Silly Season 2017

Mag ik hier dan de tip plaatsen dat het einde vd maand weer Black Friday is, en voorgaande jaren de off-season videopass op die dag werd aangeboden voor €0,99

MahindraRacing ‏@MahindraRacing 1 u1 uur geleden

We are thrilled to welcome @maxbiaggi as a Mahindra Ambassador and Team Manager in the CIV.

full

Nice! Ben benieuwd naar de nieuwe jongens, de overstappers en het nieuwe merk! Hoop wel dat Aprilia volgend jaar een wat strakker design op de kuipen tovert, vond dit jaar maar niks.

Hoop vooral dat Aprilia volgend jaar een wat snellere motor tovert, vond ze dit jaar maar langzaam

:+

Hoop vooral dat Aprilia volgend jaar een wat snellere motor tovert, vond ze dit jaar maar langzaam

:+

Stond op speedweek ergens in de reacties een berekening over de snelheid van de Aprilia door de tijden van A. Espargaro te vergelijken met die van Vinales.
Vinales was op de Suzuki +- 6/10 seconde sneller dan Aleix op de Suzuki. Dus als Vinales op de Aprilia ook 6/10 sneller is dan is is de Aprilia een top 5 fiets. :+

Naar verluidt heeft Javier Alonso Dorna verlaten / is hij ontslagen, en wordt Loris Capirossi opperste hotemetoot bij het World SBK kampioenschap.

Interessant.

BSB: JG Speedfit & Jack Valentine join Haslam at Bournemouth Kawasaki

BSB: JG Speedfit & Jack Valentine join Haslam at Bournemouth Kawasaki

MCE British Superbike runner-up Leon Haslam will continue to run under the JG Speedfit banner in 2017 after the firm join him at the Bournemouth Kawasaki team.

As reported in MCN earlier this month, Haslam will join fellow Showdown man Luke Mossey in Pete Extance’s team. Both riders were present, along with British F1 Sidecar Champions who will remain with the team next year, at the team’s official unveiling at Motorcycle Live this morning.

Like Haslam, JG Speedfit were left out in the cold following GBmoto Racing’s decision to quit racing, but were keen to continue supporting their 2016 title contender.

Unveiling the striking JG Speedfit livery, team boss Extance said: We are delighted to welcome JG Speedfit onboard as our title sponsor for 2017.

“JG Speedfit’s investment, along with Kawasaki UK, has allowed us to put in place our most competitive team line-up for the British Superbike Championship, British Sidecar Championship, North West 200 and Isle of Man TT.”

With the big changes ahead of Bournemouth in 2017, Extance has opted to bring in support from legendary team boss Jack Valentine, who will manage the outfit going forwards.

“2017 is going to be hectic,” Extance continued. “So, I have taken the decision to employ the massively experienced Jack Valentine as team manager to look after all aspects of racing and I look forward to working with Jack in 2017. I strongly believe we have the riders, support staff and sponsors in place to make it a hugely successful year.”

BSB: Ellison & Laverty join new McAMS Yamaha squad

BSB: Ellison & Laverty join new McAMS Yamaha squad

James Ellison and Michael Laverty will head up the all-new McAMS Yamaha team in the MCE British Superbike Championship next year.

Stepping up from the British Supersport class, the squad formerly known as Team Traction Ctrl will field two YZF-R1 machines under the McAMS banner with support from Yamaha Motor Europe akin to that of the Milwaukee Yamaha team that took the title with Josh Brookes in 2015.

With both Ellison and Laverty suffering difficult seasons in 2015, they are both hoping for a turn of fortune next year as they return to a manufacturer with whom they have enjoyed considerable success in the past.

“This is a new challenge for me,” said Ellison. “I have raced with Kawasaki for three years and now to return to Yamaha is something I am really excited about. I feel that the Yamaha suits my style and we finished second together in the 2009 season so we have good memories to build on. We all know how strong the series is so I had to go for what I thought was a championship-winning package and I strongly believe that the TTC Team with the might of Yamaha behind them is exactly what I need to deliver the Title."

“It is perfect that McAMS have increased their presence in the championship and are spreading awareness of just how beneficial it is to the average road user and dealers alike. They have personally supported me for three years and we are looking forward to celebrating more success together in 2017.”

Laverty added: “I’m really excited to be joining the McAMS Yamaha team for the 2017 season. The R1 is a fantastic motorcycle, it’s a bike built for the race track in many ways! I have very fond memories of my previous tenure on Yamaha machinery in 2011, the DNA of the R1, both in terms of power delivery and chassis performance suit a smooth rider, something that is well aligned to my natural riding style.

“I will have a great team in my corner; working with PJ (Pete Jennings) as my crew chief again is great as we worked together at Swan Yamaha in 2011 so the plan is to pick up where we left off making the transition as seamless as possible.

“BSB is currently tougher than ever, I believe I have put myself in a fantastic position ahead of the 2017 season on one of the ‘plum’ seats. Shakey and Leon Haslam were the top dogs in 2016; they remain on the same machinery next season so it is fair to assume they will again be the guys to beat. I am now looking forward to the challenge ahead.

“We want to be aiming for that level from the start of the season; I am looking forward to the change and as a team we will be doing everything possible over the winter to come out and hit the ground running to fight for podiums from the opening round.”

The team have also confirmed they will continue to run in the British Supersport class with Yamaha’s new YZF-R6 next year. After fighting for the title this year with James Westmoreland, the Raceways squad has signed a deal with reigning champion Tarran Mackenzie for the 2017 season.

The Scotsman said: “I had a great first season in the Supersport Championship and after winning the title I wanted to have a new challenge of trying to win with a different team and manufacturer. The team have a lot of experience in the Supersport class and I know having raced against them this year! I feel really motivated to come back out and defend the title and I am really excited about next year as because everything has really fitted together for us.”

BSB: Linfoot & O'Halloran remain with Honda for 2017

BSB: Linfoot & O'Halloran remain with Honda for 2017

Dan Linfoot and Jason O’Halloran will once again spearhead Honda Racing’s attack on the MCE British Superbike title in 2017.

The duo impressed this year aboard the aging, eight-year-old Honda Fireblade to both secure spots in the title fighters’ Showdown, taking 13 podiums between them plus O’Halloran securing his debut win in a Honda 1-2 at Snetterton.

The results see the pair rewarded with the chance to campaign Honda’s all-new Fireblade SP2 in next year’s series, which sees significant engine and chassis upgrades in order to bring it in line with its latest rivals.

The Louth-based squad will return to just a two-rider line-up for the 2016 with the departure of fan favourite Jenny Tinmouth from the team.

“I’m really happy to remain with Honda Racing for my third year,” said Linfoot. “When I first signed in 2015 it was always in the back of my mind that I’d like to remain until the new Fireblade was available and I’m so pleased that this is now possible. Next year will be an exciting time for the team with the new CBR after eight years with the old model, and I’m excited to continue to help with the development. We’ve had two strong years with the last model Fireblade, so I’m looking forward to seeing what we can do on the new one and I’m certain we can be even stronger than we have been. Reflecting on this year, I’m happy with our performance, of course I would have liked to have secured my first race win, but I know that will come, maybe some more podiums, but all in all, it was a great year for us and puts us in a good place going into the New Year. I can’t wait to get testing, try the new Blade and get the season underway!"

O’Halloran added: “I’m really pleased to be back with Honda for 2017, this year was successful for us; I finished fifth in the championship and it’s the first time I’ve completed a full Superbike season. I’m really looking forward to next year, I know we’re going to be stronger with the experience and what we have learnt from this season. I will have the same crew behind me, the same team and we’ll have the new Fireblade, which is exciting. I have raced the last model Fireblade since 2008, which is a long stint and have worked with Honda on the development, so it’s an exciting time with the new CBR – I can’t wait to ride it now! 2017 will be my tenth year with Honda, three with Honda Australia and seven with Honda (UK), so it’s a bit of a landmark in my career and I’m happy to continue with Honda for another year. I have high hopes for 2017 and think I can be a strong challenger for the title. This year we made the Showdown, had my first race win and finished on the podium seven times – so with that in mind, next year is going to be a good one!”

Naar verluidt heeft Javier Alonso Dorna verlaten / is hij ontslagen, en wordt Loris Capirossi opperste hotemetoot bij het World SBK kampioenschap.

Interessant.

Hopelijk ontslagen door de tegenvallende bezoekersaantallen over twee dagen, en gaat men nu beide Superbikeraces weer op de zondag houden. Ik stem voor.

Lekker ontbijten met de Superbikes op zaterdag. *O*
Zondag neem ik het op en kijk het later.. (meer te doen in weekenden) :P

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan