Marc Marquez

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Q:
Well, I would be in a lot of trouble in Spain if I didn't ask this question. Everybody wants to know what your take on Marc Marquez and his first performance as a factory rider?

Nicky Hayden:
Well, it is impressive. You don't need me to tell you that. I don't think anybody doubted that he was going to be fast, I mean the 125, Moto2, whatever. When you are fast, you are fast. I would say to be quite this quick and even so consistently quick this early it wasn't expected and for some of us riders we aren't so pumped on it.

Honestly, I think we wanted to give him a little more time, and he is going to be exciting for the sport. He rides very hard and he is very hungry. You know, if he can stay healthy, he is really going to shake things up this season. So he is been very, very impressive and very fast, which is a bit of his own style. And he could be a game-changer to MotoGP and all of road racing.

Pagina 4. De rest van het vragenuurtje is zeker de moeite waard!

Stuk van soup:

Lofzang op Marc Marquez.

Lees en huiver( voor z,n tegenstanders dan )

After three days of watching Repsol Honda MotoGP rider Marc Marquez ride, I have just one thing to say:

Believe the hype.

Marquez came to MotoGP with critics cat-calling him, suggesting that he is Dorna's favored son, the chosen one that they obliterated the rookie rule for, in doing so creating for him a place on the factory Honda squad. He was given, they said, Casey Stoner's crew and Casey Stoner's bike. This is all more or less true, but doesn't in any way give Marquez's talent its fair due.

For three days the 20 year old Marc Marquez rode in the Texas sunshine at the new Circuit of Americas. He lapped nearly all day every day. I wasn't his shadow, of course, but I never once saw Marquez utter one syllable of a complaint. He seemed genuinely enthusiastic about riding, and at the end of each day had the big eyes and wide smile of a rider who was completely in his element. Marquez liked the COTA circuit, and seemed to be a rider who relished it more the more he rode. How would the person who previously rode Marquez's motorcycle have reacted to a new circuit with F1 roots that was built without them consulting him first? Good question. Marquez displayed poise and grace that made the previous rider's behavior just seem frankly petty in comparison.

How good is Marquez? I can't quantify it at all, maybe I was drunk on sunshine and the smell of race fuel, but I left Texas really wondering if Marc Marquez isn't one of the most talented riders I've ever seen in my life. The usual questions about his future--will he win MotoGP races and the MotoGP world championship?--now just seem so much like foregone conclusions. And a part of me finds them to be accomplishments that won't fully complete a young man with that much talent.

I almost wish that there was something more he could achieve rather than just MotoGP race wins and MotoGP championships, because at times they don't seem to be achievements that will challenge the limits of his talent and capability. At COTA I saw that rare once in a half-generation rider for whom the normal boundaries are just the first braking markers for his talent. This is a rider who could win the MotoGP championship in his first try. There seems to be so much unrealized potential in Marquez.

This must have been what it was like to see American Freddie Spencer in 1981, to see in him almost limitless potential and wonder how it was going to develop, how it would change the world, which Spencer did in 1983 when he became the youngest ever 500cc world champion, then winning both the 250 and 500 world titles in 1985--a feat that was never repeated.

Almost as remarkable as his speed and obvious talent was Marquez's attitude. He seemed so bright, cheerful and appreciative, loving the racing life. He rode all day yet never complained, and at the end of each day he struck me as a kid slightly bummed out with the realization that the sun was going down and he could no longer ride. Where were the complaints about the grueling travel to another country, the Twitter rants about the time zone changes, price of gas or jet lag, snipes at the other riders, or complaints about a track that didn't completely suit him? Not Marquez. It was clear to me that he loves racing as much as you or I. He didn't complain because he found nothing to complain about.

I don't have grandchildren, but I hope one day that I will. I have a feeling that when that day comes--some years from now--maybe I'll show them a picture printed on a piece of paper or displayed on an electronic device, an image of a young Spanish rider taken in 2013. "That's Marc Marquez, one of the all time greats in racing," I might say to the tots. "I was one of the few who saw him ride for the very first time in America. It was incredible."

I wonder if it isn't advisable to make plans to see this young man on a MotoGP bike with your own eyes, be it at COTA, Laguna, Indy or anywhere else he will race in 2013?

8-)

Laatst bewerkt:
11h9zs9.gif

Mooi lettertype voor de Freddy Spencers fans. :Y
_O-

marquez, wat een eindbaas,...zo jong, zo hongerig!
hij kan drijven op zijn talent, maar als rossi m (nog) kan bijhouden (en of lorenzo) dat komt er een psychologisch spel, en dat is de enige manier dat ze m kunnen knakken.

maar wat ie in de testen heeft laten zien heeft ie er een fan bij! wat een tof joch is dit! geweldige stijl, en gewoon gaan zonder te zeiken! ik zit voor de buis in ieder geval, ben dr klaar voor...

_O-

marquez, wat een eindbaas,...zo jong, zo hongerig!
hij kan drijven op zijn talent, maar als rossi m (nog) kan bijhouden (en of lorenzo) dat komt er een psychologisch spel, en dat is de enige manier dat ze m kunnen knakken.

maar wat ie in de testen heeft laten zien heeft ie er een fan bij! wat een tof joch is dit! geweldige stijl, en gewoon gaan zonder te zeiken! ik zit voor de buis in ieder geval, ben dr klaar voor...
wij ook :}

full

hij heeft de potentie om de grootste aller tijden te worden.
maar dan moeten er nog wel een aantal dingen mee zitten, of beter gezegd niets tegen zitten.

hij heeft de potentie om de grootste aller tijden te worden.
maar dan moeten er nog wel een aantal dingen mee zitten, of beter gezegd niets tegen zitten.

Die jonge is nog jong, zal van zijn fouten leren. Maar zal zeker nog een paar keer hard op zijn bek gaan. Die jonge komt er wel :]

Ik las als Marquez in de moto2 een ongelooflijk goede training neerzette, dat het minder was in de race.
Dus in dat opzicht ben je wel te voorbarig jah :p
Maar nee, de manier waarop hij het aanpakt, wordt zeker nog een grote (grootste..?) als het goed gaat. De vergelijking met Pedrosa gaat imo wel op kwa talent. Maar het karakter is toch net wat anders lijkt me, en Pedrosa heeft het m.i. ook enkel nog niet gehaald omwille van zn karakter. (maar dat is nu gedaan, dit moet Pedrosa's jaar worden, ik voel het)

edit: schilderij is echt knap :Y

Laatst bewerkt:
[afbeelding]Van elke wereldkampioen in de MotoGP en voorheen 500 CC welke ik heb meegemaakt en live gezien heb op Assensinds 1968 maak ik een schilderij. Meestal ná het seizoen, wat denken jullie ben ik voorbarig??

vet! :9~

En mocht hij geen kampioen worden...doe effe een PM-etje...neem ik hem van je over! ;)

[afbeelding]Van elke wereldkampioen in de MotoGP en voorheen 500 CC welke ik heb meegemaakt en live gezien heb op Assensinds 1968 maak ik een schilderij. Meestal ná het seizoen, wat denken jullie ben ik voorbarig??
Weet nog wel dat je een schilderij van Rossi maakte op basis van een foto die ik genomen had, erg gaaf! :}

Beetje zuur voor Lorenzo, dit. Heeft-ie net zijn tweede kampioenschap binnen; heeft hij dé Valentino huilend naar Ducati gestuurd, heeft hij hét talent Stoner jankend naar huis gestuurd; heeft hij Pedrosa op de top van diens kunnen gewoon klop gegeven... Is er niemand die er van op of omkijkt, en zijn alle ogen gericht op Marquez.

Best vreemd hoe weinig hulde er naar Lorenzo gaat, en hoe veel mensen juist veel meer bezig zijn met alle andere coureurs aan de top. :S

vreemd vind ik het niet.. Er valt gewoon weinig van te zeggen. Hij rijdt zo constant zuiver op zo'n hoog niveau, dat er niemand een fout mag maken wanneer die over de top gaat, of lorenzo haalt de titel binnen. Alle hulde naar Lorenzo toch? maar er valt natuurlijk weinig over te zeggen.
Zet de media niet op zn kop, rijdt exact zo goed als wat je van hem verwacht, (meestal) niet meer en niet minder.
Dat zo'n jochie als Marquez nu alle aandacht krijgt, is toch normaal?

:} Wanneer kan ik hem ophalen O-) Woon nog geen 4km van je af..

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan