Front brakes: brake lever is moving back and forth and the whole bike is shaking back and forth when braking

Cloud23

Rookie
17 jul 2020
Hi all,

I have a Honda CB00F 2005. It has 47 000km and I bought it a few months ago at 40 000km. As far as I know it had a big service before I bought it, including new brake pads, chain etc.
I've been doing most maintenance myself including chain maintainance and I also changed the brake fluid a few months ago. In the beginning it was fine but now more and more the whole bike is shaking and it does not feel like strong breaking when I use the front brakes. It felt spongy, so last night I bled the brakes and got rid of the air in the system. That made the breaking quality better but now you can feel it much clearer that the break lever is moving back and forth when I'm breaking and the whole bike is shaking too.
Anyone has an idea what that could be? And which steps I should check?
I've been using S100 Totalreiniger to clean the bike, could there be a correlation?

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the answer.
I did triple check if I bled the system without trapped air when I did the brake fluid change a few months ago but still I found air in there yesterday. Might be doing something wrong

I'll do the checks that you recommended. Might also just take it to a garage, as I'd rather be safe on the streets
You might also loosen the connection bolts on the brake system to let the last bubbles of air escape, same way you bleed the brake itself. And a thing I always do is after opening the brake reservoir: petting the brake lever quick and frequently, loosen it, squeeze it tight and repeat this time after time. You'll see a whole lotta very small bubbles coming out of the compensation hole...

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan