"Silly"season 2020

Wat ik nog niet helemaal begrijp: hoe kan het dat Sandro Cortese nog zonder contract zit?

https://www.speedweek.com/sbk/news/154545/Sandro-Cortese-Ein-harter-Winter-ohne-Perspektive.html
"I'm looking for a team place for which I don't have to pay any money out of my pocket," says Sandro Cortese, who is now hoping for a contract with Pedercini Kawasaki for the 2020 Superbike World Championship.
Because Leon Camier is not yet physically fit after his shoulder surgery on December 24, the Barni team relied on the Ducati Panigale V4R for the tests in Jerez and Portimao Sandro Cortese.

Bad luck for the Swabian: The conditions in Jerez were very changeable and the route was never completely dry. And in Portimao he had to make room for Camier after lunch on the second and last day of testing in Europe, who wanted to give it a try.

Under these conditions, it was difficult for Cortese to draw attention to his driving class - the two-time champion still has no employer for 2020.

Cortese currently only has one option for the complete Superbike World Championship: At Pedercini Kawasaki. There will be further talks with team boss Lucio Pedercini this week.

"I'm looking for a team place for which I don't have to pay any money out of my pocket," the 30-year-old emphasized to SPEEDWEEK.com. «I want a salary and my expenses paid, that's the least you can ask as an employee. And ideally a good motorcycle. But to find such a combination these days is very rare. All I can do now is keep fit and wait for my chance. »

Doesn't it seem strange to you that as a two-time world champion and with 20 top 10 finishes, you can't find a team last season? "I don't understand it either, but unfortunately it's the case at the moment," Cortese said. «I had a tough winter with surgery on my shoulder. After that you are left with no perspective. I didn't have a contract, but should still be fit by mid-January if something happens. Thanks to my family and girlfriend, I coped with this situation, they stood behind me every day and said that there was a reason for everything. In such situations, it helps to think positively. If you bring negative thoughts into play then you can leave it alone. In Jerez I hadn't thought that I could drive the Barni Ducati in Portimao again. At the moment I live from day to day. »

"I also don't want anyone to get hurt," added Cortese. «But that's the way it is in sport. In addition to the Superbike World Championship, there would also be Moto2. But I have to admit that I'm very excited about the Ducati, it's an impressive motorcycle. Every MotoE team called me and I refused - because I don't want to do just four races a year. That would be my departure from motorcycle racing and I could go to work normally. I also got offers from the Endurance World Cup, but I didn't really consider it. Because it is my dream to drive Superbike World Championship. The positive thing is that I am in top shape again. Nevertheless, I go back to rehab in Ulm to continue working on this level. »

- Mehr bei SPEEDWEEK: Sandro Cortese: «Ein harter Winter ohne Perspektive»/Superbike-WM SPEEDWEEK

Dan moeten ze Fabio een beste partij geld bieden...maar dan nog, neemt die genoeg met een 2e rijder positie naast Maverick?
Want Maverick zal nummer 1 zijn denk ik?

Ik denk dat de tijd van nr1 en nr 2 verleden tijd is, tenminste bij Yamaha.
Ze hebben daar overvloed aan talent en gaan denk ik voor de max ; Wk, team wk en constructeurs titel

Had em niet verwacht... nu de vraag of Fabio genoegen neemt met een plek 2 in een team of kiest voor het grote ducati geld...

Stiekem hoop ik dat Marquez echt de GOAT titel van Rossi wil afpakken en naar Ducati gaat om daarna ook nog even een kampioenschap te winnen op een 3e merk.

(Voor iemand boos wordt, voor mijn generatie (1989) blijft Rossi natuurlijk altijd de GOAT)
Ook Maverick is een rijder die je liever bij Yamaha houdt en niet naar Suzuki wil zien vertrekken. Dan is het een geduchte tegenstander.

Marc Marquez krijgt bij Ducati natuurlijk wel een veeel makkelijker te rijden machine dan VR46.
Eigenlijk moet hij dan op de oude machine stappen om het spannend te maken. :+ :+

Wat ik nog niet helemaal begrijp: hoe kan het dat Sandro Cortese nog zonder contract zit?

https://www.speedweek.com/sbk/news/154545/Sandro-Cortese-Ein-harter-Winter-ohne-Perspektive.html
"I'm looking for a team place for which I don't have to pay any money out of my pocket," says Sandro Cortese, who is now hoping for a contract with Pedercini Kawasaki for the 2020 Superbike World Championship.
Because Leon Camier is not yet physically fit after his shoulder surgery on December 24, the Barni team relied on the Ducati Panigale V4R for the tests in Jerez and Portimao Sandro Cortese.

Bad luck for the Swabian: The conditions in Jerez were very changeable and the route was never completely dry. And in Portimao he had to make room for Camier after lunch on the second and last day of testing in Europe, who wanted to give it a try.

Under these conditions, it was difficult for Cortese to draw attention to his driving class - the two-time champion still has no employer for 2020.

Cortese currently only has one option for the complete Superbike World Championship: At Pedercini Kawasaki. There will be further talks with team boss Lucio Pedercini this week.

"I'm looking for a team place for which I don't have to pay any money out of my pocket," the 30-year-old emphasized to SPEEDWEEK.com. «I want a salary and my expenses paid, that's the least you can ask as an employee. And ideally a good motorcycle. But to find such a combination these days is very rare. All I can do now is keep fit and wait for my chance. »

Doesn't it seem strange to you that as a two-time world champion and with 20 top 10 finishes, you can't find a team last season? "I don't understand it either, but unfortunately it's the case at the moment," Cortese said. «I had a tough winter with surgery on my shoulder. After that you are left with no perspective. I didn't have a contract, but should still be fit by mid-January if something happens. Thanks to my family and girlfriend, I coped with this situation, they stood behind me every day and said that there was a reason for everything. In such situations, it helps to think positively. If you bring negative thoughts into play then you can leave it alone. In Jerez I hadn't thought that I could drive the Barni Ducati in Portimao again. At the moment I live from day to day. »

"I also don't want anyone to get hurt," added Cortese. «But that's the way it is in sport. In addition to the Superbike World Championship, there would also be Moto2. But I have to admit that I'm very excited about the Ducati, it's an impressive motorcycle. Every MotoE team called me and I refused - because I don't want to do just four races a year. That would be my departure from motorcycle racing and I could go to work normally. I also got offers from the Endurance World Cup, but I didn't really consider it. Because it is my dream to drive Superbike World Championship. The positive thing is that I am in top shape again. Nevertheless, I go back to rehab in Ulm to continue working on this level. »

- Mehr bei SPEEDWEEK: Sandro Cortese: «Ein harter Winter ohne Perspektive»/Superbike-WM SPEEDWEEK
Topteams zitten vol. Zelf geen geld meenemen, dus niet interessant voor de wat mindere teams. Misschien ook al wat oud, met zijn 30 jaar? Zijn blessure is natuurlijk ook een risico.

EPc9B46X4AEkKkq

Het staat op motogp.com, dan is het officieel. Ik denk dat dit het einde van Rossi zijn carriere als rijder betekend. Ik zie hem niet op een sattelietmotor rondjes rijden voor 10e plek..

Ik denk dat dit voor VR46 de juiste call is, hij kan nu de eerste races zonder echte druk rijden en aanvoelen hoe het zal gaan. Hij krijgt echt wel een full factory fiets als hij door wil gaan. Ik vraag me alleen af of hij dan als one man team zal acteren of dat hij in het SIC team zal instappen. Ik weet niet of er nog een extra startplek vrij is. Of dat Dorna de regels voor Vale zal verbuigen.

Blijkbaar allemaal gewoon afgesproken zodat Yamaha een toekomst beeld kan vast leggen en ze hebben rossi de garantie gegeven altijd op een fabrieksfiets te kunnen rijden ( srt dus, ik snap best dat een wilco daar niet op zit te wachten maar denk dat yamaha toch echt de baas is )

Blijkbaar allemaal gewoon afgesproken zodat Yamaha een toekomst beeld kan vast leggen en ze hebben rossi de garantie gegeven altijd op een fabrieksfiets te kunnen rijden ( srt dus, ik snap best dat een wilco daar niet op zit te wachten maar denk dat yamaha toch echt de baas is )

Ik zou niet weten waarom Wilco daar niet op zit te wachten? Wat denk je van merchandise en financiële mogelijkheden, full factory support en iemand die gewoon kan vechten in de top 5? Ik ken niet zoveel satelliet teams die dat kunnen zeggen hoor.

Omdat @gerrit1957 dat zegt en die kent m ;)
Nee, de opzet is een jong talenten team en zelfs de bedoeling om doorstroming te kunnen bieden vanaf de m3,m2 naar de gp ( met aziaten gok ik )
Daarbij denk ik / weet ik dat als rossi overkomt dat Wilco dan iig over 1 helft van de box niks meer te zeggen heeft. dus daar zal die niet helemaal op zitten te wachten.

Nee, de opzet is een jong talenten team en zelfs de bedoeling om doorstroming te kunnen bieden vanaf de m3,m2 naar de gp ( met aziaten gok ik )
Daarbij denk ik / weet ik dat als rossi overkomt dat Wilco dan iig over 1 helft van de box niks meer te zeggen heeft. dus daar zal die niet helemaal op zitten te wachten.

Duidelijk, daar zit zeker wat in.

Een handjevol afwegingen dus. De tijd zal ons leren.

Duidelijk, daar zit zeker wat in.

Een handjevol afwegingen dus. De tijd zal ons leren.
Geloof mij nou ...die komt echt niet....als Yamaha achter hem staat,.......2021 Honda motoren bij Petronas....opgelost 👍👊😜

Rossi hoeft echt niet naar Petronas. Als hij door wil wordt er gewoon iets voor hem opgezet. Als je goed luistert naar wat Lin Jarvis zegt is dat wat er gaat gebeuren.

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan