Phillip Island

full

en nog wat over bayllis

Troy Bayliss heeft na afloop van de 2e test op Sepang tegenover een Australisch persbureau verklaard dat hij het moeilijk vindt om zich aan de RC211V aan te passen. Bayliss had verteld dat zijn rijstijl nogal verschilde met de manier waarop de Honda was ontwikkeld, als een gevolg hiervan vindt hij het zwaar om hard met deze machine te kunnen gaan.
"Zoals de situatie nu is past deze machine bij een rijder met een soepele rijstijl," zegt Troy. "Het past meer dan wat dan ook bij een GP rijder omdat zij gewend zijn de koppeling voortdurend te gebruiken."

Bayliss was duidelijk door te laten weten dat hij er mee kapt als hij geen vriendjes met de machine kan worden: "Geen denken aan dat ik mijn hele stijl verander om met deze motor overweg te kunnen, lukt het niet op mijn manier dan geef ik het aan iemand anders, merkte de Australiër op. Na 36 jaar verander je je stijl niet zomaar even. Ik kan mezelf niet veranderen."

Ondanks Honda’s pogingen om een gebruikersvriendelijke 240 pk Moto GP machine te bouwen vertelde Bayliss dat hij problemen had ondervonden die hij met Ducati V4 nog nooit mee had gemaakt. Terwijl de 2004 Desmosedici er om bekend stond als een moeilijk rijdbare machine. "Door de koppeling en het afremmen op de motor heb ik ‘chatter’ (stuiteren/stempelen), met de Ducati kende ik dat probleem niet. Ik weet dat dit een goede motor is en ik moet zorgen dat ik dit oplos. Met de Ducati kon je veel agressiever en op het randje rijden. Ik heb geprobeerd vloeiender te rijden, maar dan ga ik langzamer."

Bayliss was tijdens de laatste test op Sepang meer dan een seconde langzamer dan met zijn 2004 Ducati die door Bridgestone’s testrijder Shinichi Itoh werd bereden. Op zijn nieuwe teamgenoot Alex Barros, die hem bekritiseerde door te zeggen dat de Australiër het te hard probeerde, moest hij 2,5 sec. toegeven. Hij oogt te agressief, zei Barros. "Misschien kan je met een Ducati op deze manier rijden, hij moet zijn rijstijl aan de Honda aanpassen. Hij probeert het te hard, ik hem gezegd om meer ‘relaxed’ te zijn."

Bayliss denkt dat hij de sleutel kan vinden om snel te zijn met de Honda en heeft al zijn hoop gevestigd op de volgende test die vanaf donderdag op Phillip Island plaatsvindt. "Op Sepang ben ik nooit echt gelukkig geweest, ik probeer daar geen schade op te lopen, misschien heb ik meer begrip op Phillip Island," zegt hij tot slot."
'( '(

En dit zegt Gauloises vandaag in hun persbericht:

Philip Island Tests

CHANGE OF SCENERY FOR ROSSI AND EDWARDS AS YAMAHA MOVES SOUTH

Gauloises Yamaha riders Valentino Rossi and Colin Edwards were happy to be out on a different track today, after three consecutive tests in Sepang since November. The riders and their team arrived in Phillip Island, Australia this week for their third three-day test of the year, coming direct from the Malaysian circuit where they finished testing last Sunday. With temperatures somewhat cooler and a sea breeze replacing the humidity of Sepang, both riders made good progress for the first day and were pleased with the performance of their new 2005-spec YZR-M1s at this track. With a total of 15 other riders from Yamaha, Honda, Ducati and Suzuki sharing the circuit, six-times World Champion Rossi, who celebrated his 26th birthday yesterday, finished the day with the second fastest unofficial lap time. The Italian, who clinched his 2004 championship title at this circuit last year, completed 82 laps of the 4.448 km circuit and set a best lap of 1’30.55. His team-mate Edwards rode 78 laps with a quickest time of 1’31.15, the eighth fastest time of the day. Rossi’s time was bettered only by last year’s Championship runner-up, Honda rider Sete Gibernau (1’30.29). Factory Honda rider Nicky Hayden and Ducati man Carlos Checa were third and fourth fastest, with times of 1’30.64 and 1’30.69 respectively.

Valentino Rossi (1’30.55, 82 laps)

“Today was not so bad. We arrived and straight away found some improvements compared to the bike we had during the October race. We’ve improved the stability and the engine is a little bit faster. We still have work to do on the settings to find a better front-end feeling, so we’ll continue to look for this over the next two days of this test and see if we can make further improvements. We also tested some Michelin tyres today and we’re confident that the bike is getting better. We’re pleased with the work we’ve done this first day.”

Colin Edwards (1’31.15, 78 laps)

“The bike felt good today. We’ve been playing around and experimenting with some settings, but the best one is probably the one we’ve already got. We weren’t really trying too much for fast lap times today, but I’m happy enough with my time. We carried on testing tyres and we’ve collected some good data to work with. It’s so good to be at a different track; it’s like a breath of fresh air!”

Davide Brivio, Gauloises Yamaha Team Director

“We’ve finally changed track and this is the first time we’ve been somewhere other than Sepang with the new bike. We’ve started well with both riders and done some good work for the first day. This afternoon it started to get a little bit windy, but the conditions have been mostly okay. It seems like we’ve got a good package and we hope to make some more progress over the next two days.”

Unofficial Lap Times:

1. Sete Gibernau (Honda) 1'30.29
2. VALENTINO ROSSI (YAMAHA) 1'30.55
3. Nicky Hayden (Honda) 1'30.64
4. Carlos Checa (Ducati) 1'30.69

9. COLIN EDWARDS (YAMAHA) 1'31.15

g_5072.jpg

Laatst bewerkt door een moderator:
Een nieuwe dag met weer een snelste

full

en nog even wat tekst.

SETE GIBERNAU CONFIRMS HIS LEADERSHIP

The Spaniard is the fastest and more consistent rider at Phillip Island.
Phillip Island, Australia, test day 2
Second day of test at Phillip Island, Australia, for the Telefonica MoviStar Honda MotoGP team.
The runner up Sete Gibernau worked today on the set up of the bike, running consistently since the beginning of the test session. During the afternoon he made a long run, improving both in lap time and consistency.
Not a very good day for his team mate, Marco Melandri, who spoiled a positive day of testing with a small crash, without consequences, at turn 6.

SETE GIBERNAU – 1’29”865, 81 laps:
“In Sepang we were not in the perfect conditions for a long run but there was not enough time to test. Here we worked on the set up of the bike, chassis and tyres and found the best combination of what we have. I lapped fast since this morning and the long run was quite good as I was lapping consistently in low 1’30”0. There are still some areas that can be improved but I’m happy because I have clear ideas and we are working in the right direction. The team is doing a great job and HRC and Michelin are helping us a lot.”

MARCO MELANDRI – 1’ 30”95 – 71 laps:
“It was not a good day, I’m sorry because I was doing well but the crash of this afternoon has spoiled today’s test session.
This morning we made some changes in the front of the bike and I had a better feeling in fact I was lapping consistently on low 1’ 31”. In the afternoon we were looking for a final confirmation of our changes and we went back to the setting of this morning. It was a mistake, the bike was more difficult to ride and I lost the front, crashing at Turn 6. It’s a pity because I lost two hours of testing. Tomorrow I want to ride more carefully, even if this means to run 8 tenths slower. If possible, I would like to do a long run in the afternoon.”

Sete Gibernau ends with great results this australian test session: “ we have concentrated in two days the work scheduled for this test session, testing all the new items. I leave Australia satisfied and look forward to next test session in Qatar” says the Spanish rider.
The test session goes on tomorrow with Marco Melandri and the other motogp riders.
UNOFFICIAL LAP TIME
1. Sete Gibernau 1’ 29” 865
2. Carlos Checa 1’29”94
3. Max Biaggi 1’29”97
4. Valentino Rossi 1’30”22
5. Nicky Hayden 1’30”43
6. Loris Capirossi 1’ 30” 53
7. Colin Edwards 1’30”60
8. Alex Barros 1’30”65
9. Marco Melandri 1’ 30”95
10. Troy Baylis 1’ 30”96
11. Rubens Xaus 1’31”59
12. Elias 1’32” 72
Phillip island
Best Pole Position : Rossi (Honda -2003) 1’30.068
Official record della pista : Loris Capirossi (Ducati - 2004) 1’31.102

Weet wel dat Biaggi deze tests alleen gebruikt om nieuwe spullen te testen hè. Dat zei hij ook, voor liefhebbers van rondetijden moet ik jullie teleurstellen, deze tests zijn alleen om nieuwe spullen te testen om de winnende machine te maken... Gibernau wil alleem kijken of de aanpassingen goede dingen hebben opgebracht, en dat doet hij om zo hard mogenlijk te rijden hier...

Echt mensen deze testen zeggen niets, ja ok 1 ding, Rossi krijgt het heeeeel zwaar volgend jaar ;)

1. Sete Gibernau 1’ 29” 865
2. Carlos Checa 1’29”94
3. Max Biaggi 1’29”97
4. Valentino Rossi 1’30”22
5. Nicky Hayden 1’30”43
6. Loris Capirossi 1’ 30” 53
7. Colin Edwards 1’30”60
8. Alex Barros 1’30”65
9. Marco Melandri 1’ 30”95
10. Troy Baylis 1’ 30”96

Als dit een voorproefje is van komend seizoen dan beantwoord ik geen telefoon tijdens de gp's. (nee ook geen deurbel) *D

Denk ook dat Rossi het moeilijker gaat krijgen als in 2004. Maar toen zei ook iedereen dat hij nooit kampioen zou worden.
Zet toch m'n geld weer op Vale.... *D

full

Ja, sorry maar ik weet dus niet waarom die zo speciaal belangrijk zijn? Kan iemand mij uitleggen waarom die belangrijker zijn dan de sepang testen en philip eiland?

ik vind het iets belangerijker omdat ze bij de irta testen echt hun best doen
zodat je echt kan zien wie er bij de top komt..

Irta testen stellen ook niks meer voor,dat is tegenwoordig een grote show (niks mis mee hoor)met grote prijzen.Het gaat er alleen nog maar om wie het snelst is vooal de laaste dag rijden ze superlicht en op qualifiers.

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan