sorry i have to vent

webseth

Rookie
4 mrt 2006
den haag
first, excuse the english -- its the only way i can truely express my frustration.

ive had a motor in holland for about 8 months now, and i park it on the street. i know im taking a chance having it on the street, but whatever, its an 8 yr old gsxf and i keep it covered so its not such a big deal.

but some of the things i run into from it, the level of inconsiderateness of some people just amaze me.

to start my complaining, i want to talk about bicycles, now the way my street is laid out, theres really only one logical place for me to put my motorcycle and have it out of peoples way and still be able to see it from my window. constantly i have people parking their bikes on all sides of the motorcycle, not jsut around, but actually leaning against it! its parked next to a tree, very close not enough room for bikes. well, people still manage to butt in and put their bikes there and i KNOW theyve had to rub up against my motor to get it there. now lets say i leave for 15 mins and come back, again, filled with bikes in my spot, i have to get off the motor, move their bikes, and then park. i have a no bikes sign and everything in this spot -- and keep in mind, this isnt neigbors that are harassing me, theres an AH around the corner these assholes are going to. so they're basically invading my garden (the tree) while they are shopping.

ok, whatever, i can accept inconsiderate bicycles .. well i take that back, if i caught the people who actually leaned their bikes ON my motor, i'd throw a rock at their head. but parked around, and taking my spot while im gone, whatever (even though theres a geen fietsen plaatsen sign).

more easy complaints are assholes touching the controls, why whenever i turn it on are my high beams on, turn signals, kill switch, etc all activated? i mean people have to be doing this THROUGH the cover, or asshole enough to actually lift the cover, do it, and put the cover back. and lately, its been flooded when i try to start it, so people have been twisting the gas also. what on earth makes people think that this is acceptable behavior?

next is dogs. what the fuck is wrong with people that let their animals piss on my fucking motorcycle? what the fuck are they thinking? that this is somehow O K to piss on my vehicle? not to mention shit on all sides of it? its a minefield! and since they're pissing on my cover, i have to handle it with my fucking bare hands! -- again, rock to the head if i ever witness someone doing this. makes me want to shit on the hoods of peoples car, then smear it on the door handle so they have to touch it to get in.

so one day i go out, and theres a DOOR laying on my motorcycle. a large 2m+, solid, heavy, door. someone must have been remodeling and threw it out.. on my motorcycle. it was quite a feat to deal with on my own around all the fucking bicycles. again, what could possibly be going through someones mind when they're throwing out a door that it ends up on a motorcycle?

and on the subject of garbage, its annoying enough during the day AH shoppers take my spot when i leave , but my neighbors should know better. the other night i was gone in the evening, came home late, and there was a pile of garbage in my spot!!! (trash day was the next morning) like my neighbors havent seen my fucking motorcycle sitting there for the last 8 months, every week they've seen it, and put their trash on the OTHER side of the tree-- but tonight, oh lets put it on the side which pisses ME off. had to get off my motorcycle, move about 8 bags of trash, just so i could park. keep in mind, nobody ever put their trash there BEFORE i got the motorcycle.

now the big one that has set me over the edge to actually write this all down. i went out to the motorcycle today, and it was fucking knocked over. not like, laying flat on the ground, but someone had pushed it over against the tree. again -- how the fuck does this happen? you just see a covered motorcycle, and you tackle it against a tree?

at the end of the day this is all emotional damage, beyond a ding on the fuel tank which i ASSUME is from a bicycle handle bar (that or someone just threw a golf ball at it), the motorcycle is fine and theres no real harm. but goddamn, ive really been getting a lot of practice with my anger management breathing exercises since getting this motorcycle.

Laatst bewerkt:
Blabla blablablabla bla

- Seth
But is this only in Holland or is this all over the world!?? :? :?
Never happens to me. But maybe that's because they know what the owners looks like!! }) }) }) }) })

Planning to stay long??
Than i hope you have enough valium to calm youreself! :+

_O-

Sorry Dude but you tell it with a good dose of humor in it.

Still, sounds pretty anoying to say the least.

Ik trapte gewoon die fietsen helemaal aan stront dan leerden ze het wel af.

Gewoon ff op de spaken staan ..dat ze een bochel mogen krijgen die eikels

Seth, you should become a stand-up comedian ;)
What I don't understand, is why you still put your bike on the same spot, after all that has happened!

But is this only in Holland or is this all over the world!?? :? :?
Never happens to me. But maybe that's because they know what the owners looks like!! }) }) }) }) })

Planning to stay long??
Than i hope you have enough valium to calm youreself! :+
Let's see.. He's been here for the past eight months...Yep, I think so ;)

Too bad I can't help u with the probs.. try purchasing a Xena brake disc lock, with alarm (movement sensor). This might help. People will move the bike once, but be scared off and will nót do it again. You simply don't want the entire street looking at you.
Any other options? I don't know... electrified fence around it? :9
Think the Xena lock would help a lot.. since they are said to be really sensitive.
It'll set you back around €70 I think... but seeing your frustration, it's definitely worth it.

Hope you sort things out, good luck :)

Another "Hagenaar" :W
Never seen you around at Scheveningen?
What's the fun in sitting somewhere, having people look at your bike, when you can ride it?
Still don't see the fun in that :?

Laatst bewerkt:
Let's see.. He's been here for the past eight months...Yep, I think so ;)

Too bad I can't help u with the probs.. try buying a Xena brake disc lock, with alarm (movement sensor). This might help. People will move the bike once, but be scared off and will nót do it again. You simply don't want the entire street looking at you.
Any other options? I don't know... electrified fence around it? :9
Think the Xena lock would help a lot.. since they are said to be really sensitive.
It'll set you back around €70 I think... but seeing your frustration, it's definitely worth it.

Hope you sort things out, good luck :)
Hehehe bertrapt!! O-)
Was ook zoveel tekst om door te lezen! :Z

ok in order:

starrr:
i dont know if its just holland, in america i always had a garage.
before i get a nicer bike ill be sure to invest in a nicer apartment/house with a garder/garage also.

hawkeye:
if this was a gsxr and people were doing this to it, people would be dead and i'd be in jail. :) so im glad its just an f

nuke'm:
the snackbar is ok, though i wish there were chairs in it. and they're always grumpy with me and my foreignness, even though i do try and speak dutch to them. and since its right near my place ive always wanted to call in an order so i could pick it up with no waiting (remember, no chairs), but they get mad at me for that.
Do me a favor, you see anyone touching my shit while youre snacking, throw a rock at them. (dont hit my bike though please)

starr again:
i dont know why, the tape and the no bicycle sign doesnt help at all!!!

viccie:
yeah ive been to scheveningen lots this summer, but im not the most social guy. all the dutchness intimidates me.

pogo:
i want to get a xena, but it doesnt have a remote.. i want to be able to control it from my window in case of false alarms, or if i want to set it off when someone is breathing on it.

*breathing calmly now*

Laatst bewerkt:
when there was a bicycle leaning against my bike or something,
i would get a big chain lock and atach the bicycle to the tree with it...
then when you see the owner of the bicycle ( probably pissed off ), you will have to go to him and ask if he wants his bike back,
when he does,
you demand he will never do such a stupid thing again!!
youre problems will still be the same but its good for your inner peace :+

i hope my english is good, if not i'm sorry, but i tried :o

Few points in your story:

1. "Your" spot is the one in the picture? That's not "your" spot but everyones spot. It's public ground so they have as much right to be there as you.

2. Bicycles on your bike is not done and I would trow them on a large pile.

3. Dogs shitting and pissing on it either... would give there owners a piece of my mind. Besides, in Holland you have to clean up after your dog.

4. I would try to park it somewhere agains/to a wall so people aren't walking around it but only past it.

5. Good luck :P

Edit: Try marking the spot with yellow paint and putting up an sign no parking and underneath a sign that says: MD-88-DD uitgezonderd.

Laatst bewerkt:
pffff dat verekkte Duits , snap er geen barst van B|

foto's zijn van sceef.... dat dan wel weer

nuke'm:
the snackbar is ok, though i wish there were chairs in it. and they're always grumpy with me and my foreignness, even though i do try and speak dutch to them. and since its right near my place ive always wanted to call in an order so i could pick it up with no waiting (remember, no chairs), but they get mad at me for that.
Do me a favor, you see anyone touching my shit while youre snacking, throw a rock at them. (dont hit my bike though please)

There's no chairs there but you CAN sit!! It's just outside. I always sit on a blue motorc... Oh, never mind!
:X

all the dutchness intimidates me.

_O- _O- _O-

starrr:
i dont know if its just holland, in america i always had a garage.
before i get a nicer bike ill be sure to invest in a nicer apartment/house with a garder/garage also.
Guess you have a lot of saving to do :)
hawkeye:
if this was a gsxr and people were doing this to it, people would be dead and i'd be in jail. :) so im glad its just an f
Hahaha... then be sneaky ;)
nuke'm:
The Dutch aren't very fond of foreigners... so it's not your fault.
Will do ;) (Not that i'll ever be in that snackbar.. but, just in case.)

There's no chairs there but you CAN sit!! It's just outside. I always sit on a blue motorc... Oh, never mind!
:X
Haha... nice one *D

pogo:
i want to get a xena, but it doesnt have a remote.. i want to be able to control it from my window in case of false alarms, or if i want to set it off when someone is breathing on it.
Why? My guess is you have a job, so most of the time you're unable to control the remote anyway. And the alarm goes of for like.. 30 secs? So it's not that much of a problem. Even bettr - it scares people off, they won't place their bikes there (i guess)

Laatst bewerkt:
Seriously, you need a motorcycle alarm (with remote and "panic" button).
An extra +130dB siren is a must have.

Yes, it is an extra expense, but think of the moments you'll be laughing your head of, pressing the button if someone breaths on your bike.

Alternatively, a security camera, video the people tht come close to your bike, print out their pictures and hang them on the tree with some "warnings" what you will to do them, how and how long if they ever, ever come near your bike again :D

Could be one of the disadvantages of a bike-cover.. People don't see it anymore as a much cared-for, expensive motorcycle but as just another grey "thingy" on the sidewalk that's in their way.. Perhaps it's an idea to fit a "spyball" diskbrake-alarm, those things yelp like a quire boy each time someone touches it.

Seriously, you need a motorcycle alarm (with remote and "panic" button).
An extra +130dB siren is a must have.

Yes, it is an extra expense, but think of the moments you'll be laughing your head of, pressing the button if someone breaths on your bike.

Alternatively, a security camera, video the people tht come close to your bike, print out their pictures and hang them on the tree with some "warnings" what you will to do them, how and how long if they ever, ever come near your bike again :D
Risky, but worth the try. (Don't know what the Dutch legislation says about this.. but I think it's considered threatening ;) )

An alarm with remote is really expensive... but I don't know how much money your frustration is worth ;)
Could be one of the disadvantages of a bike-cover.. People don't see it anymore as a much cared-for, expensive motorcycle but as just another grey "thingy" on the sidewalk that's in their way.. Perhaps it's an idea to fit a "spyball" diskbrake-alarm, those things yelp like a quire boy each time someone touches it.
Sort of like the Xena locks. No remote either, right?

I would never park my bike in the middle of the street like that. Esspecially not in den haag :p Why not park it against the building you live in?

ill go and look at xena's again see if its worth it.

and really, the way my street is set up, thats the most logical place. the sidewalks are narrow and it'd be in the way and MORE people would be brushing up against it as they walk past if it was against the building. theres a lot of businesses also that i'd be blocking. i can also see this spot from my window. i just dont have a good apartment for a motorcycle.

like i said, the next place i get, motorcycle parking will be a consideration. this was an impulse buy to get me over my winter depression this year. (it worked, for what thats worth) so there wasnt a lot of planning involved.

the expensive spyball (i think it was) full alarm kit was 500 euros installed, and on a new bike that would make sense, but this one is too old to justify the expense. i guess a xena will have to do. in a month ill post an update on peoples behavior if a chirping disk brake helps. though i really wish it had a remote so i could scare those dogs.

and thanks pogo, youre oh so helpful ;)

p.s. to royr #1:

i understand its a public place, and i wouldnt mind so much if it was the neighbors, i could talk to them and we could work out an understanding (after all, theres lots of places for bikes , but this is the only reasonable spot for a motor). but these are shoppers on my front lawn, in my garden effectively. they can park in any of the bike spots without having to inconvenience me. my point is, its my house, i should get priority parking compared to AH shoppers 'just visiting'.

Laatst bewerkt:
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan