Katoh

Ik weet niet meer waar ik het las, maar ik las ergens dat als hij zou bijkomen dat hij vanaf zijn neus aan verlamd zal zijn. Dan kan hij toch alleen maar zien, en met zijn ogen knipperen?

k ben trouwens zo lui om niet de vorige 8 pagina's door te lezen, dus mocht het zo zijn dat iemand dit eerder al gezegd heeft: |(

Wat voor leven heb je dan nog?

En toch wens ik hem toe dat hij ontwaakt, want ik vind dat hij het verdient om te weten dat heel motorrijdend nederland, nou ja eigenlijk de hele wereld die motorrijdt hem volgt, en steunt waar mogelijk

Dit is een verschrikkelijk ongeluk '(
Nu maar hopen dat alles toch nog goed komt, al heb ik er een zwaar hoofd in.
Je zult maar vanaf je nek verlamd zijn... dat is volgens mij geen leven meer!

CAT

dit zag ik vandaag op de site van dr.Costa staan

KATO: THE DR COSTA VIEWPOINT

The news updates on our site, rather than pieces of actual journalism, stem from a simple passion for motorcycling and a desire to communicate with its fans. Our site is no newspaper: it has no deadlines. No-one was able to give a real-time description of the inferno of Suzuka.

All we could do was sadly state that a serious accident had happened, that the rider had been helicoptered to the hospital. We chose the telling image of Daijiro’s crash helmet, not so much because of its newsworthiness but more as a symbol of the protection that this item offers. Because, make no mistake about it, riders would have very little chance of surviving the direct impact of such high-speed incidents without it.

The ambulance doors swing open to reveal Japanese rider Daijiro Kato laid out on a stretcher, being given artificial respiration by a Japanese doctor while his colleague performs heart massage. My hands move in to alleviate the tired hands of that Japanese doctor, who seems almost relieved at the arrival of this unexpected help.

There is no pulse, and my hands sink into his chest again and again in an effort to convince that terribly still heart to start beating. More than a massage, it is a caress, soothing the riders’ seemingly lifeless body. After an endless few minutes Kato’s young heart starts functioning again, beating out the steady rhythm of life, yet a life marred by terrible suffering.

The Japanese doctors, together with the Clinica Mobile’s resuscitation expert Dr Aronne Reverzani, complete this life-saving process, connecting up tubes and catheters and arranging the neck collar and mattress. Three of the most accomplished in-flight doctors are chosen to accompany Kato to the Yokkaichi hospital: one of them was the Clinica Mobile’s resuscitation doctor.

Critically injured, the rider made it to the hospital alive. And it is here that my words now turn harsh, expressed coldly in that detached manner that plain scientific truth demands: deep coma, serious brain injuries with extensive haemorrhaging that worsens towards the base and the brain stem. Dislocation of the 1st and 2nd cervical vertebrae with fracturing of the 3rd and, consequently, devastating damage to the spinal chord. Numerous shoulder and upper limb fractures.

Yet such an atrocious, cold diagnosis requires something non-scientific to counterbalance it, something exquisitely human: the irrational line of reasoning that promises us there is still hope even though the rider is in a deep coma.

Yes, hope. That highest of sentiments cultivated with tears and love. And tears and love can – and do – inspire hope where there appears to be none at all. This morning, Daijiro Kato, despite his terrible injuries, improved a little, demonstrating that despite his miniscule physique, this Japanese rider has an inner strength that allows him to fight the impossible. Like Kato, I believe that all of us should hope for the impossible, because it is, ultimately, the only way in which things ever become possible.

The morning of the race – when Daijiro Kato was already on the starting grid and Alex Barros was late joining the line-up on account of frenetic pre-race preparation that would let him mount his motorcycle, despite the injury to his left knee sustained during warm-up – a shiver of a thought ran through my mind. What is it that drives riders like Daijiro Kato and Barros to race on circuits like the one at Suzuka? Who is it that makes Melandri even think about racing on that hard asphalt just two days after it inflicted appalling injuries on him?

There’s no rational answer because, I believe, the explanation resides in the purely irrational side of human nature. Where intellect and reason encroach on the world of sentiment, the resulting folly gives rise to the magical creature of the SOUL, that precious inner sense that allows us to see life as beautiful and good, acquitting it of every tragedy and rendering it innocent.

When riders accelerate onto the race track they play a game of chess with death, doing so because they possess a soul – just like all those other motorcyclists who, whether on the race track or the road, ride their bikes in search of a better world, a world of infinite freedom.

Mick Doohan and Alex Zanardi’s souls acquitted life of the horrors it had inflicted on them. The world, instead, has negotiated its soul and sold it in exchange for a horrendous mask painted with the colours of war.

Daijiro Kato improved today. This does not mean he will live, but his soul will continue to tell us all that tragedy is innocent…

In this moment all my pain and sorrow goes out to Kato - and I do not, in truth, have anything left to feel sorry about Suzuka

Die rijdt nooit motor meer. Jezus........ wat een bak ellende. Echt heel triest. Ik ben sprakeloos............ ;(

Edwards over Suzuka:

Well, it was a sad day. All was overshadowed by Kato's injuries. I'll tell you what I know or what I heard. As this could hopefully turn out to be false, don't quote me. The reports you have all heard are pretty much true. I saw Biaggi at the airport and he translated to me what Dr. Costa had explained to him. Biaggi had a bag in his hand and he said, "It's like having this bag filled with glass and then dropping it on the ground. The outside of the bag is still intact, but all inside is broken." So, knowing this as a racer I would have to agree with an earlier post. I would not want to wake up. My heart goes out to his wife and kids who I got to spend some time with at the 8-hour last year.
This is a very touchy subject to some, and to some it is a risk you take. I'll give you my point of view. I've now had 3 of my friends die at a motorcycle race and it only took one for me to understand the ultimate price. Larry Schwarzbach was killed back in 92' and I cried like a baby. I then understood and realized this is the ultimate price you pay for doing what you do. I fed off of that for a long time looking and watching the news. Hearing stories of family of 4 killed while driving or women killed by 18 wheeler while biking or thousands of people being killed by some F-cking idiots flying a plane into their work place. Hell you guys take more of a risk then me driving to work everyday!!! Then I realized, we all die!!!! Sooner or later!!!!! So since 92' I've kept the attitude if I was to come to an end on a race track what more could I ask? I would have died doing what I love to do. Not a stray bullet from some punk, no drunk running me over, do you get where I'm coming from? So now that I've rambled for a bit I will end this by saying Kato was a good man, great husband, and a hell of a father. It just so happened he was fast as hell on 2 wheels as well.

Heel erg dit allemaal, hopelijk komt hij er een stuk bovenop... dat hij nog van zijn kindje kan genieten.

Iemand vroeg waar de laars was gebleven, ik heb hem gevonden.

crash2.jpg

De 2e man van links met de witte helm heeft er een in zijn hand.

Edwards over Suzuka:

voor hun is het al afgelopen...

het is ook afgelopen, niemand realiseert zich het eigenlijk nog, maar kato zal niet meer van dat bed af komen. het is zo moeilijk je dat voor te stellen, je kan het niet geloven. ik ook niet terwijl ik dit typ... maar toch is het zo.

edwards heeft al afscheid genomen als ik dat zo lees, het is zeer triest maar zo nu en dan overkomt het iemand.

en net wat hij zegt, als je toch moet gaan waar beter dan op de fiets...
alleen zo jammer dat iedereen nu nog (ijdele) hoop heeft, hij had beter op slag dood kunnen zijn dan op deze manier een hele lijdensweg af te moeten lopen..

Stel dat deze valpartij door een technies makement kwam......

Freddie Spencer heeft een keer een zware klapper(1984kyalami) meegemaakt door een gebroken awiel.........van Carbon.

Ik heb wel eens proefstanden gezien voor het testen van remschijven.
Na inbouw van de schijf en blokken worden er beschermkappen over de proefstand geschoven. "tja, die carbon dingen remmen als geen ander alleen........ze willen nog wel eens breken........vandaar die dikke kappen": aldus de de test-engineer.

Ik heb wel eens proefstanden gezien voor het testen van remschijven.
Na inbouw van de schijf en blokken worden er beschermkappen over de proefstand geschoven. "tja, die carbon dingen remmen als geen ander alleen........ze willen nog wel eens breken........vandaar die dikke kappen": aldus de de test-engineer.
Da's niet juist wat die tester verteld. Die heeft dus duidelijk de klok horen luiden maar weet niet waar de klepel hangt.

De reden dat er een omscherming om de remschijf zit is vanwege de warmte. Carbon Schijven hebben namelijk een bepaalde bedrijfstemperatuur nodig. (weet niet precies maar ik dacht iets van 200ºC ofzo. Vandaar dat die kappen erom zitten. Dit is om de schijven sneller op temp. te krijgen en ze de op bedrijfstemp. te houden.

Het heeft dus nix met eventueel breken te maken.

stukje op amasuperbike.com waaruit blijkt dat er wel degelijk aan Kato wordt gedacht.

Costa: Kato May Never Leave Hospital
by dean adams
Monday, April 14, 2003

GP Dr. Claudio Costa, who is among the doctors who has treated Honda rider Daijiro Kato after his crash at Suzuka, says that it is entirely possible that Kato will never leave the hospital.

Costa commented on Kato's condition in an e-mail to AMA Superbike.com through his assistant, Claudia Cherici.

Costa was asked if it is entirely possible that even if Kato's condition improves a great deal, that he will still live in a hospital for the rest of his life. Costa replied, "There is, in fact, this strong possibility."

Costa confirmed that that Kato has damaged the spinal cord and vertebrae in the first through third vertebrae section of his neck.

Although there is always hope, spinal cord damage in the cervical (neck) region is always troubling. Many victims of this kind of injury have no sensation below the middle of their neck and many times cannot breathe on their own.

ENDS

Da's niet juist wat die tester verteld. Die heeft dus duidelijk de klok horen luiden maar weet niet waar de klepel hangt.

De reden dat er een omscherming om de remschijf zit is vanwege de warmte. Carbon Schijven hebben namelijk een bepaalde bedrijfstemperatuur nodig. (weet niet precies maar ik dacht iets van 200ºC ofzo. Vandaar dat die kappen erom zitten. Dit is om de schijven sneller op temp. te krijgen en ze de op bedrijfstemp. te houden.

Het heeft dus nix met eventueel breken te maken.

Je begrijpt me niet, of laat ik het beter zeggen, ik leg het niet goed uit.
Ik bedoel niet de kappen om de schijf zelf, maar de beschermkappen die over de proefstand worden geschoven. (maar volgens mij staat dat er ook!!!)

En ik denk dat de jongens wel weten waar ze over praten. Het zijn namelijk proefstanden in gebruik bij een Italiaanse autofabrikant met in zijn logo een stijgerend paardje........

Je begrijpt me niet, of laat ik het beter zeggen, ik leg het niet goed uit.
Ik bedoel niet de kappen om de schijf zelf, maar de beschermkappen die over de proefstand worden geschoven. (maar volgens mij staat dat er ook!!!)

En ik denk dat de jongens wel weten waar ze over praten. Het zijn namelijk proefstanden in gebruik bij een Italiaanse autofabrikant met in zijn logo een stijgerend paardje........
aha, idd misbegrepen. Ik dacht dat je die kappen om de remschijven op de motoren bedoelde en had niet in de gaten dat jij het over de proefstand had.

Ik zal kato nooit vergeten

me neither, alleen jammer dat de kranten er al overheen gaan. Omdat er niets nieuws valt te vertellen schrijven ze niets. Ach ja wat doe je eraan...

nou, dit topic in zicht houden om te beginnen!!

Wat zou de pers dan moeten schrijven? Ik kan best begrijpen dat wanneer een situatie niet veranderd je niets in de pers verneemd. Anders moeten ze waarschijnlijk bijna elke dag schrijven: "De situatie is nog steeds onveranderd"

Persoonlijk denk en vrees ik dat de vraag straks niet is of maar wanneer de stekker eruit wordt getrokken.

Wat zou de pers dan moeten schrijven? Ik kan best begrijpen dat wanneer een situatie niet veranderd je niets in de pers verneemd. Anders moeten ze waarschijnlijk bijna elke dag schrijven: "De situatie is nog steeds onveranderd"

Misschien een achtergrond over zijn leven/carriere?

Er is een filmpje door een toeschouwer gemaakt (quicktime) waarover Colin Edwards het volgende zegt:

Well, I watched the video and have come to this conclusion. It looks like he has already lost the rear and it has snapped back as he comes into the picture. Kato is clearly pointed right as you go frame by frame. If you look at Checa behind him who is going straight Kato is visibly facing right. This happens for those of you that don't understand I'll explain. Kato is exiting 130R which is a left hander. As the rear slips it compresses the suspension and rebounds back toward the inside. A few frames later you can see it has snapped back straight but the tankslapper begins and from this point you are just along for the ride.

Don't quote me on any of this, but I'm glad I got to see the video. In my mind all the speculation of what might have happened (the blame game)is out the window. All the best to Kato and his family and if they should see this video I think it will ease the pain.

Colin

Er is een filmpje door een toeschouwer gemaakt (quicktime) waarover Colin Edwards het volgende zegt:

Well, I watched the video and have come to this conclusion. It looks like he has already lost the rear and it has snapped back as he comes into the picture. Kato is clearly pointed right as you go frame by frame. If you look at Checa behind him who is going straight Kato is visibly facing right. This happens for those of you that don't understand I'll explain. Kato is exiting 130R which is a left hander. As the rear slips it compresses the suspension and rebounds back toward the inside. A few frames later you can see it has snapped back straight but the tankslapper begins and from this point you are just along for the ride.

Don't quote me on any of this, but I'm glad I got to see the video. In my mind all the speculation of what might have happened (the blame game)is out the window. All the best to Kato and his family and if they should see this video I think it will ease the pain.

Colin

zie eigenlijk weinig......(zal filmpie nog een paar keer bekijken)

jezus zeg! als je hem vertaagt afspeelt zie je dat het mis gaat... :(

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan