Dakar 2013

Verhoeven rijdt op een virtuele 10e plek nu, hoop dat er nog wat meer in zit!

Edit: lijkt er al niet meer op...

Laatst bewerkt:

Zonde zeg, Huzink er ook al uit. Nou was die toch kansloos voor een goeie einduitslag, maar toch jammer dat er nu wel erg weinig NL auto's over zijn. Denk dat er nooit eerder zo'n sterke Nederlandse afvaardiging bij de auto's was, met 5 inschrijvingen die allemaal in staat zouden moet zijn op top 10 te kunnen rijden. Helemaal niks meer van over. Hopen dat de rest van de auto's/buggies het in ieder geval kan uitrijden.

Al-Attiyah is er ook al uit, kwestie van uitrijden voor Peterhansel. De achterstand van De Villiers is bijna een uur, dus als Peterhansel geen gekke dingen doet kan hij er nog een op zijn lijstje bijschrijven.

En deze keer wederom al niet gefinished, problemen met de zuiger las ik ergens.
150cc 2 takt, tja..
Luis Belaustegui is nog steeds in de race op zijn 150cc 2T

Life on the Dakar is a permanent challenge for Luis Belaustegui. The Argentinean biker started the Dakar for the third time with the smallest engine in the field: a KTM 150cc. Although his adventure came to a halt during the 13th stage last year, he has not yet seen the finishing ceremony. His road to Santiago has again been full of pitfalls this year. Already penalised by a top speed that is much lower than the speeds reached by the 450cc bikes, he is especially exposed to greater mechanical fragility on the more demanding stages of the rally. To reach Cordoba, at the end of this edition's longest stage, the University Professor from Missouri in the USA had to call upon all his resources: “I'm exhausted,” he sighed on finishing in last place on the special, 19 hours after having left the bivouac in Tucuman! “Everything went well on the first part of the special, but after that, I jammed my engine. I spent between 5 and 6 hours repairing it. Seeing as I'm not a skilled mechanic, I took everything to bits and cleaned it, before putting it back together. And the bike worked. I was completely improvising, but in any case, my life is made up of improvisations”. Relieved at having passed this test with success, Luis is not at all reassured for the rest of the rally: “I've already changed the engine twice and I don't have a spare one. I don't know if it will go the distance. I'll have to talk with my mechanic to see if he can find me a solution, but I think he's going to hate me”. Between Cordoba and La Rioja, the machine withstood the test and Luis was able to “defend” his last place in the general standings. However, the dunes of Fiambala will not be kind to his little machine…

motor hebben de etappe afgemaakt. auto en trucks moesten bij CP1 welke bij WP3 ligt stoppen van de organisatie ivm overvloedige regenval

motor hebben de etappe afgemaakt. auto en trucks moesten bij CP1 welke bij WP3 ligt stoppen van de organisatie ivm overvloedige regenval
Volgens enkele motorrijders was alleen de doorwading van een rivier vlak na cp1 een uitdaging. En was de rest prima te doen...

Zonde van de etappe. De Rooy had veel goed kunnen maken als hij dat tempo door had kunnen zetten.

Nou Knuiman doet het anders heel goed. Dus vertraging ok, maar dikke vertraging :N

Frans Verhoeven has won the special, beating Ruben Faria by 1'38" and Joan Barreda by 3'01". Alain Duclos picks up a noteworthy fourth place, 3'17" behind the Dutchman. Four different constructors occupy the first four places: Yamaha, KTM, Huskvarna and Sherco. Fifth place has been taken by "Chaleco", 4'47" off the lead. Cyril Despres loses 9'15" to the day's winner and5 minutes to Faria and Chaleco in the general standings

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan