ;)

en jij ook.....niet :+

Volgens mij kan je bij Appie zo'n WSBK spec fiets aanschaffen voor een kleine €80,000

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan