Ducati Topic 36: Mika Kallio, a new ducati-star is born

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
25337.jpg

Vind Qatar wel gaaf met die nachtraces. Krijg je schitterende foto's van.

't Echte noorden, Groningen dus. (Westerlee in dit geval :P)

De koffie zal ik moeten afslaan, geen idee waar Casa Di Foggy zich bevindt ;)
Da's nixs, Grun wilden we hier in het Noorden niet hebben en hebben we aan de kant geschoven, wilden er eerst het IJsselmeer mee dempen maar daar is dat meer te mooi voor, dan maar richting Duitsers, daar passen ze beter bij _O- :W :W

Ja Corse groot kind ik ben een Nigeriaan, nou weten we het wel. :j

Hij doet het wel boven verwachting..................... vond Ben Spies op Philip Island ook erg sterk!!!! Shakey viel mij heel erg tegen, mijn hoop is toch wel een beetje op hem gevestigd........ -O-

Voor Haga is het nu of nooit, dit jaar moetie hem pakken anders wordt het niet meer wat.... Spies is wel ongelofelijk snel meteen, damn.. kijken of hij het weet vast te houden..

www.shakey.com

Verslag van Australië

Phillip Island

Well I’m sure you’ll not be too surprised when I tell you that two DNF’s wasn’t exactly what I travelled all the way to Australia for but whilst I’m sat here on a plane on the way home again I can quite honestly say that I can’t wait for Qatar, sure I was absolutely gutted to have crashed out but putting things in perspective for just one minute will make you understand how well things actually went down under, we started the Friday free practice session at least two days of open track behind everyone, in some cases three days and that would have been on an open track i.e. no sessions so from the get go we were up against it, after just a few laps to re acquaint myself with the lay out of the circuit it was obvious I needed to make some changes to my bike as I was really struggling to get the bike to hold a line under acceleration, that was one problem, the other was that after just 5 or 6 laps the whole of the top twenty or so were close if not bang on their testing pace, hmm I remember thinking, it’s gonna be uphill this weekend!!!
We chipped away and made some improvements to the bike and finished the session just over a second or so off the pace, sounds ok doesn’t it, welcome to WSB Shakey, that meant something like P19!!! For the afternoon we went off in a bit of a different direction setting wise to try to fast track our way closer to the sharper end of the time sheets but the afternoon session was so bloody hot it was unreal so it made things pretty tricky, so tricky in fact that I had a real stupid little front end crash at the Honda hairpin, I did manage to bring the gap down to the leaders a touch though so things were going in the right direction!!!
Saturday mornings session was slightly cooler again and I got going better, I did a bit of a race run towards the end of the session and whilst I wasn’t P1 in terms of outright lap time we were definitely getting there race setting wise, one of the biggest issues I was having was the position factor, you see normally I concentrate only on setting both the bike and myself up for longer stints but being so far down the order was goading me into trying for lap times rather than concentrating on my race duration, nevertheless we edged closer still so things were still going in the right direction.
For the 45 minute session before super pole we continued working and finally we were up inside the top ten without the use of anything soft rubber wise so all good, I tried a different front tyre option which really improved my feeling with the front of the bike but found that race distance might be a bit of an issue so we reverted back to the safe option knowing that we had to work a bit on the front end to get me some confidence to ride the front hard in one of the faster sectors so Alberto my engineer worked on a plan.
Everything seemed to be going in the right direction and we improved the bike a little bit, by this point sector 1 which was literally from the finish line to about 150 meters past it wasn’t particularly strong as we were down a bit on top speed, sector two which was from that point all the way round to the exit of turn 5 was pretty good, I was top 5 there, sector 3 was the bad one, the fast left through the hayshed round to Lukey heights then sector 4 down through MG and round onto the start/finish line I was 2nd fastest, all I needed to do was battle my way up through and we’d be there or thereabouts right….
The first of the super pole sessions past without any drams, we were comfortably inside the cut off point, then came the second, we needed to be top 8 to go through and bearing in mind that up until this point I was now only .5 of a second off and I hadn’t yet used a qualifier I was hopeful of being fast enough which would give me a definite front two rows starting position, when the session started I went out with a soft rear tyre and slashed a good chunk off my time but so did everyone else and my initial time was good enough fro 9th although real close to the front so I knew I had the back up of my first qualifier in hand to hopefully carry me through, as I entered the pits I really struggled to select neutral as there seemed to be some sort of a problem with the clutch, in the end I got it and pulled up outside the garage ready for the boys to fire in the qualifier so I could get out and give it a go, as they tried to fire the bike back into life it was obvious the clutch problem was a big problem as the starter wouldn’t work because the clutch was dragging too much, fortunately we had the electric starter on the bike for qualifying and the races so the guys eventually got it fired up and of I went, I lapped as fast as I dare without wrecking the one lap qualifier but unfortunately it was all to no avail as when I came onto the start straight to start my flying lap the chequered flag was already out, B*****KS, I was gutted, to make matters worse not only had I not got the lap in but I’d been knocked all the way down to 15th on the grid in the process, not the kind of start to the year I was looking for, on the bright side though Max Neukirchner and Haga were next to me on the grid, two potential 2009 championship contenders!!!
Sunday morning’s warm up was a little bit interrupted by rain but everything whilst the track was dry felt good, the cooler temperature certainly seemed to work good for me, I went P1 for a bit but finished the session 3rd so step by step it was all coming together, all I needed was a good start, ha ha, how many times have I said that!!!!
For once when the lights went out my start actually wasn’t that bad, I got a fairly decent launch and held my own on the way down to turn one, the only problem was when I arrived there there were bikes bloody everywhere banging and barging each other all over the place, you’d think that some of them thought the 09 title could be won at the exit of turn one, turn two brought more chaos then came the hairpin and more collisions and crashes, bloody hell by this point I thought it’d be a result just to survive the first lap!!!, after a bit things settled down a bit and by now I’d done a mega job of being knocked all the way back to about 19th so I tried to get a good rhythm going and get some overtaking done, on lap 7 at the end of the straight I had a real weird vibration feeling from the rear of the bike and all I could think was nooooooo, don’t brake here, going down at 180 odd mph wasn’t high up my list of priorities, I flicked into turn one real carefully, too carefully in fact because I ran real deep in there because of it but when I touched the throttle again it seemed ok so I thought I must’ve just imagined it or something, that lap I passed Tommy Hill going down into MG but as we exited I got back on the gas getting myself ready for the short shift from 1st to third and the bike just snapped sideways and launched me totally out of there, I flew for what seemed like forever then came down hard and rolled a few times before coming to rest against the tyre wall on the outside of the track, the crash knocked the wind out of me and I wasn’t sure if I’d broken or dislocated my right thumb as it was hurting pretty bad but the worst thing was sitting there thinking bloody hell, how on earth did I get here, I did nothing wrong or different whatsoever which was confirmed later by my boys after they went over the data, nothing at all was different from the previous lap so it was off to the medical centre for some ice and painkillers and see what happens for race 2.
I knew I’d need to be a bit stronger in the first few turns in race two and to be honest I had no problem with that at all, when the lights went out I got another so so start and set about surviving but trying to take advantage of any slight opportunity that might arise, I did make a couple of mistakes avoiding others making their mistakes and by the end of lap 1 I was 16th but right up for it, I knew it was important to start making moves ASAP so that I didn’t get left behind by the leaders, one by one I worked my way up to 11th and was on the case lining up Smrz, Max Neukirchner was just a couple of bikes in front and I’d been using him as my target so every time he overtook I tried to do the same as I knew he had the pace to get to the front, Jonny Rea was at the front of the battle for 9th but was getting dropped slightly so I needed to get my finger out, Max passed Jonny so I put a move on Smrz going into the hairpin, everything was fine and I left a bit of room but he came back at me a bit so I let off the lever ever so slightly, at this point the apex was coming pretty quick and I tried as gently as I could to turn in still hard o the brake and the front end let go, initially I held it but it put me real wide then I just lost the front totally on the dirty part of the track and went down, the bike was still running but was too badly damaged to continue so I cruised back to the pits in total disbelieve, I’d now had three crashes in one weekend, that equalled my tally for the whole of last year, the team were real cool about and even joked about the fact this was a more than normal situation for them but it didn’t brighten my spirits much, after a while though I came round and like I said I’m now well pumped for Qatar, I think I learnt more in this one weekend I Australia about WSB than I imagined I’d learn this season but it’s all good, it was a hard but fair lesson in taking absolutely nothing for granted, I’ve got the speed, the team and a decent bike but it’s gonna be a whole load of hard work to get anywhere and I can’t wait to start grafting again, this next time on a more level playing field too as I don’t think anyone’s tested in Qatar, I know there wasn’t anything to cheer about from Australia but I’m pretty sure our luck will change, I’ll keep you posted!!!!!!

Shane "shakey"Byrne

Mega Quote:

For once when the lights went out my start actually wasn’t that bad, I got a fairly decent launch and held my own on the way down to turn one, the only problem was when I arrived there there were bikes bloody everywhere banging and barging each other all over the place, you’d think that some of them thought the 09 title could be won at the exit of turn one, turn two brought more chaos then came the hairpin and more collisions and crashes, bloody hell by this point I thought it’d be a result just to survive the first lap!!!

Daar verbleekt BSB bij, om maar niet over de motoGP te spreken.

Laatst bewerkt:
Ik ben wel een fan van Haga. Op die R7 was hij toen fenomenaal :}

Terwijl de wereld met verbazing naar McCoy keek in de GP met zijn slides deed Haga op de R7 er een schepje bovenop, die deed het ook met zijn voorwiel :o
5a642fdc9f66ba340efff72afb4988c4

Sowww, onder het mom van niet geschoten altijd mis, es even een art.17lid2bw7 briefje opgesteld naar fabrikant/leverancier mbt me laptop, stomme ding scheurt ondanks netjes huiselijk geweldbruik bij de scharnieren, 2,5jr oud (Acer Aspire), half jaar na aflopen garantie, grrrr.... B|

Zoiets zouden we op ander gebied ''karakter'' door dikke dreunen noemen :P _O- _O-

full

Sowww, onder het mom van niet geschoten altijd mis, es even een art.17lid2bw7 briefje opgesteld naar fabrikant/leverancier mbt me laptop, stomme ding scheurt ondanks netjes huiselijk geweldbruik bij de scharnieren, 2,5jr oud (Acer Aspire), half jaar na aflopen garantie, grrrr.... B|

Zoiets zouden we op ander gebied ''karakter'' door dikke dreunen noemen :P _O- _O-

[afbeelding]

_O- Lijkt wel een Dell. Gaat ook altijd soms kapot na de garantie-periode. :+

Laatst bewerkt:

[afbeelding]

zo eentje hebben wij hier ook liggen :( :(

Dell bleef het doen, zelfs na een paar keer stuiteren op een stenen vloer

_O- Lijkt wel een Dell. Gaat ook altijd kapot na de garantie-periode.
Nou we hebben een 8 jaar oude Dell Dimensions, zo'n vrachtwagen staan, ding draait op wat virus-ellende ih verleden na altijd probleemloos (alhoewel ie nu hier en daar vastloopt door teveel erop, tijd voor een schoning)

*Snelle reactie leverancier (Dixons): wil em ter reparatie hebben, maar wil beoordelen of dat kostenloos kan... (en dat antwoord wil ik vooraf, heb immers foto's bijgesloten)

Laatst bewerkt:
't Echte noorden, Groningen dus. (Westerlee in dit geval :P)

De koffie zal ik moeten afslaan, geen idee waar Casa Di Foggy zich bevindt ;)

Bij mij staat de koffie ook klaar hoor. Bij jou om de hoek. De koffie is niet te zuipen, maar wel gratis ;) Vaak nog warm ook nog.

Nu drink ik zeer geregeld een kopje koffie in Leeuwarden, maar van Fog nog geen aanbod gehad. Je hebt kennelijk iets op mij voor :P :P 8-) :+ :+ :+

zo eentje hebben wij hier ook liggen :( :(

Dell bleef het doen, zelfs na een paar keer stuiteren op een stenen vloer

_O- Lijkt wel een Dell. Gaat ook altijd kapot na de garantie-periode.
Nou we hebben een 8 jaar oude Dell Dimensions, zo'n vrachtwagen staan, ding draait op wat virus-ellende ih verleden na altijd probleemloos (alhoewel ie nu hier en daar vastloopt door teveel erop, tijd voor een schoning)

*Snelle reactie leverancier (Dixons): wil em ter reparatie hebben, maar wil beoordelen of dat kostenloos kan... (en dat antwoord wil ik vooraf, heb immers foto's bijgesloten)

Zal je altijd zien, tref je degene aan met de meest betrouwbare Dell. :+

Ken het niet uit eigen ervaring, broertje werkt in de ICT en Dell zijn goed alleen de meeste, let op de meeste zijn na 3 jaar op.
Maar dan gaat het ook om werkgerelateerde Dell's.

En voor de rest einde verhaal want is niet mijn wereld :N

heb ik ook als thuiscomputer.
Hetzelfde verhaal. En nog redelijk snel als ik niet teveel programma's open heb staan...
Toendertijd nog gekocht met PC-werkproject ofzo met korting van de regering... :? _O-

Laptop heb ik niet, liever een lapdance voor dat geld.... O-)

Laatst bewerkt:
heb er twee een dell en een HP, de HP gebruik ik zakelijk voornamelijk. Prima ding nooit problemen, alleen na twee jaar nu de accu vervangen.

de Dell is wel oké, goede prijs kwaliteit verhouding alleen ...... VISTA :r :r :r ik ben er helemaal klaar mee, ik kan niet downgraden helaas. volgende keer maar een imac....

heb ik ook als thuiscomputer. Hetzelfde verhaal. En nog redelijk snel als ik niet teveel programma's open heb staan... Toendertijd nog gekocht met PC-werkproject ofzo met korting van de regering... :? _O- Laptop heb ik niet, liever een lapdance voor dat geld.... O-)
Hier precies hetzelfde, een XPS T500 via werk vrouw, door haar ontslagregeling vlak erna was ie bekant nog gratis ook... (iets met boventallig medische dienst toenmalige GAK) _O- (mocht ook wel genoeg geld ingeleverd toen B| )

Overigens deed dit simpele standaard Acer schootding dik 700,- als ik zie wat je daar nu voor koopt is niet alles per definitie duurder geworden :X (maar hij voldoet verder goed genoeg voor mij, alleen die k*tscheurtjes '( )

Goed, verders heb ik weinig zinvols te melden, dus leef ik maar weer verder volgens het motto;
full

:+

Laatst bewerkt:
Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan