Vietnam Deel 2

The Vietnam War

De afgelopen weken heb ik de gehele serie bekeken: 10 delen van ca. 2 uur/deel. Eén deel per avond is wel voldoende.

Veel zaken die mij bekend waren: ik zat ten tijde van de Vietnam-oorlog in militaire dienst.
Veel meer zaken, die mij niet bekend waren of uit het geheugen waren verdwenen.

GreenMeanie heeft volledig gelijk in Vietnam Deel 2 In feite vielen voor mij tijdens de film al diverse puzzelstukjes op zijn plaats. Mee-puzzelen? Terras en (veel, heel veel) Dalatwijn.

Laten we dit voor nu maar afsluiten met één van mijn favoriete Vietnam-nummers uit die tijd (het zit ook ergens in de film, maar dan zonder de Woodstock-intro O-)):
GIVE ME A F
GIVE ME A U
GIVE ME A C
GIVE ME A K
GIVE ME

De meer “party”-versie is:

En voor de interessante achtergronden van de intro en de song: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_"Fish"_Cheer/I-Feel-Like-I%27m-Fixin%27-to-Die_Rag

I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-To-Die Rag
Country Joe McDonald
Come on all of you big strong men
Uncle Sam needs your help again
He's got himself in a terrible jam
Way down yonder in Viet Nam so
Put down your books and pick up a gun we're
Gonna have a whole lotta fun

And it's one, two, three, what are we fighting for
Don't ask me I don't give a damn, next stop is Viet Nam
And it's five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates
Ain't no time to wonder why, whoopee we're all gonna die

Come on wall street don't be slow
Why man this war is a go-go
There's plenty good money to be made by
Supplying the army with the tools of its trade
Let's hope and pray that if they drop the bomb,
They drop it on the Viet Cong

And it's one, two, three, what are we fighting for
Don't ask me I don't give a damn, next stop is Viet Nam
And it's…

Laatst bewerkt:
Hoi Fred, Ik heb jarenlang geschermd (op degen) maar ben de laatste jaren me aan het verdiepen in den nobele kunste van het boksen..

OK. Beide zelfs nooit geprobeerd. Ik heb wel, zowel vanuit mezelf omdat ik dat leuk vond als vanuit mijn bedrijf tijdens personeelsuitjes, in redelijk wat sporten introductielessen gevolgd.

Heineken launches 'Heineken 0.0' in Vietnam: great taste with zero alcohol

Bier 1.jpg

A bottle of 'Heineken 0.0' non-alcoholic lager is seen in this provided photo. Photo: Heineken

Heineken has presented its latest innovation in Vietnam, ‘Heineken 0.0,’ a non-alcoholic lager brewed with a unique recipe for a distinct balanced taste while containing only 69 calories per 330ml bottle.

First launched in the Netherlands in 2017, Heineken 0.0 is now available in 57 markets around the world, including Europe, North America, Australia, and Asia. Vietnam will be the 58th market to launch Heineken 0.0 in 330ml bottles and cans. The brand’s iconic green label has been turned blue – the color associated with the non-alcoholic category.

Heineken’s master brewers created the new zero-alcohol beer using only natural ingredients, resulting in a beer brewed for beer lovers, by beer lovers. “Removing alcohol from regular five-percent Heineken would have been easy, but it wouldn’t deliver the best tasting non-alcoholic beer. Heineken 0.0 is brewed from scratch and has a perfectly balanced taste with refreshing fruity notes and soft malty body,” said Willem van Waesberghe, global craft and brew master at Heineken.

Heineken 0.0 is brewed with the same natural ingredients used for ‘Heineken Original,' namely water, malted barley, hops, and Heineken A-Yeast.

The alcohol is gently removed through a sophisticated process of vacuum distillation before the beer is double brewed to perfection with natural flavorings. “Our consumers are at the heart of what we do. We see a trend of consumers around the world and also in Vietnam moving toward a more balanced and health-conscious lifestyle,” said Alexander Koch, commercial director of Heineken Vietnam. “With Heineken 0.0, we are providing our Vietnamese consumers with a new and innovative option for all their drinking occasions, including ones where you cannot have a beer.”

Heineken 0.0 gives consumers a choice for a variety of drinking occasions. They can enjoy this non-alcoholic beer at work, at the gym, during lunchtime, and even when they have to drive home afterward as it contains zero alcohol.

All traditional non-beer moments where you simply cannot have a beer, #NowYouCan.

Translated into Vietnamese as “0 gi 0 the” (nothing is impossible), #NowYouCan is the global campaign supporting the launch of Heineken 0.0.

Led by a series of light-hearted television commercials, the campaign showcases the new occasions and moments that Heineken 0.0 fits into our lives.

Heineken 0.0 is now available for purchase at different retail channels including all major supermarkets, convenience stores, bars and restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, and will soon become available in other major cities and provinces including Da Nang, Nha Trang, Binh Dinh, Ba Ria - Vung Tau, and eventually nationwide.

Consumers can also buy Heineken 0.0 on e-commerce platforms, including Heineken’s e-commerce website at
https://www.drinkies.vn/.

Bron: Heineken launches 'Heineken 0.0' in Vietnam: great taste with zero alcohol - Tuoi Tre News

Ter info voor als er weer gereisd mag worden. Zelf vind ik bier absoluut niet te drinken dus dit artikel is echt niet aan mij besteedt. Maar wie op veilig wil spelen als men –onverhoopt, je weet het hier tenslotte nooit- de alcoholwet weer gaat handhaven… O-)

Klimgeiten

Het heeft vandaag helemaal niets met Vietnam te maken maar ik heb als oud-klimmer jaloers zitten kijken naar het gemak, waarmee ze naar boven wandelen tegen een op sommige plaatsen toch zeer steile wand. Uitglijden, met de voorpoten als eerste naar beneden, het wordt allemaal “schouderophalend” ondergaan.
Absoluut briljant! :t

Social distancing a hot topic in Vietnam: Google trends

Topics related to social distancing and news from the Health Ministry are top topics that interest Vietnamese internet users amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

"Social distancing" and related topics started to gain more popularity last month, after Vietnam confirmed the 17th Covid-19 patient on March 6 after going 22 days without new infections.

Notably, the number of Vietnamese googling these keywords skyrocketed on March 31, a day before a nationwide social distancing campaign was implemented, Google said Friday.

The social distancing campaign also sparked an increase in searches related to delivery services, online shopping and online learning.

With many working from home and all eateries closed, the search tool was also deployed by many for information on electric devices and home appliances such as printers, computers, air fryers and cookers.

Previously, the number of searches related to the Covid-19 virus and disease had topped on January 31 and decreased gradually before March and gone atop again on March 29.

Social 1.jpg

Masked Saigonese maintain some distance between each other while waiting to use a local ATM on March 31, 2020, a day before the national social distancing campaign. Photo by VnExpress/Quynh Tran.

Google also revealed that at the beginning of the pandemic, many people were looked for information from the World Health Organization (WHO). However, most Vietnamese are now reading the news released by the Ministry of Health.

The search engine has listed five most popular topics related to the pandemic in March among Vietnamese users: updated information about the disease; the number of infections in the country; symptoms; provinces recording infections; and the total number of infections.

Around 64 million users, or over half the Vietnam's population, are online.

As of Sunday morning, 240 Covid-19 infections have been confirmed in the country.

Bron: Social distancing a hot topic in Vietnam: Google trends - VnExpress International

:W ATTENTIE ALLEMAAL!!! :W

Aanschouw hier een HISTORISCHE PLAAT!

Vietnamezen, die zich in een rij opstellen en afstand tot elkaar houden!

Geloof me, ik ben bloedserieus als ik zeg, dat ik dit in de ruim 20 jaar dat ik hier nu kom en verblijf, nog nooit heb gezien!

Dit zijn volstrekt unieke beelden!

Zegt het voort!!!

Topics related to social distancing and news from the Health Ministry are top topics that interest Vietnamese internet users amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

"Social distancing" and related topics started to gain more popularity last month, after Vietnam confirmed the 17th Covid-19 patient on March 6 after going 22 days without new infections.

Notably, the number of Vietnamese googling these keywords skyrocketed on March 31, a day before a nationwide social distancing campaign was implemented, Google said Friday.

The social distancing campaign also sparked an increase in searches related to delivery services, online shopping and online learning.

With many working from home and all eateries closed, the search tool was also deployed by many for information on electric devices and home appliances such as printers, computers, air fryers and cookers.

Previously, the number of searches related to the Covid-19 virus and disease had topped on January 31 and decreased gradually before March and gone atop again on March 29.

Bekijk bijlage 1483214
Masked Saigonese maintain some distance between each other while waiting to use a local ATM on March 31, 2020, a day before the national social distancing campaign. Photo by VnExpress/Quynh Tran.

Google also revealed that at the beginning of the pandemic, many people were looked for information from the World Health Organization (WHO). However, most Vietnamese are now reading the news released by the Ministry of Health.

The search engine has listed five most popular topics related to the pandemic in March among Vietnamese users: updated information about the disease; the number of infections in the country; symptoms; provinces recording infections; and the total number of infections.

As of Sunday morning, 240 Covid-19 infections have been confirmed in the country.

Bron: Social distancing a hot topic in Vietnam: Google trends - VnExpress International

Geloof me, ik ben bloedserieus als ik zeg, dat ik dit in de ruim 20 jaar dat ik hier nu kom en verblijf, nog nooit heb gezien!

Zegt het voort!!!
Hahaha, inderdaad uniek.

Ik herinner me nog één van de eerste keren bij een drukke ATM. Ik was er niet van gediend dat mensen naast (letterlijk hangend tegen de ATM en mij aan...) me gingen staan terwijl ik bezig was met een pintransactie. Ik liet dit ook in niet mis te verstane woorden en daden merken.

Snapten ze helemaal niets van .

Bekijk bijlage 1483214

Zegt het voort!!!
Omdat de overheid zegt dat het zo moet... dus........

@Green Meanie
Klopt. Ze proberen bij balies ook alles mee te lezen.

We zijn een keer bij een advocaat geweest om te zien of er iets aan een geleverde wanprestatie kon worden gedaan. Zodra je de buitendeur binnen gaat, kom je in een kleine ruimte waar een bureau staat met de advocaat erachter, een paar stoelen ervoor voor de clientèle en een rijtje stoelen op ca. 1 m. van het bureau tegen de muur als wachtkamer. Onze voorgangers hadden financiële problemen vertaalde Minh. O-)
Oh, met argumenten waar je als westerling moedeloos je hoofd over schudt werd ons verteld dat we geen poot hadden om op te staan. :(

@Badgast
Lag het maar zo simpel. Je mag van de overheid ook niet door rood licht rijden. Nou, hier in landelijk gebied is mijn schatting ~50%, in stedelijke gebieden ~20-30%.
Vandaar het unieke van de foto.

This engineer is bringing green revolution to Saigon’s rooftops

Roof 1.jpg

Pham Thanh Loc (left) and one of his associates tend to aeroponically grown vegetables at their farm. Photo: Cong Trieu / Tuoi Tre.

An engineer is using an innovative aeroponics gardening method to grow vegetables on rooftops without the need for soil in Ho Chi Minh City.

Pham Thanh Loc, who runs a hi-tech agricultural services company based in Cu Chi District on the outskirts of the city, has spent several years installing aeroponics gardening systems -- Erofarm -- in residences across the southern metropolis.

Aeroponics is a soilless cultivation technique which involves the process of germinating plants in an air or mist environment without the use of soil or an aggregate medium. The Erofarm aeroponics systems, which carry footprints as small as 0.5 square meters and are able to grow a wide array of vegetables, are in high demand by consumers across the country looking for pesticide-free alternatives to the produce typically available in local markets and supermarkets.

Loc and his Erofarm team are currently working on Sky-Farm, their magnum opus project which spans 2,000 square meters across a condominium terrace in Binh Tan District. Their goal is for every rooftop in the city to, one day, have gardens of their own.

Trailblazer
Despite his success in the hi-tech agriculture sector, Loc’s background is not in agriculture. Instead, he studied chemistry at university and only audited courses in biotechnology. Though he eventually earned a master’s in chemistry, he continued studying biotechnology in his free time. His knowledge of biotechnology eventually led him to the realization that consumers shared a widespread mistrust of the origin of their produce.

When at-home gardens started being trending about five years ago, Loc immediately saw an opportunity to put that interest to work. Loc began focusing specifically on aeroponics, the process of growing plants while suspending them in the air, rather than placing them in soil.

Plants grown using an aeroponics system are placed into frames held above the ground. Their roots then grow downwards into sealed boxes filled with air and protected from sunlight while an automatic misting system sprays a nutrient-rich solution into the boxes where it is absorbed by the roots.

A different customized mixture of nutrients is used on each type of vegetable. Aeroponics can also help cut down on the cost, space, and time needed for traditional gardening. With those issues managed, the only problem Loc had difficulty solving was eliminating chemical fertilizers from the equation. “That stumbling block put my project on the verge of bankruptcy. Organic fertilizers are not a good choice for soilless cultivation, especially aeroponics,” Loc shared.

So, being an engineer, Loc took a shot at developing his own fertilizer from scratch. “I was so excited when my first formula began to take shape,” he recalled, showing off a packet of his homemade fertilizer. “Now that my air-based crops meet all food safety requirements and standards, I’ve moved on to the second phase of getting test results on criteria that are of interest to consumers such as iron, zinc, and calcium as well as natural compounds like essential oils and vitamins."

As news of his work spread, other scientists attempted to emulate Loc’s particular aeroponics process. Loc has since patented his method.

Households, schools to go green
A vertical garden tower designed to minimize space, Erofarm is widely known for its effective aeroponics system. The 243-hole system is priced at VND3-5 million (US$129- 215) for a home installation or leased at around VND900,000 ($39) each month. A one-square-meter system can yield 15-30 kilograms of vegetables in just 25 days. Erofarm systems also come in a variety of shapes and sizes, starting at 0.5 square meters and ranging well into the thousands.

His next step, he said, is to introduce his model to local schools to set up air-based gardens to provide an added extracurricular opportunity and increase the daily intake of safe produce for boarding students. “The positive effect of Loc’s model has been felt already. My two kids are really fascinated with the garden. It takes their minds off their electronic devices,” Le Hong Anh, a 38-year-old Erofarm customer, said.

Erofarm has received a sponsorship package of VND1.2 billion ($51,544) from SpeedUp, a program dedicated to providing aid for startups and launched by the municipal Department of Science and Technology.

The company currently has 500 customers in Ho Chi Minh City. “My customers embrace our model because of its availability. I’m overjoyed to learn that some don’t even bother to seek my help when their system breaks down after five or six years because they are able to replace parts themselves,” Loc said.

Bron: This engineer is bringing green revolution to Saigon’s rooftops - Tuoi Tre News

Hier weet ik echt helemaal niets van af, dus commentaar van een kenner:
“Ik vind het een mooie opstart naar iets veel mooiers. Het blijven vaak wel zaken die zo hier en daar ontstaan. Je ziet het hier in Nederland ook al in de kassen. Veel wordt op water geteeld waarin voedingsmiddelen worden toegevoegd maar ik ken hier (nog) geen thuis methoden. Dus in een land zoals Vietnam waar toch in grote steden niet echt veel ruimte is een mooi streven. “

Vind het dier dat wel leuk? (sorry ga ik weer-doorgaans gaan ze in Aziatische landen minder leuk met dieren om)

Tja, geen idee. Mijn Vietnamees is nog steeds niet goed genoeg om het ze te vragen. O-)

Maar toen ik aan kwam fietsen stonden alle beesten (stuk of 5 dacht ik) in het water.
En als ik zelf thuis kom van een fietstochtje is een douche echt heel lekker.
Dus met de huidige temperaturen vinden ze het misschien wel net een welness center: eerst een modderbad en en dan lekker afgespoeld worden.
Hoe goed kun je het hier hebben. Nog wat karaoke erbij... :+

Fred, je foto's worden steeds beter, nieuwe camera gekocht? ;-) (kleur en resolutie beter op orde nu?).
Valt me de laatste tijd op.

Cam on, cam on!

Nee, nog steeds dezelfde camera’s: de Nikon voor het grote werk en de Sony Cybershot DSC-TX30 die in mijn wielershirt past. Nadeel van de laatste is dat hij alleen een scherm aan de achterkant heeft, dus het resultaat zie ik meestal pas als ik thuis ben. De foto’s van de laatste dagen zijn met die camera gemaakt.

Ook is mijn workflow eigenlijk alleen op details wat aangepast. Kleur zal altijd een probleem blijven gezien mijn slechte ogen. De kleuren van een opname zullen vaak zodanig zijn dat IK ze mooi vind. Als het echt natuurgetrouw moet heb ik nog wel een ColorChecker, maar eerlijk gezegd gebruik ik die niet zoveel.

Ik bekijk nog wel regelmatig wat instructievideo’s, dus misschien is dat het?

How much do people smoke in Vietnam? (1)

Smoke 1.jpg

A man smokes while driving on Hoang Van Thu Street in Ho Chi Minh City. Photo: Quang Dinh / Tuoi Tre

Editor's note:
A number of foreigners living in Vietnam have offered their opinions on smoking habits in Vietnam, as well as suggestions on how to curb smoking in prohibited areas, following a request from Tuoi Tre News.

The following comments have been edited by Tuoi Tre News for better clarity, consistency, and coherence.

A 'smoking-friendly' country
Before coming to Vietnam I chose to research on the Internet whether cities in Vietnam are polluted and what the local behavior is. Surprisingly, I read that Vietnam is a smoking-friendly country and a lot of Vietnamese smoke.

I've been living in the southern province of Tra Vinh for a month, however I have not seen too many people smoking here. Those I do see are mostly men in their forties and fifties who seem to enjoy smoking while talking to their friends on the sidewalk. I saw more people smoking at the airport in Saigon when I arrived than I have seen in a whole month here in Tra Vinh. I assume there are more smokers in bigger cities.

I think non-smokers shouldn't have to endure smelling and breathing second-hand smoke when we go out. People's health is already considerably affected by car and motorbike pollution, there's no need to add another carcinogen to the list, especially when such a huge number of people dying from lung cancer each year.

As for smoking in prohibited places, I assume it’s mostly due to a combination of minimal law enforcement and here, also negligible penalties. I’ve learned that smoking in prohibited places in Vietnam warrants a fine of just VND100,000-300,000 (US$4.3-13) – a sum that seems unexpectedly low. Not that people wouldn't mind being fined, but this amount doesn't seem high enough to dissuade people from smoking in places where they shouldn’t be.

Nowadays, everyone should be made aware of the risks incurred to smokers and second-hand smokers' health, so smoking in banned places must be due to ignorance of the law, a disregard of one's or others’ health, or an addiction to cigarettes. Sadly, there are some smokers who want to stop but can’t and others who simply just don’t care about their own health.

In France, people are not allowed to smoke indoors unless it's in their home. They’re also not allowed to smoke in some outdoor spaces, such as parks and train stations. Some places have specific smoking areas so that people who need a cigarette can have one, but those areas seem to be slowly disappearing.

People smoking in banned places throughout France can be fined up to €450 ($501) – approximately 1/4 of the average monthly French salary. If someone smokes in a vehicle (e.g. a car) while a child is inside, that fine can rise as high as €750 ($836).

Business owners can also be fined up to €750 if a patron smokes in a smoke-free area they manage. These steep fines are a serious incentive for people to obey the law and for business owners to strictly prohibit smoking in their bars and cafés.

The French government also includes specific classes about these laws in its school curriculum and our education system raises awareness of what is forbidden, what is not, and the penalties you could incur if you break the law. I can only assume it’s the same over here.

Historically speaking, there was a time when you could smoke everywhere, but a law passed one day and everything changed drastically.

Moreover, prohibition signs are everywhere. You can't miss them! There's always a sign, security guard, or staff member around to remind people that they can’t smoke. There are also more and more cameras (CCTV) in public places which makes it easier for the police to find offenders. Also, French don't mind telling others when their behavior is annoying, and that habit definitely applies to smoking. Simply put, in France, if you don’t obey the law, you get into trouble.

Thomas Vaillant from France

Morgen het vervolg

How much do people smoke in Vietnam? (2)

Smoke 2.jpg

A man smokes on the sidewalk in Ho Chi Minh City. Photo: Quang Dinh / Tuoi Tre

A prominent smoking culture
Though I often see people smoking in public areas, may people here seem to respect the laws and avoid smoking in places where it is prohibited. Whenever I am inside a restaurant that does not permit smoking, people always obey the rules. I personally consider people who choose to disregard those rules as defiant, apathetic, and disrespectful. People should respect smoking prohibitions. If they really need a cigarette, they can go outside. There is no valid reason to smoke in non-permitted areas.

People smoke in banned spaces because they feel there are no real consequences. They know they will not be arrested and little will be done to stop them. Another major reason for people disobeying smoking bans is because smoking culture is so prominent in Vietnam. People smoke everywhere and feel they have the right to smoke whenever they want because there are so many places that allow it. To dissuade people, the current fine for smoking in prohibited places should be increased. Smoking fines in Canada are much higher and it’s very rare for people to ignore smoking bans.

I believe there are other possible solutions to this issue besides increasing fines. The government could post more signs banning smoking in certain places and advertise the fines. They could also provide more public ashtrays and designated smoking areas near places where smoking is banned. That way, people have somewhere nearby where they can smoke.

In Canada, people who are caught smoking are fined. Fines can be given by either a police officer or a bylaw officer. If Vietnam had officers or security in locations where smoking is banned, officials would have an easier time enforcing regulations. In Canada, people learn about smoking from their parents, television commercials, advertisements, and schools. By the time Canadians reach adulthood, the dangers of smoking are common knowledge. Signs are also posted anywhere smoking is not permitted.

Matthew Stanton Young from Canada

Y
oung Vietnamese seem to smoke less
It is important to follow smoking regulations because second-hand smoke can be a serious invasion of others’ personal space. It's not just a question of etiquette, but also a question of health.

Non-smokers don’t want to feel suffocated by smoke in public areas, especially when they’re with their kids. For these reasons, being a responsible smoker is very important in order to maintain sociability and courtesy, otherwise conflict is bound to arise.

Living in Vietnam, I can see that an important part of the population is smoking. I can’t cite any figures or statistics but that is my personal impression. To be more specific, Vietnamese men smoke a lot and a large number of them throw their cigarette butts on the ground. I think throwing cigarette butts in restrooms, apartment hallways, and parking lots here is considered the status quo, however it seriously lowers the hygiene and cleanliness of these places, while enhancing the possibility of social conflict.

I’d like to share about a situation that happened in the apartment block where I live. It is a new condominium with mostly Vietnamese families and only a few foreigners. One of the main problems we have is smokers throwing their cigarette butts in the corridors or in the common areas. Though not too many people do it, just a few residents engaging in such behaviors really dirties the place. Moreover, in spite of the clear announcements, banners, and social network complaints in groups, people still smoke in and around the building. The worst part is that we know that throwing cigarettes can start fires and endanger the lives of others.

So, how can we tackle the problem? It’s a difficult to question, but we can begin by figuring out whether it’s a generational or educational matter. Surely littering habits need improvement because most people live close to each other in Vietnam. Cigarette butts and smoking are just a symptom of that larger problem.

Young Vietnamese seem to smoke less than older generations so this issue may subside in the future. I do believe that new generations in Vietnam are less likely to smoke because lifestyles here are changing so drastically. I am not sure that fines can fix the problem, it is public pressure that will result in more significant changes.

In Europe we do have fines for smoking in banned places but people usually respect the restrictions because of the public pressure. For example, if you smoke in a banned area, others will ask you to stop or you will be considered as rude and become socially isolated. I believe social pressure is an efficient solution for Vietnam. Education can be a part of raising social awareness but it is group pressure that will make smokers more responsible.

Regarding my country, I would say that the high price of cigarettes combined with a negative impression of smokers discourages smoking.

Christopher Denis-Delacour from France

Bron: How much do people smoke in Vietnam? - Tuoi Tre News

Het is hier zeer gebruikelijk om op de motor in de ene hand een sigaret en in de andere een smartphone te hebben.

Uit de verhalen blijkt ook hier weer duidelijk de algehele mentaliteit. Het is net als met karaoke, het verkeer, afval etc.: het interesseert niemand een bal of anderen er last van hebben. Het gel*l van “één grote familie” is wat mij betreft al een eeuwigheid geleden achterhaald. Zelf ken ik geen land waar het ikke, ikke, ikke zo prominent aanwezig is als in Vietnam.

Doet me trouwens denken aan twee ervaringen. We hebben aan de voorkant van het huis een bordje “no smoking”. Dus men zou het moeten weten (jawel, het is in het Vietnamees O-) ).

Goed
Twee mannen, die een bijen- of wespennest uit een boom in onze tuin kwamen verwijderen en netjes aan Minh vroegen of ze tijdens dat werk mochten roken. Uiteraard! Hier was het functioneel.

Slecht
Een van de bouwvakkers tijdens een verbouwing die, ondanks alle tevoren gemaakte afspraken, demonstratief op het terras in mijn nabijheid bleef roken, ook toen ik gebaarde de sigaret uit te doen. Nadat mijn opmerking over werkverhoudingen etc. aan hem vertaald was heeft hij nooit meer in mijn omgeving een sigaret durven opsteken. O-)

Vietnam expects repair of submarine Internet cable to complete in April

Cable 1.jpg

A diver is seen fixing a submarine cable cut in this illustration photo.

A problem with a major submarine communications cable, which has caused users in Vietnam to experience sluggish international connection, is expected to be fixed by April 21, according to the cable’s operations center.

The center said the repair will begin on April 17 to fix an issue that had occurred on the S1 section, connecting Vietnam and Hong Kong, of the Asia America Gateway (AAG) cable system at 8:30 pm on April 2.

According to some domestic Internet service providers (ISPs), a power outage had been responsible for the problem, resulting in a complete interruption of transmission via the line.

The incident caused ISPs in Vietnam to have their international bandwidth significantly reduced.

Although domestic operators have rerouted traffic to other submarine and land cables, users in Vietnam have reported sluggish Internet speed this month.

The crucial cable line had been experiencing regular problems since the end of 2019 until its traffic capacity was completely restored on March 2, 2020.

The AAG is a 20,000-kilometer submarine communications cable system connecting Southeast Asia with the U.S. mainland across the Pacific Ocean via Guam and Hawaii.

It was put into operation in November 2009.

The segment connecting to Vietnam is 314 kilometers long and strikes land in Vung Tau City in the southern region, delivering up to two terabits per second.

Bron: Vietnam expects repair of submarine Internet cable to complete in April - Tuoi Tre News

Hier in mijn directe omgeving heb ik nog wel wat lui, die na een kort bijscholingscursusje (klein kwartiertje of zo…) uitermate geschikt zijn voor de “wat dieper liggende delen van de kabel”. Een wat langere periode met slechte responstijden neem ik dan graag voor lief. O-)

Ngoc

De afgelopen tijd ben ik weinig buiten het hek geweest om te fotograferen. Ook stond er niet zoveel interessants op de site die ik nog wel eens gebruik als ik zelf niets meer heb of weet.

Er zat dus niet veel anders op dan maar wat in mijn oude foto’s te spitten. Om het leuke met het aangename te verenigen ben ik ook met Lightroom aan het rommelen geweest. Mogelijk vindt niet iedereen het even geslaagd maar daarin ben ik inmiddels ook een echte Vietnamees: het interesseert me geen bal wat jullie vinden. :+

Dus de komende tijd regelmatig wat ouder werk. Als het om modellen gaat zal dat voornamelijk Ngoc zijn, omdat ik daar –vind ik zelf- de beste foto’s van heb en dus het gemakkelijkst kan aanpassen. Veel andere keus heb ik trouwens niet. ;(

De foto’s worden af en toe voorzien van wat melige opmerkingen. Deze bv. is al heel oud… O-)+

Ngoc 1.jpg

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan