Vietnam Deel 2

With a master’s in hand, Vietnamese grandmother is the true embodiment of ‘lifelong learning’

Master 1.jpg

Pham Kim Hoang at the Van Hien University campus in Ho Chi Minh City. Photo courtesy of Van Hien University.

Having to commute 100 kilometers each way from her home in Tien Giang Province to Ho Chi Minh City, 71-year-old Pham Kim Hoang’s four-year pursuit of a master’s degree has finally culminated in the successful defense of her MBA thesis.

Switching disciplines
Enrolling in a four-year Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at Van Hien University seemed like a natural idea to Hoang, a retired Vietnamese literature teacher. How else could she fill her time in retirement and keep her mind fit and focused?

Her friends and family, however, were a bit more skeptical. Still, Hoang was not deterred.
“All retirees need to find a way to spend their time. For me, travelling to classes is a source of happiness.”

According to Hoang, old age shouldn’t force people to stay at home and avoid physical activity. Such an attitude is why she chose to sign up for an MBA program in Ho Chi Minh City that would require her to travel roughly 200 kilometers round trip by bus to attend classes.
“There were no online programs in [Vietnamese] literature, so I began looking into other disciplines and finally chose an online bachelor’s program in business administration, as it offers practical knowledge.”

After completing her bachelor’s, Hoang decided to take on the challenge of an MBA. To Hoang, the commuting is merely a small obstacle.
“Many of my classmates who lived far from the classroom still managed to show up despite having childcare duties. I think I had it much easier,’ she explained.
“Besides, I chose to do it so I had to stick it out until the end.”

For her graduation thesis, Hoang focused on the satisfaction of visitors to Dong Hoa Hiep Village, a tourism site located just 12 kilometers from her house that she only learned about after overhearing a conversation between a bus driver and another passenger.
“The fact that it’s near my house made it convenient to study, but really I just wanted to do something to help publicize the village to tourists,” she said.

Master 2.jpg

Pham Kim Hoang defends her MBA thesis at Van Hien University in Ho Chi Minh City. Photo courtesy of Van Hien University.

Hurdles and rewards
Given her literature background, Hoang felt like a fish out of water when she walked into many of the math classes required for her program.

According to Hoang, at 71 years old, her capacity to learn is not as sharp as it used to be, but her desire to learn is unmatched.

Such desire led her to rely on assistance from professors to better understand formulas, terminology, and how to use technology in her reports.
“I had to use online tutorials on how to insert photos and graphs into document, but I still couldn’t figure it out!” she said.

Elevating her technical prowess to the point where she could actually finish her thesis was a particularly challenging hurdle, but with the help of her classmates and professors, she was able to finish the document and earn a score of 7.4.

Now, with a master’s degree in hand, she is now able to provide business consultation for her children and grandchildren.

But that is not the end of her learning journey. Her next goal is to tackle the English language.
“As long as there is a will, no challenge is unsurmountable.”

Bron: With a master’s in hand, Vietnamese grandmother is the true embodiment of ‘lifelong learning’

Eén van de in Vietnam Deel 2 genoemde uitzonderingen.

Respect!

With a master’s in hand, Vietnamese grandmother is the true embodiment of ‘lifelong learning’

Bekijk bijlage 1640206
Pham Kim Hoang at the Van Hien University campus in Ho Chi Minh City. Photo courtesy of Van Hien University.

Having to commute 100 kilometers each way from her home in Tien Giang Province to Ho Chi Minh City, 71-year-old Pham Kim Hoang’s four-year pursuit of a master’s degree has finally culminated in the successful defense of her MBA thesis.

Switching disciplines
Enrolling in a four-year Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at Van Hien University seemed like a natural idea to Hoang, a retired Vietnamese literature teacher. How else could she fill her time in retirement and keep her mind fit and focused?

Her friends and family, however, were a bit more skeptical. Still, Hoang was not deterred.
“All retirees need to find a way to spend their time. For me, travelling to classes is a source of happiness.”

According to Hoang, old age shouldn’t force people to stay at home and avoid physical activity. Such an attitude is why she chose to sign up for an MBA program in Ho Chi Minh City that would require her to travel roughly 200 kilometers round trip by bus to attend classes.
“There were no online programs in [Vietnamese] literature, so I began looking into other disciplines and finally chose an online bachelor’s program in business administration, as it offers practical knowledge.”

After completing her bachelor’s, Hoang decided to take on the challenge of an MBA. To Hoang, the commuting is merely a small obstacle.
“Many of my classmates who lived far from the classroom still managed to show up despite having childcare duties. I think I had it much easier,’ she explained.
“Besides, I chose to do it so I had to stick it out until the end.”

For her graduation thesis, Hoang focused on the satisfaction of visitors to Dong Hoa Hiep Village, a tourism site located just 12 kilometers from her house that she only learned about after overhearing a conversation between a bus driver and another passenger.
“The fact that it’s near my house made it convenient to study, but really I just wanted to do something to help publicize the village to tourists,” she said.

Bekijk bijlage 1640207
Pham Kim Hoang defends her MBA thesis at Van Hien University in Ho Chi Minh City. Photo courtesy of Van Hien University.

Hurdles and rewards
Given her literature background, Hoang felt like a fish out of water when she walked into many of the math classes required for her program.

According to Hoang, at 71 years old, her capacity to learn is not as sharp as it used to be, but her desire to learn is unmatched.

Such desire led her to rely on assistance from professors to better understand formulas, terminology, and how to use technology in her reports.
“I had to use online tutorials on how to insert photos and graphs into document, but I still couldn’t figure it out!” she said.

Elevating her technical prowess to the point where she could actually finish her thesis was a particularly challenging hurdle, but with the help of her classmates and professors, she was able to finish the document and earn a score of 7.4.

Now, with a master’s degree in hand, she is now able to provide business consultation for her children and grandchildren.

But that is not the end of her learning journey. Her next goal is to tackle the English language.
“As long as there is a will, no challenge is unsurmountable.”

Bron: With a master’s in hand, Vietnamese grandmother is the true embodiment of ‘lifelong learning’

Eén van de in Vietnam Deel 2 genoemde uitzonderingen.

Respect!
Zeer knap wat deze dame heeft gepresteerd, maar de drijfveer is natuurlijk weer gebaseerd op de gebruikelijke materialistische waarden, en uiteindelijk het daaraan gekoppelde aanzien. Dit is natuurlijk niet gek of onredelijk, want geinstitutionaliseerde empathie buiten de familie, of basisrespect voor het individu is ver te zoeken in zo'n rudimentaire klasse-maatschappij, met een ontwikkeling die puur gefocust is op kapitalisme en technologie. En dat bedoel ik met het totaalomvattende modelletje wat niet/nauwelijks aanwezig of in ontwikkeling is. Met de toenemende rijkdom en automatisch afnemende familiewaarden gaan al dit soort landen sociaal gezien aan de crack. Een gebrek aan toekomstvisie naar mijn mening.

Laatst bewerkt:
Ja Fred, wanneer kunnen we jouw Masters Degree Vietnam Studies verwachten? Zo onderhand al aardig wat artikelen gepubliceerd, moet toch niet zo'n probleem zijn lijkt me.

;-)

Tja, kweenie.

Sinds ik weet, dat je die dingen gewoon in de winkel kunt kopen, complete met geen-plagiaat-garantie, lijkt het mij een steeds nuttelozer tijdsbesteding. Al helemaal, omdat mijn aanzien?? er denkelijk niets door zal veranderen.

Dat kopen is trouwens één van de redenen, waarom ik al jaren roep, dat ik binnen een jaar een officiële PhD kan hebben. Moet wel mijn pensioen fors opgekrikt worden.

Maar ik probeer nog wel af en toe wat aan mijn terras-en-Dalatwijn-boek te werken. O-)

Laatst bewerkt:
Kwak, kwaaak, kwaaaaak…

Tijdens een fotofietstochtje kwam ik deze kudde tegen. Eerst maar een foto op een afstandje, dan blijven ze tenminste zitten.

Kwaak 1.jpg

Vervolgens geprobeerd om heel langzaam en heel voorzichtig dichterbij te komen en om de twee passen een foto maken. Hierna een selectie daaruit.

Het lijkt erop dat ze een soort van minimale afstand hebben, die ze blijven handhaven. Op de volgende foto is te zien dat de voorste proberen om een stukje bij me vandaan te lopen. De rest zit op grotere afstand en blijft dus rustig zitten.

Kwaak 2.jpg

Weer iets dichterbij en meer eenden proberen luid snaterend de minimale afstand te bewaren.

Eigenlijk had ik de herrie van de voorste beesten moeten filmen maar ik moet bekennen dat ik de filmstand van mijn camera geloof ik pas één keer tijdens het inleren heb geprobeerd.

Kwaak 3.jpg

Uiteindelijk was dit de groep die een stukje verder wilde. De rest bleef gewoon zitten waar ze zaten. Hier ben ik gestopt met opnames en een volgend onderwerp gaan zoeken.

Kwaak 4.jpg

Vietnamese consume more meat, beer despite falling incomes

Beer 1.jpg

Customers buy meat in a supermarket in District 9, HCMC. Photo by VnExpress/Quynh Tran.

Although incomes have fallen because of the pandemic, a survey has found living standard improvements with Vietnamese people consuming less rice but more beer and meat.

The GSO estimates per capita monthly income fell 2 percent from the previous year to VND4.2 million ($182), because of the Covid-19 pandemic, according to the 2020 living standards survey conducted among 47,000 households nationwide by the General Statistic Office (GSO).

The survey found that per capita monthly rice consumption declined from 9.7 kilograms in 2010 to 7.6 kilograms last year.

On the other hand, per capita meat consumption rose from 1.8 kilograms per month in 2010 to 2.3 kilograms last year. Per capita beer and alcohol consumption reached 1.3 liters per month last year from 0.9 liters in 2018.

The GSO reported that there were significant wealth discrepancies between urban and rural areas. The per capita monthly income in urban areas last year was VND5.5 million, 1.6 times higher than that in rural areas.

A HCMC-based economist told VnExpress that farmers should reduce the rice farming and shift to produce with higher returns in order to increase per capita income in rural areas.

Vietnam targets an annual per capita income of $5,000 by 2025.

Bron: Vietnamese consume more meat, beer despite falling incomes - VnExpress International

Ken je prioriteiten. O-)

Laatst bewerkt:
Picture-perfect: Vietnamese cuisine takes home top prizes at international food photo contest

Cuisine 1.jpg

'Breakfast at Weekly Market' shows locals in a mountainous area of northern Vietnam enjoying 'pho' for breakfast at a local weekly market. The photo won the 'Food at Table' category at Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year 2021. Photo: Nguyen Huu Thong

Judges at the Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year photo contest, an annual event sponsored by UK-based The Food Awards Company, has selected several submissions by Vietnamese photographers to take home top prizes in the 2021 iteration of the event.

The contest – launched in 2011 to “celebrate the very best in food photography and film from around the world” – accepts photo and video submissions of foods for its various categories, including photographs of food styled for magazines, as well as family themed, food production, and even food in politics categories.

With the competition now in its 10th year, judges sifted through almost 10,500 entries from more than 70 countries before announcing the winners online during a live-streamed event on April 28.

Cuisine 2.jpg

‘Taste’ shows a young family preparing food in their home in Lichang, Shanxi, China. This photo won the Grand prize at Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year 2021. Photo: Li Huaifeng

Chinese photographer Li Huaifeng took home the grand prize with her submission, titled ‘Taste,' depicting a young family preparing food in their home in Lichang, Shanxi.

Cuisine 3.jpg

'Enjoying' depicts a street vendor selling che (sweet soup) and tao pho (soya bean curd) in Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam. The photo won the 'Street Food' category at Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year 2021. Photo: Tran Viet Van.

Meanwhile, Vietnamese lensman Tran Van Viet triumphed in the 'Street Food' category with his submission 'Enjoying' – a magnificent shot of a street vendor selling che (sweet soup) and tao pho (soya bean curd) in Hoi An City.
“[Hoi An City is] an old town and popular tourist destination in central Vietnam where there are many sweet soup sellers," Viet said.
"Watching these four young girls passionately eating soup made me feel that life is beautiful despite the ongoing pandemic."

Thong Nguyen, another Vietnamese photographer, was awarded first prize in the 'Food at the Table' category with his photo 'Breakfast at Weekly Market,' which depicts locals in a mountainous area of northern Vietnam enjoying pho for breakfast at a local weekly market.

Cuisine 4.jpg

'Feeding the Ducks' shows a farmer feeding a flock of ducks in Vietnam. This photo won second prize in the 'Food in the Field' category at Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year 2021. Photo: Nguyen Phuoc Hoai

A photo named 'Feeding the Ducks,' snapped by Vietnamese photographer Nguyen Phuoc Hoai, won second prize in the 'Food in the Field' category.

Other works by Vietnamese candidates made a shortlist highlighted in a gallery on the contest’s official website.

This year, the finalists' images will be exhibited at The Royal Photographic Society in Bristol as part of a free exhibition set to run from November 20 to December 12.

Cuisine 5.jpg

'Winter Breakfast' shows locals in a mountainous area of northern Vietnam enjoying breakfast at home. This photo is part of the commended gallery at Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year 2021. Photo: Nguyen Huu Thong.

Cuisine 6.jpg

'Lychee Season' shows a Vietnamese woman arranging lychees in a basket after a harvest. This photo is part of the commended gallery at Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year 2021. Photo: Nguyen Huu Thong.

Cuisine 7.jpg

'Fishing Net' shows fish harvesting in Vietnam. This photo is part of the commended gallery at Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year 2021. Photo: Nguyen Phuoc Hoai.

Bron: Picture-perfect: Vietnamese cuisine takes home top prizes at international food photo contest

COVID-19

In één provincie is de smartphone nu verplicht. Online health declaration when entering, exiting southern Vietnamese province becomes mandatory

En als altijd de briljante uitvoering:
“In addition, all people traveling through the province must bring along a smartphone that is installed with such applications as NCOVI and Bluezone or able to access to websites for online health declaration.
The provincial authorities did not mention in their announcement on Friday how they will handle those who fail to perform online health declaration.”

Zullen ze het ooit leren? Ik heb mijn grote twijfels.

Ho Chi Minh City to get rid of plastic bags in supermarkets in 2021: master plan

Bag 1.jpg

Residents bring paper recycling to barter for trees in an eco-friendly fair in Ho Chi Minh City. Photo: Duyen Phan / Tuoi Tre

A ban on plastic bag use in supermarkets and shopping malls is one of the key objectives in Ho Chi Minh City’s 2021 master plan for reusing, recycling, handling, and reducing plastic waste.

The plan aims to phase out single-use plastic bags and introduce eco-friendly materials as alternatives in all supermarkets and shopping centers of the city by the end of the year.

According to the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Natural Resources and Environment, the master plan would only work if monitoring of plastic waste at the source is heightened. Considering this, the city authority requires all government offices to restrict the use of plastic packages, before completely eliminating them, in daily activities. Public facilities, including schools, hospitals, and clinics, should also phase out single-use plastics from all daily operations.

The plan also looks to tackle plastic use in domestic life, more specifically the amount of plastic waste in circulation at shopping centers and marketplaces.

It is essential that traders in markets and malls replace plastic bags with eco-friendly alternatives, while customers should pick up the habit of bringing their own containers. The city aims to eliminate all plastic bags in supermarkets and shopping centers, plus 50 percent of non-biodegradable bags in traditional markets, by the end of 2021, before cutting plastic packaging down to the minimum by 2030.

The environment department also pointed to tourism, marine economy, fisheries and sea resource extraction as other notable sources of plastic discharges, which could only be dealt with if dischargers are required to collect and transfer the waste over to authorities for recycling and handling.

Promotion is key
Various campaigns promoting eco-friendly materials and choices to reduce plastic waste in 2020 have already enkindled positive behavioral shifts among dwellers of Vietnam’s southern metropolis.

Pham Ba, a resident of Binh Thanh District, was delighted to receive a biodegradable bag after shopping at the convenience store FamilyMart, as he knew the bag would disintegrate and not become a burden on the planet.

At the same time, public and private offices are on board with the plastic elimination movement, many of which are ditching plastic water bottles for traditional cups and water jugs.

Ho Chi Minh City already initiated various programs to clear out waste in the communities, empty lots, rivers, and canals.

This year, the city will proceed with its ‘reduce-reuse-recycle’ motto to advocate for plastic waste reduction, with more training sessions and promotional campaigns on the harmful effects of single-use plastics on the environment and people.

The municipal Department of Natural Resources and Environment is planning to work with plastic packaging manufacturers, swaying them into producing more eco-friendly products and distributing them to the market.

Bron: Ho Chi Minh City to get rid of plastic bags in supermarkets in 2021: master plan

En nog een masterplan voor 2021. Eind van het jaar dus geen karaoke en plastic tassen meer. GEWELDIG!!! *O*

Begrijp me niet verkeerd: dit is hier heel hard nodig. Bij aankoop wordt alles in plastic tassen en zakjes verpakt, tot eten en soep toe. Een vermindering zou heel goed voor het milieu zijn. Maar, ehhh… masterplan?
Plan?

Hoewel, milieu, wat is dat nu eigenlijk weer? Kennen we dat hier? O-)

(On)duidelijk (1)

Onder de titel “Onduidelijk” vroeg ik me in Vietnam Deel 2 af wat het moest gaan worden.

Welnu, het lijkt op dit moment “wat duidelijker”. D.w.z., mijn gedachten gaan voorlopig uit naar een brug / viaduct. Maar omdat ik geen weg- en waterbouwkundige ben roeptoeter ik dit ook onder het grootst mogelijke voorbehoud. Ik heb er hier vaker kilometers naast gezeten.

Duidelijk 1.jpg

Duidelijk 2.jpg

Ik heb bv. al eerder foto’s van een soort aquaduct geplaatst. Een grote koker waar water doorheen stroomt en bovenop fietsen en motoren kunnen rijden. Zie Vietnam Deel 2 Dus je weet nooit hier.

Duidelijk 3.jpg

Links is de huidige brug te zien, die gebouwd is nadat de vorige brug was weggespoeld.

Duidelijk 4.jpg

(On)duidelijk (2)

De breedte is ook zo iets. Mijn inschatting is dat, als er een auto overheen rijdt, er geen ruimte is voor (motor)fietsen. Kan hier, waar je regelmatig geen millimeter ruimte krijgt, voor vermakelijke taferelen gaan zorgen. Hopelijk staat het water hoog genoeg, als er iemand over de reling gaat. Hoewel, de meesten kunnen ook niet zwemmen. O-)

Duidelijk 5.jpg

Duidelijk 6.jpg

De reden, waarom ik het nog steeds onduidelijk vind is de volgende foto. Mijn weg-en-waterbouw-lekenverstand vindt de oude brug er eigenlijk best stevig uit zien. Eerlijk gezegd beter dan de paar dunne pilaartjes, waar het nieuwe viaduct op rust.

Zijn er lezers, die hier iets vaktechnisch inhoudelijks over kunnen zeggen? Ik leer graag wat (en heb ook graag wat argumenten achter de hand voor het geval dat... O-) ).

Duidelijk 7.jpg

De vangst van deze visser was in ieder geval uiterst schamel. Te klein om een foto van te maken: ik had geen macrolens bij me. :+

Duidelijk 8.jpg

Het enige wat ik kan verzinnen, ook zeker geen expert;
-De gaten in de oude zijn te klein om bij stortvloed het water aan te kunnen
-Wellicht willen ze dieren nu de gelegenheid geven om onder te steken.
-Gaan ze de oude brug weghalen en tillen ze de nieuwe op de oude plek?, Wellicht als extra brug, tevens dienst doende als passeerstrook?

Betekend wel dat je het komende jaar nog niet mag (r)emigreren, anders krijgen we het nooit te weten... ;-)

De gaten…
Dit is de nieuwe brug nadat de oude is weggespoeld. De oude leek op een “losse betonnen plaat”. Zie Vietnam Deel 2 Deze nieuwe lijkt me toch een stuk steviger. Hoewel water natuurlijk een enorme kracht kan hebben.

Dieren
Die zijn hier alleen geschikt om op te eten, niet om het ze gemakkelijk te maken.

Weghalen.
Geen flauw idee. We houden het in de gaten. Want…

…de vrachttarieven zijn sinds najaar 2020 5-8 keer zo hoog geworden. Hetgeen betekent dat ik nog even door moet sparen.

Hoewel...

Former Khanh Hoa chairmen arrested over land management violations

Land 1.jpg

Nguyen Chien Thang (R) and Le Duc Vinh, former chairmen of Khanh Hoa Province. Photos by VnExpress/Thanh Nguyen, Xuan Ngoc.

Two former chairmen of the central Khanh Hoa Province are under investigation for wrongdoings in handing over land plots to businesses.

Khanh Hoa police on Tuesday evening arrested Nguyen Chien Thang, 66, who was the province's chairman for the 2011-2016 term and Le Duc Vinh, 56, who held the position of former deputy Party chief of Khanh Hoa in 2015-2020 and provincial chairman from 2016 to 2021.

They also detained Le Mong Diep, former director of Khanh Hoa Department of Natural Resources and Environment. The three will be investigated for violating land management regulations under the Penal Code.

According to the police, the three are involved in violations in transferring land plots to build two projects, which are Cuu Long Son Tu spiritual-eco tourism site and Vinh Trung villa project, on areas of Chin Khuc Moutain near the beach town of Nha Trang.

Their specific violations and losses incurred to the state budget have yet to be revealed but investigators said those projects have contributed to deforestation on the mountain which resulted in landslides.

The arrests have been made one month after Khanh Hoa police looked into a case in which a land plot of more than 20,000 square meters in downtown Nha Trang had been handed over to businesses without following land management rules.

In this case, Thang’s involvement is being verified.

Last November, government inspectors had pointed out a series of violations made by Khanh Hoa authorities in transferring land at prime locations to businesses between 2010 and 2017.

They also found that in December 2019, top officials in the province had signed a number of documents to give green lights for projects that have been concluded as "seriously violating regulations of the Party and the state."

Related to such violations, Dao Cong Thien, 59, former deputy chairman of Khanh Hoa and Vo Tan Thai, 60, former director of the Department of Natural Resources and the Environment,
had been arrested in May.

Bron: Former Khanh Hoa chairmen arrested over land management violations - VnExpress International

Dit is dus in mijn provincie.

Ik wil er twee zinnen uitlichten:
“…which are Cuu Long Son Tu spiritual-eco tourism site…”
“…those projects have contributed to deforestation on the mountain which resulted in landslides.”

Jawel, ontbossing voor ecotoerisme.
Je verzint het zelf niet.

Ze zullen waarschijnlijk gedacht hebben dat eco voor economisch stond: “met een minimum aan inspanning een maximum aan rendement verkrijgen”. Zo heb ik het althans vroeger geleerd. Vermoedelijk gelden hier iets andere definities. Ah, zou dat nu socialistische economie zijn? O-)

Het verzinnen van een naam voor de twee is aanmerkelijk eenvoudiger. O-)

Woman seriously injured in road crash while pursuing phone snatcher in Ho Chi Minh City

Phone 1.jpg

Doctors perform a surgery on a patient at Cho Ray Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City in this supplied photo.

A woman was badly injured in a road accident as she tried to chase after a phone snatcher on her motorbike in Ho Chi Minh City on the weekend.

The incident took place in Hoc Mon District on Sunday morning, officers confirmed on Monday.

N.T.D.M. was carrying T.T.T. on a motorbike along a street when the two women were approached by a man on his motorcycle. The man snatched M.’s phone before speeding away.

M. screamed for help as she chased after the robber, but her motorbike later collided with an automobile traveling in the opposite direction. Both M. and T. fell off the vehicle and were admitted to Cho Ray Hospital for emergency treatment.

T. suffered a minor injury and was discharged later the same day, according to hospital doctors. Meanwhile, M. suffered a broken right thigh bone, a fracture on her radial bone, a broken left foot, and a wound on her left thigh. Although the patient is now in stable conditions, she is expected to undergo a surgery in the coming days.

Police in Hoc Mon District have launched an investigation to hunt for the phone snatcher.

Bron: Woman seriously injured in road crash while pursuing phone snatcher in Ho Chi Minh City

Tijd dat ze die krengen hier in het verkeer ook gaan verbieden. Er wordt meer naar de smartphone gekeken dan naar het andere wegverkeer.

De laatste zin maakt me dan wel weer mateloos nieuwsgierig. Hoe wordt zoiets aangepakt?
Camerabeelden bekijken?
Getuigen oproepen?
Motorrijders aanhouden of ze iets hebben gezien?
Rondrijden met de gegevens van de getuigenverklaring?
“Jawel meneer de agent, hij zat op een motor, had een helm op en droeg een mondkapje en een zonnebril. Volgens mij was de motorfiets een Honda of een Yamaha. Jullie pakken die onverlaat toch wel, hoop ik?”

In werkelijkheid zal er ongetwijfeld op het bureau iemand naar buiten hebben gekeken,
Phone 2.jpg

het hoofd geschud en iets hebben gemompeld als: “niet gevonden”.

Volstrekt logisch.

Wat mij betreft had er ook zoiets in het artikel gestaan. Al zal dat niemand tegenhouden om op de motor te blijven bellen en whatsappen.

Morgen een hilarisch soort van vervolg. :+

HELIOS

Bij het zoeken naar de bron van de 1½ boete per week vond ik dit artikel.
Karaoke parties: When leisure becomes torture
Hier worden de hoeveelheid boetes en het bedrag genoemd. Eigenlijk peanuts.

Wat ik al vaker heb opgemerkt: nergens ben ik ooit iets over gehoorschade tegengekomen. Terwijl ik in huis tot 110 dB piek heb gemeten. Is kans op directe gehoorschade. Over de idioten, die op 5 meter van de geluidsbox zaten hebben we het dan maar niet. Maar het is dan natuurlijk niet vreemd dat pratende mensen op een terras op 50-100 meter al verstaanbaar zijn.

Uit bovenstaand artikel iemand, die ongetwijfeld ook geteisterd wordt:
“Lawyer Truong Thanh Duc from ANVI Law Firm proposes banning activities creating loud noise, including rowdy karaoke singing, in residential areas. In addition, the fine imposed on these activities should be increased 10 times the current level to VND 1-3 million and those who repeat their violations should be subject to more severe penalties and confiscation of noise-generating equipment and devices.”

Gezien de oorverdovende stilte op het karaoke-front –de media uiteraard, niet de aso’s- zal dit wel wishful thinking blijven.

There’s no traffic jam in Ho Chi Minh City: transport dept director

So you think you know how to define traffic congestion? The head of the transport department in Ho Chi Minh City may make you doubt your knowledge.

Jam 1.jpg

While traffic congestion and gridlock are not uncommon in the crowded city, the municipal Department of Transport has asserted that there was no traffic jam that lasted for more than 30 minutes occurring in the first three quarters of 2015.

“There were only 18 cases of ‘heavy traffic’ in the first nine months of this year,” the department director Bui Xuan Cuong underlined at a press meeting on Tuesday.

Cuong went on to explain that a traffic jam is defined as a situation lasting for over 30 minutes in which “vehicles are at a complete standstill and unable to move at all during that period of time.”

With vehicles still moving forward, albeit very slowly, during what people normally call “traffic jams,” such situations are only seen as “heavy traffic” because riders are after all still able to move, the department head added.

The transport department thus proudly said in a report to recap the traffic situation in Ho Chi Minh City in the first nine months of the year that there was no congestion or gridlock, but only “heavy traffic,” in the city, which ignited a wave of online criticism against Cuong.

Jam 2.jpg

People are still able to move, so this is not a traffic jam. Photo: Tuoi Tre

With the new definition, people will no longer be able to blame traffic jams for their being late for work.

It took Pham Thi Khuyen 30 minutes to go from the Hang Xanh Roundabout to the Binh Trieu Bridge the other day, instead of five minutes as usual, but it would be wrong to say she was caught in a traffic jam as defined by the transport department.
“I was indeed able to move forward amid the sea of vehicles, but by only a few inches each time,” she mockingly said.
“So what else would I call it other than congestion?”

Jam 3.jpg

There were in fact many hours-long traffic jams occurring in Ho Chi Minh City this year.

On January 16, vehicles were stuck from 1:00 am to 1:00 pm near the RMK Intersection in Thu Duc District, as trailer trucks rushed to enter the Cat Lai Port.

On May 8, another gridlock because of the same reason happened near the Binh Thai Intersection in District 9, with vehicles coming to a standstill from 6:00 am to 10:00 am.

Traffic jams could cause damage of VND14 trillion (US$625 million) for the southern economic hub on an annual basis, according to a research conducted by the Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology in 2007.

Dr. Nguyen Minh Hoa, dean of the Faculty of Urban Studies at the Ho Chi Minh City University of Social Sciences and Humanities, revealed another estimated damage, some VND23 trillion ($1.2 billion), at a conference in September last year.

Bron: There’s no traffic jam in Ho Chi Minh City: transport dept director

Moest ik gisteren al glimlachen om de laatste zin, bij het lezen van dit artikel gleed ik ongeveer onder mijn bureau van het lachen. Het is wel uit 2015 maar nog steeds actueel.

Waarschijnlijk is de tijdsspanne van deze briljante regelgeving inmiddels verhoogd tot 60 minuten.

Zie met name de tweede foto voor het cynische onderschrift en het gebruik van het trottoir.

Dit artikel is dan ook niet van één van de twee bekende sites.

Tsja, als de regels zeggen dat stilstaan congestie is, dan is 1 mm per x-periode dus geen congestie, daar kan die arme directeur niets aan doen, die volgt gewoon de (eigen?) regels, zoals het zou moeten. Wil je het anders, dan zal je de definitie moeten aanpassen. Dat mensen hier zelf een emotionele lading aan geven... ;-) Ligt ook een beetje in het verlengde van collega's op het werk die elke dag in dezelfde file staan en dus te laat komen met als opmerking 'sorrie, stond in de file".... Nee lul, dat heet reistijd, .. vaak ook dezelfde collega's die dan eerder naar huis gaan "omdat het wel druk op de weg zal zijn".... Ja, dan WEL eerder weggaan..??

Celebs opt for knitwear to beat scorching summer heat

Clingy knitted garments are becoming popular among Vietnamese celebrities, who like to show a bit of skin without being too risqué.

Knit 1.jpg

Model Chau Bui wears a set of knitted outfits comprising a bra, skirt and jacket.

The knitwear trend, which started in the 1970s, has recently come back to the global ramp. In summer these garments are designed to be breathable. Photo courtesy of Chau Bui.

Knit 2.jpg

Singer Ho Ngoc Ha in a knitted bra. Summertime knits can be worn for a night out, at home or as elevated loungewear, making them the perfect seasonal staple. Photo courtesy of Ho Ngoc Ha.

Knit 3.jpg

Model Jolie Phuong Trinh in a knitted bra and skirt. Photo courtesy of Jolie Phuong Trinh

Knit 4.jpg

Singer Minh Hang opts for a knitted dress with leather boots, helping her highlight the red Chanel bag. Photo courtesy of Minh Hang

Knit 5.jpg

Model Phi Phuong Anh in a knitted bra and skirt. Since 2020 the exposed bra has trending, and knitted bralettes have the added bonus of being a touch sensual. Photo courtesy of Phi Phuong Anh.

Knit 6.jpg

Model Thanh Hang in a knitted top that shows a little bit of skin. Photo courtesy of Thanh Hang

Celebs opt for knitwear to beat scorching summer heat - VnExpress International

Nu nog een motorpak… :+

@Badgast
Natuurlijk klinkt het goed als je door een specifieke definiëring kunt zeggen dat er nauwelijks verkeeropstoppingen zijn, maar alleen verkeersdrukte.

Maar mijn punt is, dat dit het zoveelste voorbeeld is van de ongelofelijke desinteresse in het eigen werk, dat men vervolgens door een enorm geleuter recht probeert te lullen.
Over de scheve lamp: “hij hangt toch?”
Over onze schots en scheve buitenmuur: “hij staat toch?”.
Over de verkeersdrukte: “je rijdt toch?”
Over de pestherrie: “het is in hun eigen huis”.
Over de agent bij de vechtend taxi-chauffeur: “ik probeer hulp te krijgen”.
Etc., etc., etc...

Degene, die deze 30-minuten-regel heeft gemaakt (als het al een (officiële) regel is), is natuurlijk ook niet één van de slimste. Zelfs een kind snapt dat je als “slachtoffer” over een dergelijke stompzinnige definitie valt, of je stilstaat of een klein beetje beweegt.

Ha, dus jullie hebben ook lijnen in de gang om te zorgen dat degenen, die later komen, niet botsen met degenen, die vroeger weggaan? (Oud melig ambtenarenmopje).

Celebs opt for knitwear to beat scorching summer heat

Clingy knitted garments are becoming popular among Vietnamese celebrities, who like to show a bit of skin without being too risqué.

Bekijk bijlage 1643845
Model Chau Bui wears a set of knitted outfits comprising a bra, skirt and jacket.

The knitwear trend, which started in the 1970s, has recently come back to the global ramp. In summer these garments are designed to be breathable. Photo courtesy of Chau Bui.

Bekijk bijlage 1643846
Singer Ho Ngoc Ha in a knitted bra. Summertime knits can be worn for a night out, at home or as elevated loungewear, making them the perfect seasonal staple. Photo courtesy of Ho Ngoc Ha.

Bekijk bijlage 1643847
Model Jolie Phuong Trinh in a knitted bra and skirt. Photo courtesy of Jolie Phuong Trinh

Bekijk bijlage 1643848
Singer Minh Hang opts for a knitted dress with leather boots, helping her highlight the red Chanel bag. Photo courtesy of Minh Hang

Bekijk bijlage 1643849
Model Phi Phuong Anh in a knitted bra and skirt. Since 2020 the exposed bra has trending, and knitted bralettes have the added bonus of being a touch sensual. Photo courtesy of Phi Phuong Anh.

Bekijk bijlage 1643850
Model Thanh Hang in a knitted top that shows a little bit of skin. Photo courtesy of Thanh Hang

Celebs opt for knitwear to beat scorching summer heat - VnExpress International

Nu nog een motorpak… :+
Sexy.

Ik heb zelf een asiatische vriend (vader en moeders uit Indonesie), ik herken de werkwijze/gedachtengang wel... ;-)...
Hij zit (gelukkig) in de ICT en niet in de bouwkunde...

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan