Het grote BSB/Real Road Racing Top Deel 3

MotoGP star Redding supports young British talent with Team Repli-Cast

MotoGP star Scott Redding is backing Britain's upcoming racing talent after joining forces with Team Repli-Cast to support Charlie Nesbitt in the 2014 Motostar Championship season.

Redding is preparing for his maiden season in the premier MotoGP class in 2014 but the 2013 Moto2 Championship runner-up wants to give other British youngsters the opportunity to follow in his footsteps and will be supporting 12-year-old Nesbitt in next year's championship.

Nesbitt will contest the championship with Team Repli-Cast aboard a Honda Moto3 machine supplied by Redding who will also be offering the youngster advice and guidance throughout his debut season. Nesbitt has already clinched three British Championship titles after he started racing mini-motos when he was just six years old and finished third in this season's Thundersport Aprilia Superteens series.

Redding said: "The Young Riders Academy was set up to help youngsters taking their first steps in the sport and it's been very successful. The partnership with Team Repli-Cast is independent of the Academy, but it means we're now in a position to help talented young riders like Charlie Nesbitt make the step up to the British Championship.

"All too often we see youngsters leave the sport because they simply don't have the funding to progress to the next level, or they get little or no advice when they do make the step up. I know exactly what that's like, because I've been there. Without the sacrifices and support of family and friends during the early stages of my career, I wouldn't now be on the verge of making my MotoGP debut.

"Charlie has the talent to succeed and now he also has the chance to showcase that talent in the British Championship. I'm happy to be able to give him this opportunity, and to put something back into the sport that has been so good to me in recent years."

Kent's Steve Mercer will compete at next year's Isle of Man TT races in a team run by Prodigy frontman Keith Flint.

Mercer will ride in the Superbike, Superstock and Senior races on the team's TAS Racing supported Superbike and Superstock GSX-R machines and will also contest both Supersport events on a Suzuki as he makes his debut in the 600cc class in Flint's Team Traction Control colours.
Dit is best wel mooi nieuws, iemand die bekend is van iets compleet anders, nml muziek, die begint in roadracing, kan alleen maar goed zijn voor de bekendheid/imago van de sport :Y

Je ziet hem ook heel vaak bij MotoGP/WSBK, lijkt me echt een liefhebber

Dit is best wel mooi nieuws, iemand die bekend is van iets compleet anders, nml muziek, die begint in roadracing, kan alleen maar goed zijn voor de bekendheid/imago van de sport :Y

Je ziet hem ook heel vaak bij MotoGP/WSBK, lijkt me echt een liefhebber

Zeer groot liefhebber van de sport ja, en kan zelf ook wel aardig sturen.

Hij heeft naast div. dikke Gixxers (opgebouwd door Crescent Suzuki SBK) ook een FTR Moto2 bike.

keith-14.jpg

keith-3.jpg

Laatst bewerkt:
Martin Jessopp 4⃣0⃣ ‏@MartinJessopp

Happy to announce I will be making my IOM TT debut in 2014.

Woow, Keith Flint investeert ineens veel in de sport!
Naast het IOM TT nieuws van hierboven nu ook dit:

Firestarter Flint starts Supersport team with American prodigy Rispoli

The Prodigy's Keith Flint is set for a new gig in 2014 as he debuts his Team Traction Control in the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship with American young gun James Rispoli.

Flint, who has sold over 20 million albums worldwide, has a huge passion for racing, competing himself at club level. Flint's Team Traction Control now progress to the Supersport Championship after securing two Endurance Championship titles before debuting in the National Superstock 1000 class this season with Steve Mercer and at the final round with Rispoli.

Rispoli made his British debut wildcarding in 2012 and is now relishing the opportunity to line up on the grid in the Monster Energy backed team. The 22 year-old New Yorker has already tasted success in the United States of America in the AMA Pro Supersport National Championships, celebrating four consecutive AMA Pro Supersport Championships in two seasons. In his earlier career before making the transition to circuit racing he was also an AMA multi-national champion dirt tracker and multi land speed record holder. Mercer will continue to line up for the team in the major road races next year.

Rispoli said: "I am so excited to get the opportunity to race full time overseas and to do it in such a prestigious series as the British Superbike Championship is amazing. I have had some experience of the events at the final Brands Hatch rounds over the past two seasons and now this is a chance to have a full season to prove what we are capable of. I know I will need to learn the tracks but I think we can come to grips with that pretty fast and try and be pushing for some podiums and top positions throughout the season. I know it won't be easy however I'm confident my team will do whatever it takes to make sure we have the best prepped equipment and testing program to get the job done. I want to thank team owner Keith Flint for believing in me and making this dream come true. I can't wait to start testing on the track with the new bike, new crew and look forward to putting up a great result and an awesome show for all the fans."

Flint concluded: "The time is right now for us to move to this level and I am really excited by the whole thing. I have been a fan of the championship for several years and that is the foundation of why I started a team in the first place. The feeling of this announcement is like the first time that the band played at Glastonbury; it is the big time. We have won back to back titles at club level in the endurance series and now it feels right to move to the next level. We want to be able to come out and fight for podiums, especially in this championship as I have followed it for over a decade. I have been a part of the paddock, watching the events but now it feels great to be part of it, rather than a musician spectating trackside. I am very passionate about the sport and now we can't wait to get started next season."

Echt heel gaaf! :}

Laatst bewerkt:
Gaaf idd vind the prodigy sowieso vet en mooi dat keith nu hoger in gaat zetten in de sport waar ie gek van is. Leuk dat ie ook een amerikaan meeneemt en niet persee voor een brit gaat. Zelfde geld voor bijvoorbeeld Michael Jordan, hoop dat die het voor elkaar krijgt om z'n ambities om met zn team op wereldniveau te gaan rijden waar te maken. Rispoli heb ik altijd een goede coureur gevonden, hoop dat hij net als PJ Jacobsen goed kan aanpassen vanuit de states naar europa.

Laatst bewerkt:
Dit zou echt klote zijn:

New TT technical rules put Hutchy return under threat

Isle of Man TT stars Ian Hutchinson and Josh Brookes could be forced out of the 2014 festival after rules governing electronics mean the eight-time winner would not be competitive on his Milwaukee Yamaha and team boss Shaun Muir is considering pulling the plug on attendance.

Race bosses want a spec-ECU system - as is run in British Superbikes – in place for 2015 but have moved to a halfway house for next year where teams will have to bin expensive after-market electronics like Magneti Marelli and move to kit systems, adopt a Motec spec-ECU or run original equipment. The teams will also have a rev limit of manufacturer maximum plus 750rpm.

Honda, Kawasaki and Suzuki have given their OK as their kit electronics are up to speed, but Hutchinson’s Milwaukee squad are against the plans as their YEC kit system is nothing like as advanced as the competition and the Bingley man would simply not be able to find the pace to run consistent 131mph laps.

“I have fought these new regulations tooth and nail but to no avail so I may have no option but to remove both Josh and Ian from the event because it would be very difficult to make them both anything like competitive at the very sharp end,” said Muir, speaking to bikesportnews.com.

"The kit systems from the other manufacturers already contain strategies for rider aids traction control and anti-wheelie, for example, whereas the Yamaha’s isn’t that advanced, so we would be at a distinct disadvantage, especially when it comes to putting in consistent 131mph lap where a full electronics package is necessary.

"Neither myself or Yamaha want to be put in this position but at the end of the day, the other manufacturers are happy with it. We have plenty of experience with the BSB Motec spec-ECU and would have no problem moving to it in 2015.”

TT clerk of the course Gary Thompson said: “The driver for the proposed amendments to the Superbike regulations for 2014 is cost management, something we all need to be mindful of in the current economic climate. So as not to isolate the IOM TT in the future as having a ‘one-off set of rules’ requiring teams to build machinery specifically for the TT, the change in rules moves towards a specification similar to and in line with the British Superbike Championship.”

It is thought that North West 200 and Ulster GP organisers are not pressing for these changes in 2014 but may adopt them in 2015. Rules for engine tuning will remain as they are for next year at the TT but then move to something more in line with BSB the year after.

bikesportnews.com

Waarom nu ineens de plannen voor 2015 een jaar opschuiven naar 2014. Zo komt Yamaha idd wellicht tijd te kort om hun YEC software competitief te krijgen voor de road race R1..... Ik begrijp de IOM TT organisatie wel, maar niet dat ze dit zo kort dag (blijkbaar voor Yamaha) toch ineens voor 2014 al brengen.

STATEMENT REGARDING THE 2014 SUPERBIKE TT REGULATIONSConsultation with the manufacturers on the 2014 TT Superbike Class TT regulations began in July2013.In order to reduce the costs for teams and secure the long-term viability of the Superbike and Seniorclass ACU Events Ltd, race organiser of the Isle of Man TT Races, is amending the regulations to be inline with the British Superbike Championship regulations, removing the requirement for teams tobuild machinery specifically for the TT Races. Kawasaki, Suzuki, BWM and Honda support the revisedregulations.The 2014 Superbike class technical regulations relating to the engine and chassis will remainunchanged but the rules on electronics will be amended as follows:• Teams and competitors may only use either BSB spec MOTEC, manufacturers kit ECU orstandard ECU with the addition of a power commander type device.• The RPM limit will be manufacturers stated maximum RPM + 750 RPM.For 2015, the technical rules relating to the engine will be amended to reflect those of BSB, albeitwith some specific rules for the TT.The full set of regulations for 2014 is due to be released in early January at which point entries for the2014 event will open.

Nav het gerucht van gisteren...... Mooi klote dit voor Shaun Muir, Hutchy en Brookes....

Interessant, er staan 3 PBM Kawa's klaar voor een test:

67 Byrne, 5 Easton en de nr. 70 Michael Laverty

BaulNeeCAAA_3Uz.jpg

Laatst bewerkt:
STATEMENT REGARDING THE 2014 SUPERBIKE TT REGULATIONSConsultation with the manufacturers on the 2014 TT Superbike Class TT regulations began in July2013.In order to reduce the costs for teams and secure the long-term viability of the Superbike and Seniorclass ACU Events Ltd, race organiser of the Isle of Man TT Races, is amending the regulations to be inline with the British Superbike Championship regulations, removing the requirement for teams tobuild machinery specifically for the TT Races. Kawasaki, Suzuki, BWM and Honda support the revisedregulations.The 2014 Superbike class technical regulations relating to the engine and chassis will remainunchanged but the rules on electronics will be amended as follows:• Teams and competitors may only use either BSB spec MOTEC, manufacturers kit ECU orstandard ECU with the addition of a power commander type device.• The RPM limit will be manufacturers stated maximum RPM + 750 RPM.For 2015, the technical rules relating to the engine will be amended to reflect those of BSB, albeitwith some specific rules for the TT.The full set of regulations for 2014 is due to be released in early January at which point entries for the2014 event will open.

Nav het gerucht van gisteren...... Mooi klote dit voor Shaun Muir, Hutchy en Brookes....
las het net ja.

Ben benieuwd wat ze gaan doen, ik hoop uiteraard dat ze erbij zijn :]

Deze wilde ik ff delen met jullie, mooie promo van Metzeler (in samenwerking met Tyco Suzuki road race team).

In de winter is het voor mij altijd tijd om plannen te maken voor het komend seizoen...
Nu is het de planning om in Augustus naar de Ulster GP te gaan.
Is iemand hier ooit geweest en heeft er wellicht meer info over.
Heb de website van de Ulster GP al bekeken, maar daar word ik niet veel wijzer van qua campings etc. Daar is niets over terug te vinden.

Iemand die mij kan helpen met wat info...?

Ik ga het liefst met de motor, is dan wel twee keer met de boot. Maar we maken er dan een vakantie van in Ierland en Noord-Ierland, waarbij de Ulster GP als eindbestemming/tussenstop ligt.

En zie zojuist dat van 8-10 Augustus de BSB te gast is op Oulton Park, dit ligt niet al te ver van de route af, en is dus ook nog wel mee te nemen :)

Laatst bewerkt:
In de winter is het voor mij altijd tijd om plannen te maken voor het komend seizoen...
Nu is het de planning om in Augustus naar de Ulster GP te gaan.
Is iemand hier ooit geweest en heeft er wellicht meer info over.
Heb de website van de Ulster GP al bekeken, maar daar word ik niet veel wijzer van qua campings etc. Daar is niets over terug te vinden.

Iemand die mij kan helpen met wat info...?

Ik ga het liefst met de motor, is dan wel twee keer met de boot. Maar we maken er dan een vakantie van in Ierland en Noord-Ierland, waarbij de Ulster GP als eindbestemming/tussenstop ligt.

En zie zojuist dat van 8-10 Augustus de BSB te gast is op Oulton Park, dit ligt niet al te ver van de route af, en is dus ook nog wel mee te nemen :)
Ik ben er geweest, uiteraard met de motor ;)

1 boot is genoeg trouwens, 2 kan
je kan met de trein naar Engeland (Calais/Dover) of je kan met 1 overtocht van Frankrijk naar Ierland, als is dat voor de mensen die meer in Noord Nederland wonen misschien wel erg om.
Ik heb beide gedaan.

Ulster GP vond ik kwa race mooier als de NW200, alleen is het een race op het voor de Ieren vaste land, dat wil zeggen dat er best wat mensen het weer afwachten, als je een week gaat is het dus de eerste dagen niet super druk, is net zo als bij de NW200.
Bij de Ulster zit je dicht bij Belfast dus daar kan je altijd wel op stap, leuke cafés tot discotheken ;)

De laatste trainings dag wordt de dundrod 150 race gereden en dan is het al drukker, de racedag zelf is het vrij druk.

Wij hebben trouwens in een hotel gezeten, we reden allemaal supersport en dan neem je niet zo snel voor 8/10 dagen bagage mee, dus een hotel is gewoon top
je hebt een restaurant waar je kan eten en een fatsoenlijke slaapplek.

Ik zou zeggen als je echt naar de Ulster wilt, doen !
ik vond de race en het circuit super, de feesttent bij het circuit is te doen
maar in Belfast op stap gaan is ook erg leuk.,
de trainingsdagen kan je op verschillende plekken bekijken, en de sfeer in het paddock is ook erg vriendelijk en gemoedelijk

Super vakantie daar gehad.

Ahhhh toen John nog de echte Gixxer John was (niet op die moffenbak ;-) )
klopt, maar komt er nog wel eens 1 terug hoor Ruud, :Y :]

en ik heb de 1100 nog he, is meer een winterproject/sleutelfiets :)

Laatst bewerkt:
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan