R1 2009 topic (RN22 Bigbang) deel 4

Een mappping kan alleen op maat gemaakt zijn als de motor ook op de bank getest word , flashen is nog niet meteen op maat gemaakt software, tenzij hij op de bank voor je gemaakt is.

Had bij mijn destijds een pc5 met een op maat gemaakt mapping, deze mapping hebben we later in de ecu gezet, zo werd de pc 5 overbodig.

De meeste mapping die ze flashen zijn gemaakt voor anderen motoren, daarbij kijkt men naar welke setup dan het beste overeen komt.

Een mappping kan alleen op maat gemaakt zijn als de motor ook op de bank getest word , flashen is nog niet meteen op maat gemaakt software, tenzij hij op de bank voor je gemaakt is.

Had bij mijn destijds een pc5 met een op maat gemaakt mapping, deze mapping hebben we later in de ecu gezet, zo werd de pc 5 overbodig.

De meeste mapping die ze flashen zijn gemaakt voor anderen motoren, daarbij kijkt men naar welke setup dan het beste overeen komt.

Daarom stond hij dus ook op de testbank en was het maar 300 voor flashen en afstellen ;)

je kan inderdaad voor een 380 dollar die set kopen van flashtune maar dan weet je nog niks, behalve de functies die je aan en uit kan zetten. :)

Hallo allemaal,
Ik stel even een vraag voor een vriendje van mij: wat is jullie ervaring qua verbruik van de "09 big bang crossplane?

Hij heeft hem nu net een paar weken maar redt op het moment maar 180km op een volle tank. Is dit normaal voor dit type? Zo ja, zijn er mogelijkheden om hem wat zuiniger te krijgen?

zoiets rijd ik er ook mee.

zuiniger, meer schakelen en lage toeren rijden. afstellen wil wel is wat schelen maar verwacht er geen tientalle kilometers mee te winnen.

Daarom stond hij dus ook op de testbank en was het maar 300 voor flashen en afstellen ;)

je kan inderdaad voor een 380 dollar die set kopen van flashtune maar dan weet je nog niks, behalve de functies die je aan en uit kan zetten. :)

Nou, helemaal niets is wat overdreven, maar je bent dan inderdaad niet klaar....betekent overigens niet dat ik het geen leuk speelgoed vind ;)

Over het verbruik: Ik heb er ooit 240km op gehaald....voller dan vol tanken en dan constant tussen de 120 en 130 achter de familie-auto tuffen...reserve-lampje was toen wel al even aan trouwens..
Meestal ergens tussen de 180-200km haal ik wel, maar dan moet het gas niet te vaak open gaan..

Meestal rond de 170 a 180 km, maar denk met het rijgedrag aan te passen dat 190 of mischien 200 ook wel te halen is.

Oef oma in beeld :? ;)

Ik heb een PC5 in mijn R1 gezet en verschillende mappings uitgeprobeerd van dynojet zelf voor mijn setup. Mijn setup is akra's plus cat-vervanger en bmc race filter. Als ik de Europese mappings inlaad dan zie ik gelijk dat deze een stuk armer staan dan de Amerikaanse versies. De motor zelf wordt er meer flauwer van dan sneller. Welke Europese mapping ik ook probeer)full akra, slip on akra). Gebruik ik de US mapping dan loopt mijn motor als een raket en is de gasrespons echt extreem. Mijn R1 is geen US model en gewoon een Europese versie. Iemand enig ervaring hiermee??

I have a 2014 RN23, I tried an EU map in mine, the bike ran like crap. Now I'm using the US Graves full system map and it runs MUCH better. I have a LeoVince full system and Sprint air filter.

US Map is met een kleine airbox. EU R1s hebben een grote airbox.

Same airbox. The only difference is the inlet from the plenum is longer and narrower for noise reasons. If you cut off this piece it's the exact same as an EU airbox. I've also compared all the EU and US fuel and ignition maps in FTE and WRT software and the only differences are the throttle maps with the US models being restricted around 12000 RPMs.

Said piece of the plenum after cutting it out:
IMG_0286.JPG

If you guys are interested I can post the comparison throttle data between EU and US bikes for 09-11 and 12-14. The 09-11 and 12-14 have different ignition, fuel and throttle maps as well as some other data.

Same airbox. The only difference is the inlet from the plenum is longer and narrower for noise reasons. If you cut off this piece it's the exact same as an EU airbox. I've also compared all the EU and US fuel and ignition maps in FTE and WRT software and the only differences are the throttle maps with the US models being restricted around 12000 RPMs.

Said piece of the plenum after cutting it out:
[afbeelding]

If you guys are interested I can post the comparison throttle data between EU and US bikes for 09-11 and 12-14. The 09-11 and 12-14 have different ignition, fuel and throttle maps as well as some other data.

Nice thx and good to know. Yes please I would like to see the difference.

And every EU map I tried on my r1 was crap. I will try your grave us map.

Laatst bewerkt:
Throttle map differences between EU and US:

EU throttle map:

EU%2BMap.png

12-14%2BEU%2BWRT.png

US throttle map:

US%2BMap.png

12-14%2BUS%2BWRT.png

09-11 throttle map differences:

EU:

09-11%2BEU.png

09-11%2BEU%2BWRT.png

US:

09-11%2BUS.png

09-11%2BUS%2BWRT.png

This is the major difference between the two and you would need to flash the ECU to remove the restriction on US bikes.

I'll try to start a thread regarding my setup a little later so you can see what's been done.

Laatst bewerkt:
Throttle map differences between EU and US:

EU throttle map:

[afbeelding]

[afbeelding]

US throttle map:

[afbeelding]

[afbeelding]

09-11 throttle map differences:

EU:

[afbeelding]

[afbeelding]

US:

[afbeelding]

[afbeelding]

This is the major difference between the two and you would need to flash the ECU to remove the restriction on US bikes.

I'll try to start a thread regarding my setup a little later so you can see what's been done.

Thanks! But that still doesn't explain to me why the US maps works better on our EU bikes....

I noticed most EU maps mention some O2 Optimizer, I have no idea what this is, AutoTune maybe? This could be a large part of the problem.

Also, don't use an 09-11 map on a 12-14, the fuel and ignition maps are quite different between the two.

What year is your R1? I can try to look at things in FTE and the PC5 maps and see what's going on.

I noticed most EU maps mention some O2 Optimizer, I have no idea what this is, AutoTune maybe? This could be a large part of the problem.

Also, don't use an 09-11 map on a 12-14, the fuel and ignition maps are quite different between the two.

What year is your R1? I can try to look at things in FTE and the PC5 maps and see what's going on.

You are right about the O2 Optimizer. It is in fact an autotuner with makes it possible for the powercommander to determine what air/fuel mixture is and auto correct it.

Mine is an 2010 model with akra slipons, cat-replacement part, bmc race filter and pc5 with O2 eliminater. In wich region do you live? Otherwise we can meet so you can try my bike for comparison.

Laatst bewerkt:
I'm in the southwest pacific region of the US at the moment :(

Based on what you listed, I'd recommend the M22-006-015 map (US map). I know it's for a Leo Vince, but I've found Graves and Leo Vince to be the most universal maps when a specific map doesn't exist.

What would be interesting to find out is where DynoJet does the testing in Europe to create the maps. I know the US maps are made in North Las Vegas, Nevada which is about 600 m above sea level and very dry. The European tuning location could be affecting the tune results depending on where it is.

Curious, why run the O2 eliminator? I'm running mine with the stock O2 sensor right now and have no issues. I understand it forces the ECU to only use the TPS vs RPM maps, but you need to have a pretty good tune for that. Again, only curious.

Based on what you listed, I'd recommend the M22-006-015 map (US map). I know it's for a Leo Vince, but I've found Graves and Leo Vince to be the most universal maps when a specific map doesn't exist.

What would be interesting to find out is where DynoJet does the testing in Europe to create the maps. I know the US maps are made in North Las Vegas, Nevada which is about 600 m above sea level and very dry. The European tuning location could be affecting the tune results depending on where it is.

Curious, why run the O2 eliminator? I'm running mine with the stock O2 sensor right now and have no issues. I understand it forces the ECU to only use the TPS vs RPM maps, but you need to have a pretty good tune for that. Again, only curious.

Haha ok that's not really an option ;-)
Oke thanks and I will try that map.

You need the O2 eliminator otherwise the ECU will automatically overrules the PC5 fuel mapping in the low and midrange rpm zone. This happens because the stock O2 sensor is still sending the CO measuring data to the ECU. The ECU will detect that the air/fuel ratio is incorrect and then starts to correct this.

Laatst bewerkt:
Yes but, at low/mid range you shouldn't run into any issues. The O2 sensor is only for MAP vs RPM, as you said, idle and low load. When you grab a handful of throttle it switches to TPS vs RPM and uses the PC5 for fuel adjustment (when you really want the fuel adjustment). I'm running FlashTune, I adjusted my TPS vs RPM maps with a PC5 map (like you're doing) and have my O2 sensor enabled. The bike runs quite well and the spark plugs looked good when I changed them recently. I feel like it gives me better fuel economy when cruising on the highway as well. Just my experience with it.

When tuning (or using AutoTune) you definitely want the O2 sensor disabled, but once done you can turn it on without any issues (unless you've done major engine work).

Laatst bewerkt:

I just tried the M22-006-015 us map and the bike feels much extremer than any EU map. For instance you can easily make a power wheely in 2e gear. But the throttle response has also high on/off character. As mentioned before the US maps are much richer than the EU maps. Maybe I need to set all values in between?

Laatst bewerkt:
Based on how engines work, more air going out will pull more air in. More air going in means you need more fuel to compensate.

Try reducing the fuel a little between idle and say 2000 RPM and the first TPS column. I'm not on my computer so I can't pull up the data to give exact details. If I get a chance later today I'll get in there and look.

The stock throttle maps are HORRIBLE. Unfortunately the only fix is to flash the ECU with smoothed out maps.

Laatst bewerkt:
Based on how engines work, more air going out will pull more air in. More air going in means you need more fuel to compensate.

Try reducing the fuel a little between idle and say 2000 RPM and the first TPS column. I'm not on my computer so I can't pull up the data to give exact details. If I get a chance later today I'll get in there and look.

The stock throttle maps are HORRIBLE. Unfortunately the only fix is to flash the ECU with smoothed out maps.

Oke I will try that thanks ;-)

@TerrorMax Oerknal linked a FlashTune file, not a PC5 file.

You may be able to sweet talk someone with an FTE setup into letting you flash your ECU with their setup. A license is $100 USD, it would give you full access and let you make a lot more adjustments. Something to think about. You could sell your PC5 and cover the license cost easy. If you can't find anyone to do it, I'll probably bring my setup with my next spring/summer when we visit and could do it then, if you're interested.

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan