Test RCV Pedrosa, Dovisiozo en Vermeulen

Soesoeki

MF veteraan
24 apr 2002
Kweenieh
Gelezen op crash.net.

Stoelendans of gewoon effe proefzitten en rijden :?

Pedrosa, Dovizioso to test RCV.
CRASH POLLS

» Who has been the most outstanding motorsport performer this season?

» EMAIL TO A FRIEND
» FORUM COMMENTS

» PREVIOUS PAGE

ADVERTS

THURSDAY 28TH OCTOBER 2004 - PAGE 1 OF 1
AVAILABLE FOR PRINT

BUY PRINT

It has been revealed that Honda's 250 and 125cc world champions, Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso, will test the company's RC211V MotoGP machine at Valencia on Monday.

"I'm almost as excited about the test as I am about the race!" admitted Pedrosa (pictured). "It will be a new experience for me and I'm looking forward to seeing how close I am to the current MotoGP riders.

"The first thing I have to concentrate on though is the grand prix. I want to celebrate my season with a good result in the last race and that is my main focus," added the Spaniard.

Dovizioso will also get to ride an RCV at the start of a week of tests at the Spanish circuit, where Ten Kate Honda's WSBK frontrunner Chris Vermeulen is also rumoured to be given some V5 track time.

Vermeulen mag na t volgende seizoen plaats nemen op de HONDA in de MotoGP gaat t verhaal, eerst dit jaar nog ff de titel bij de superbikes binnenhalen op de blade!

Vermeulen, heeft die niet zijn schippersbokje (scaphoid) gebroken? Daar moet ie heel voorzichtig mee zijn. Zeker drie maanden in het gips.
Gary McCoy is een tijdje terug ook te snel weer gaan rijden met een scaphoid fractuur, was ie wel zuur want toe duurde het nog langer.

En nee, je kan er geen plaatjes op zetten. Ja, het kan wel maar dan duurt herstel 6 maanden.

Het schippersbotje is een botje in he hand (26 botjes in totaal) ter grootte van een kingsize pinda. De spieren van je duim waardoor je kan grijpen zitten aan dit botje. Het probleem is dat er maaar aan een kant van dit botje bloedtoevoer is, als er dus en scheur of breuk in het botje zit krijgt een kant geen bloed en sterft af. Als dat gebeurd kan je dus niet meer grijpen met je duim. Rotzooi.

World Champions Daniel Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso were rewarded by Honda for their successful seasons in the 250cc and 125cc classes with the opportunity to test the RC211V MotoGP bike at Valencia on Monday. The pair took to the track after lunch and were suitably impressed by the experience.

“It was a marvellous experience - Honda gave us a golden opportunity to test the MotoGP bike and we really enjoyed it,” said Pedrosa, who completed 59 laps with a best time of 1’35.24.

“I was really curious about the bike and I was impressed by the power it has, yet at the same time how docile a four-stroke bike is – I’d never ridden one before. I’m really happy to have been able to ride the bike because I know that it is a privilege.

”Every time I went out I felt more comfortable with the bike and I tried to adapt it more each time I came back to the garage. At the start it’s difficult to control the power; you can’t keep on the throttle all the time, it’s impossible, and I didn’t want to crash.

“It slides around more than a 250 and it’s harder to get turned into the corners because it’s heavier.

It was a really interesting test, I was really looking forward to it and it turned out to be one of the most impressive experiences of my life.

Pedrosa has been linked in the Spanish press with a move straight up to MotoGP in 2005 but insisted that his immediate future remains in the quarter-litre category. “It was a nice gift, although my plan is to stay in 250 next season,” he affirmed. “I need much more physical preparation to ride a MotoGP bike.”

Weet iemand wanneer Vermeulen de RCV211 gaat testen?????? En waar????
Misschien Jerez in januari ofzo :?
Ik schat dat Pedrosa en Vermeulen het in 2007 flink aan de stok gaan krijgen met elkaar in de MotoGP :P

"I'll test on the 22nd of November," revealed Chris during an exclusive interview with Crash.net. "At first I was supposed to test on the 1st of November, with Dani Pedrosa, but my wrist was in a cast so I couldn't do anything.

"Then Honda rang me two days ago (Nov 3rd), Carlo Fiorani the team manager, to say that he's got the test changed for me - which is a good sign, it means Honda are interested in me riding the bike," he continued.

"I'll get a day on the bike at Jerez, before Nicky Hayden and Max Biaggi ride it, so I'm pretty excited about that," he smiled. "I've never been to Jerez, but I think it's going to be a good thing to do.

"I'd like to move to MotoGP eventually, who knows what's going to happen, but we'll see..."

:)

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan