Ben Spies

Mooi stukje uit dat interview, kunnen wij als Nederlandse fans en vooral Assen als circuit toch even mooi in onze zak steken.

Crash.net:
How much does the Assen victory mean to you?

Ben Spies:
It was huge for me because it was a race that I fell in love with when I was a kid. I was eight or nine years old watching review tapes from '90-'94 with Kevin [Schwantz] and it was him being crazy on the brakes at the final chicane to pass Wayne [Rainey] and Wayne running off onto the grass and Kevin passing him back!

I remember great races in the 250s as well with Cadalora and Romboni. I remember Doohan when he ate shit there really hard at the fast left hander and hit the fence. I remember all that stuff so Assen was a huge race for me and it was really important in Superbikes to win there and if it was the only GP race that I could have won, I'm glad that it was that one because it's the most historic race on the calendar.

That's what makes it even better because if I could only win one race that it was that one. That's the coolest race of the year and being able to come into that stadium after you win the race and everyone is going crazy is a good feeling. At that race all the fans have their favourite riders but all the fans love all the racers. They love racing and even in WSBK I noticed it.

I know that I had a lot of fans there but I noticed that it was the same for every racer. At some tracks in different countries the fans only cheer for one dude, but in Assen they love everybody.

Mooi om te zien / lezen, hoe Ben tegen "ons" Assen aan kijkt. Mooi verhaal!

Met z'n Moeder....................... :9 '( :+

MotoGP™ ‏@MotoGP · 14 u
RT @BenSpies11 Never been so nervous in my life! Thankfully she said yes!!!!

full

Ben Spies is aanwezig in Rimini en zet zojuist de deur open voor een comeback :Y

Zit wel vaak bij ten katen....zou hij Hayden gaan vervangen. :?

Zou zomaar kunnen. Hij liet niet het achterste puntje van zijn tong zien. Maar suggereerde wel dat hij al gesprekken aan het voeren was, maar dus niet waar. Maar voor zover ik me herinner heeft hij in het verleden ook met Nicky opgetrokken. Zijn volgens mij nog wel leuke YT filmpjes over te vinden. Dus een betere vervanger kan ik niet bedenken bij Ten Kate.

Spies tja uhhhh tijdje niet gereden op hoog level etc: etc: etc; maar zeker een aanwinst :Y noodgreep :? moeilijk maar wel gaaf ;)

Honda :?

Als je de race van gister bekijkt.. 13 mensen over de finish..
In de SSP rijden meer dan 30 man mee.... WSBK kan wel een impuls gebruiken. Zou mooi zijn als Spies weer kan meedoen.

Laatst bewerkt:
Wow dat zou vet zijn!

Middels wildcards of als vaste rijder volgend jaar?
Bradl en Spies.. mooi duo, misschien trekt hij ook nog wel een sponsor aan. Markt in de usa is er groot genoeg voor.

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan