Crighton Racin CR700 prototype gestolen

V Rossi 46

MF veteraan
29 mrt 2012
Tavullia
This is now an Emotional Appeal for the Return of the prototype and all relevant equipment that was stolen yesterday. Someone out there knows of,or has information regarding the theft,and I'm now appealing to your conscience and hopefully better nature. PLEASE return the bike and all taken spares & equipment.......
The police now believe that we were targeted,due to the suspicious nature of this crime. My dad is distraught,and does not deserve this. He has invested his time,his blood,sweat & tears,as well as a considerable amount of his own money and future savings into this venture,and fought and beaten many obstacles along the way. It's difficult to put a financial cost on things at the moment,as he keeps finding that things are missing. Engine End Plate Casings were also taken,making it extremely difficult now to build a new engine,and a state of the art Dashboard Display unit worth approximately £1,000 was also stolen. We're estimating a stolen cost somewhere in the region of £25-£30,000,to replace and put right. Not including the hundreds of hours spent by Brian,researching,designing,redeveloping and building that are also now lost.
EVERYTHING needs returning as soon as possible as the future development and continuation of the Rotary Racer development is now,in my opinion,in serious doubt as it was mainly self funded. This is not a major manufacturer / Race Corporation that is suffering now. This is a thoroughly decent man that is severely down and financially at a loss as unfortunately,the bike,spares & all stolen equipment were regrettably Not Insured....... this just isn't fair.

So finally we're appealing to people's conscience and hopefully decent nature to turn these stolen goods in,at the earliest opportunity.....Please

Contact any of us in confidence.
Leave them securely in a field somewhere and we will collect? We don't care how it's returned.
Just PLEASE return them for us,so this project can continue.

My phone number is 07818292306
Doreen's number is 07702874448
Or FB / Twitter / email any of us direct.

Finally,Many thanks for everyone's support at this tough time.....
Many thanks to EVERYONE for your shares,retweets and comments.
It's sincerely appreciated.
Both Brian & Doreen,and myself have been totally overwhelmed by your messages of support and kindness,and cannot thankyou all enough. Please understand and accept our apologies if we haven't been able to reply to everyone individually,as the post via Facebook & Twitter has reached over 250,000 people in less than 24 hours.......
Unbelievable support for Brian and the team.
If we can have one last big push to get this message out to the thieves it will be very much appreciated.
Thankyou all once again,
Kev Crighton

Click here to support Brian Crighton support organised by Rob Matthews
full

-O- Pffft... bizar, diep triest. Deze man heeft al nooit zoveel medewerking gekregen in zijn leven, :N en ondanks dat toch zijn ideeën x op x als een succes bewezen. :}

Maar hoe ga je hier als dief geld van maken? Wat moet je met zulk exclusief materiaal? :? :N

Nou doorverkopen is ook geen mogelijkheid meer. Vooral als er op grote schaal aandacht aan wordt besteed.

Hoop in ieder geval dat ze hem snel en zo onbeschadigd mogelijk terug krijgen.

Wankel motoren zijn er nagenoeg niet.
Dit is op basis van Norton NRV600.
Gewoon door een hobbyist opgezet en zo kapot gemaakt.

Dit is een artikel wat er eerder geschreven is over de motor.
Kan je alleen maar respect voor hebben.
World exclusive: Rotary returns

let's make it to hot to handle!

Brian Crighton is geen hobbyist hoor.... :)

Was vroeger een Engineer bij Norton en heeft van de straat wankel een succesvolle racer gemaakt.
Maar doordat hij niet erg veel medewerking kreeg is hij met wisselend succes voor zichzelf begonnen. Met als doel de motor in te zetten in het 500 wereld kampioenschap. Maar hij is als constructeur ooit begonnen bij Norton, het is niet zomaar een bevlogen hobbyist. Niet dat daar iets mis mee is trouwens... O-) :+

Dat is wel zo maar dit hele project heeft hij toch min of meer uit eigen zak betaald.

Dat waag ik eigenlijk te betwijfelen. In 2005 heeft hij nl de injectie versie gebouwd, die was toen zwart met grijs gespoten en volledig door het National Museum gefinancierd. Door ene meneer Roy Richards.
Die motor had/heeft igg het zelfde Spondon frame, de Honda RS250 kuip end.
Dus ik vraag me af of dit een compleet andere motor is of het zelfde frame met geupgrade onderdelen.

Maar dat het zuur is voor de man zijn levenswerk, tja tuurlijk helemaal met je eens. '(

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan