Vietnam Deel 2

Een late reactie vandaag. De gehele dag geen internet door een gebroken hoofdkabel. De verbinding is net weer hersteld.

@Ellan Vannin

Bedankt. Alleen, het wordt steeds nuttelozer. Mijn grote fout is dat ik het onderschrift van Kibbe niet heb opgevolgd. O-)

Johan is natuurlijk onvoorstelbaar dom. Ik heb hem in mijn eerste mail aangeboden dat als hij vragen had over Vietnam, hij die altijd kon stellen. Dit werd op een ongeloofelijk stuitend arrogante wijze afgewezen.

Hij. Weet. Alles. Al. Over. Vietnam. Punt. Uit.

En als ik dan gisteren lees dat Mark van Bommel bij PSV zijn schoonvader erbij haalt “omdat die alles al een keer heeft meegemaakt” dan denk ik onmiddellijk: “heel slim, die begrijpt tenminste hoe het werkt. Alle informatie die je kunt krijgen is welkom”.

Dus blijft hij de Nederlandse situatie op Vietnam projecteren, trekt op die basis zijn –uiteraard volstrekt foutieve- conclusies en dat is dan de enige echte ultieme waarheid waar niemand aan hoeft te twijfelen. Zeker niet wat dwazen die in Vietnam wonen want weten die nu van armoede en scholen. Hoe kunnen die nu tippen aan de kennis en ervaringen, die hij in zoveel jaren in dit project heeft opgedaan. Toch…

Tja…

OK, van mij mag hij vanaf nu familie, vrienden en bekenden, die sponsoren, voluit belazeren. Ik geloof het verder wel. Al blijf ik wel nieuwsgierig hoe ze zouden reageren als ze dit lezen. Cynicus als ik ben gok ik dat het mij hevig kwalijk zal worden genomen dat ik nut en resultaten van het project ook maar op de geringste manier in twijfel durf te trekken. O-)

Ik blijf wel alle blunders die hij maakt gebruiken voor mijn posts. Het geeft mij vaak de mogelijkheid om te vertellen hoe het er hier in werkelijkheid aan toe gaat. Nog heel even wachten tot hij weer zijn jaarlijkse bezoek komt afleggen. Is mijn writersblock acuut voorbij. O-)

Verder ben ik diep teleurgesteld in het CBF en hoe ze met de hele zaak zijn omgegaan. Er is absoluut niet gebracht wat er op hun webbsite en in regelementen wordt beloofd.

Triest.

Laatst bewerkt:
Watertoren

Het complex lijkt zo goed als klaar. Er is een mooi bord aan de buitenkant en de poort is afgesloten.

De toren vanaf een ander standpunt.

full

De installatie lijkt verder nog niet in gebruik: er is niemand te zien, met uitzondering van het twee-hond-security-team, die wel een hoop herrie maken maar je qua formaat zo over het hek gooit.

full

En dit is de voet van de beroemde lantaarnpaal uit FredVN in "Vietnam Deel 2" Duidelijk is de veel kleinere bout te zien. Ze rotzooien maar wat aan.

full

Vliegen

Wie op vakantie naar Vietnam gaat (ok, vooruit, een ander land kan eventueel ook), een fotouitrusting mee wil nemen en die niet in het laadruim van het vliegtuiig wil laten stoppen, moet zeker even deze video bekijken.

Matt Granger - 2 Tips to avoid CHECKING in your Camera Gear

Deze situatie heb ik zelf maar één keer bij de hand gehad. Dat was toen we met Ryan Air vanuit Spanje kwamen vliegen, zo’n 2½ jaar geleden. Van alle mensen, die wat verder in de wachtrij stonden, moest de trolly het ruim in.

Ik had mazzel, ik had mijn op dat moment splinternieuwe camera in mijn rugzak en die mocht ik gelukkig bij mij houden omdat hij niet van hard materiaal was gemaakt. Deze optie wordt niet in de video genoemd, maar lijkt me ook een valide.

Modelfotografie

Eén van de gebieden op fotografiegebied waar ik nauwelijks ervating mee heb. En al helemaal niet met een min of meer professioneel model. En twee pure beginners leveren in het algemeen een weinig overtuigend product op zoals Minh en ik al vaker hebben bewezen.

Toch zou ik graag daar wat beter in willen zijn.

Daarom heb ik me kort geleden ingeschreven op de site van MyModel; https://mymodel.website/fotograaf/Beauty_of_Vietnam onder de bekende nickname FredVN. De site wil ik gaan gebruiken als inspiratie- en studiebron voor modelfotografie. Een site, die ik iedereen, die iets aan modelfotografie wil gaan doen, van harte kan aanbevelen. Een enorme hoeveelheid foto’s en moodboaards.

In mijn profiel een link naar een aantal moodboards, die ik heb uitgewerkt en ooit nog eens hoop uit te voeren. Hierbij o.a. het resort, dat al vaker langs is gekomen en één op basis van het werk van Thai Phien (zie foto), wiens boek ook al eens is besproken en op wie ik binnenkort terug kom. Een paar zijn nog “under construction”.

full

Laatst bewerkt:
First-ever nude photo exhibition by famed Vietnamese artist receives warm welcome

The exhibition is taking place at the Ho Chi Minh City Photography Association headquarters in District 1 until June 20 By Bao Anh / Tuoi Tre News

full

Thai Phien and his nude art photos

Vietnamese photographer Thai Phien has finally been able to introduce his proud collection of nude photos to a wider public through an ongoing exhibition in Ho Chi Minh City, after several years of careful preparation despite regulatory hindrances.

The June 16 - 20 exhibition, bearing a graceful name, “Mien Co Tich,” or Fairyland, is receiving positive feedback from visitors. All of the 26 photos featured in the show were handpicked from Thai Phien’s nude photo book, which was released two months ago.
The artworks express respect and honor toward the beauty of women through the lens of the 58-year-old photographer.

Thai Phien even offers free soft drinks and parking to visitors to his exhibition, using money from his own pocket. While the display did not attract many visitors on its opening day, the crowd of audience got larger on Sunday.

People of all ages, including students and the elderly, all spent a considerable amount of time admiring the bold yet subtle and delicate artworks by the photography artist.

full

Three college students watch photos on display at the "Mien Co Tich" exhibition. Photo:Tuoi Tre

“The works of Thai Phien always give me a certain respect for the beauty of humans and the best pulchritude of a woman through her feminine images and curves,” Nhung, a visitor, told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper. Nhung visited the exhibition with her fiancé, and the young woman would spend several minutes standing in front of each photo as if she were enchanted by it, before exclaiming, “Very nice, very artistic and very emotional!”

Most of the visitors to the exhibition recognized that Thai Phien's nude photography works contain high-quality art and do not leave any unesthetic, offensive impressions on the viewers.

full

Nhung and her fiancé watch a photo on display at the "Mien Co Tich" exhibition. Photo: Tuoi Tre

Nude pictures are everywhere on the Internet. But Thai Phien has emerged as the first artist in Vietnam who is able to take nude photos that are beautiful and artistic enough to persuade regulators to allow them to be on public display. “The artists must put all their minds and hearts into their brainchildren,” Thai Phien said, referring to the nuance of taking nude photos. The artist also addressed the common prejudice against nude art in Vietnam, underlining that one must “have an esthetic view to thoroughly understand all the beauty of nude photography.”

full

One of the nude photos on display at the "Mien Co Tich" exhibition. Photo: Tuoi Tre

First and possible the last
Thai Phien revealed that the exhibition is the sweet result of his ten-year effort to obtain a permit for a nude photo display, highlighted by several failed attempts. Thai Phien told Tuoi Tre that he had wanted to give up many times. “I thought I would never make it, even though it has been my dream for a long time to hold an exhibition for all my brainchildren,” the photographer said.

Thai Phien has failed in two of his three attempts to obtain a permit to run his nude photo exhibition in the last ten years. “I did receive a license in the other attempt, but it was canceled at the last minute,” he added.

full

One of the nude photos on display at the "Mien Co Tich" exhibition. Photo: Tuoi Tre

Thai Phien said those failures have greatly discouraged him from initiating yet another permission-seeking process. “The ego of an artist sometimes made me think that I did not need an exhibition anymore,” Thai Phien recalled. “So this might be the last time I have done [such an exhibition like] this,” he concluded with disappointment.

However, the 58-year-old photographer still hopes that more quality nude art exhibitions will continue to be introduced to the public, instead of being only known within the walls of photography associations. “Mien Co Tich” is taking place with free admission at the Ho Chi Minh City Photography Association at 122 Suong Nguyet Anh, District 1 from June 16 to 20.

On July 23, Thai Phien will bring the exhibition to Hanoi.

Bron: TEMPLATE | HOME

Dit is een beetje een vervolg op FredVN in "Vietnam Deel 2" van afgelopen zondag. Helaas zag ik dit artikel pas, toen ik al weer thuis was. Anders had ik de ochtend van mijn thuisreis vanuit HCM de tentoonstelling kunnen bezoeken, Thai Phien een handje kunnen geven, vragen waarom hij geen inleiding voor mijn boek wilde schrijven O-) en zijn laatste boek meenemen.

In het originele artikel staan meer foto’s. Zie daarvoor de bron.

Producing European wine in Vietnam

After a decades-long struggle the same story has unfolded in Vietnam on 'vang,' the Vietnamese translation for grape-based wines that we’re accustomed to drinking in Western countries By Rick Ellis / Tuoi Tre News Contributor

full

Here’s a topic with a future!
WINE!

The Vietnamese have perfected the knack of borrowing from foreign cuisines to create the most interesting fusions of dishes and beverages…. From Korean “kim chi” style fermented cabbage to “pho mai” (from the French word “fromage” meaning cheese), local iced coffee “ca phe da”, and “banh mi” baguettes, there has always been a way to tweak foreign offerings to strike just the right note with the local palate.

After a decades-long struggle the same story has unfolded in Vietnam on “vang,” the Vietnamese translation for grape-based wines that we’re accustomed to drinking in Western countries. “Vang” is derived from the French word “vin,” meaning grape-based wine. Before we delve any further into this hot topic, I readily confess that I’m an average middle-class wine guzzler, a “half liter of house wine” kind of guy. Any worthy wine expert could blow me away with statistics on “pH” measurements of acidity, opinions on how well a wine can be paired with various foods, and of course with glass sniffing and wine-swishing-around-the-mouth techniques. That said, I lived in Europe for 13 years literally surrounded by vineyards, so I sure know a good wine from a bad one or if I don’t, I can fake it very well.

Producing quality foreign-style grape wines requires a lot of patience because it’s a trial and error process to match the right type of grapevine with soil, temperature, humidity, and growing techniques to get just the right grape. Grapes are harvested twice per year, so it takes many cycles until there is demonstrable progress. That’s how the quality and consistency of wine evolved in Western and Eastern Europe, the Americas, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa, and that’s how the story is unfolding here in Vietnam.

French colonialists started planting grapevines as far back as the 19th century in the Ba Vi Mountains near Hanoi in the northern part of Vietnam but were not successful in producing tasty wines due to the cool, humid climate. The same situation occurred in the 1950s and again early in this new millennium in Da Lat, which was also thought to be the right location for growing grapes but neither the crisp temperatures nor the high level of humidity in the area was ideal.

During the second half of the last century vineyards were started on the coastal plain of Ninh Thuan Province and today several wineries operate in the area. Phan Rang is the focal point for growing grapes in Ninh Thuan, situated about 100 kilometers east of Da Lat. Phan Rang is one of the least rainy areas of Vietnam – another advantage when trying to grow grapes for wine. When the grapes are harvested the wine itself can be produced anywhere provided transportation and storage are not prohibitively expensive. Some wineries are located in and around Phan Rang and others in Da Lat to which the harvested grapes are shipped.

There are other facilities in different regions of Vietnam where wines are fermented, aged, bottled, stored, and shipped to distribution points all over the country. I’d heard about wines from the Da Lat area for many years (mostly via poor or at best average reviews from foreign wine critics) and finally found it on my first trip to the town just over a year ago. I saw a few shops selling local wines, investigated and learned there are several wine companies located in this area.

full

A domestic wine store in Da Lat

Bottle by bottle, I painstakingly (it’s a tough job but somebody has to do it) made my way through most of the locally produced wines for sale. The low-end wines are drinkable for the most part, so, after a few tests you can probably find a red or white that suits you in the US$4 or $5 per bottle range.

Some of the low-end domestic wines are mixed with fermented mulberry juice resulting in a sharp, acidic bouquet which I find delightful but you may not. Those low-end wines don’t pair well with food but on their own they’re pleasant for tippling as well as being very affordable. You can enjoy room temperature or chilled, and some drinkers have been known to pop in a bit of ice to take the edge off when needed.

There are also domestic blends of white wine on the market using Cabernet Sauvignon grapes grown in the same vineyards in the Phan Rang area. The white wines still lag behind the reds in quality, but the gap is narrowing quickly. High-quality domestic red wine starts at about $10 per bottle with the top of the line wines going for as much as $30 per bottle, so the best Vietnamese wine is priced to compete head to head against European, Australian, South African, and South and North American wines.

The top-quality wine has already snagged awards at both Asia-Pacific, European, and American International wine contests in the last couple of years. One brand was also selected as the official wine of the APEC Summit 2017 held in Da Nang last November, which helps put Vietnam on the international wine map.

Some Europeans still claim that local Vietnamese wine is too acidic to be paired with food, so it should be relegated to pre-dining aperitif or dessert/after meal status only, while the high-priced imported wines are enjoyed with meals.

The list of awards above would indicate the argument about acidity is becoming dated as Vietnamese wines are more popular domestically and internationally, enjoying double-digit annual percentage increases in domestic consumption plus healthy exports to Thailand, Laos, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, and Switzerland.

Many wine shops have opened in Vietnam in recent years which sell domestic and imported wines by the glass or bottle, so the “wine cellar” for tasting concept is developing. Wine tours are advertised but are just beginning to gain momentum.

full

Ten years ago French wine accounted for almost half the market in Vietnam – today it’s down to 15%. Thanks to the 2014 Free Trade Agreement with Chile, import duties on Chilean wine are one-third of what they were before, making Chilean wine very competitive with local products.

Marketing of domestic grape-based wine in Vietnam is a challenge because of the consumer mindset that values imported products over local goods. It doesn’t matter what it is – meat products, cheese, beer, coffee, milk, you name it – the common thinking is local products just don’t measure up. I see this issue often with beer, where inferior imported beers are more popular than high-quality local brews, even when the local beers are much cheaper. I won’t mention any names, but there is one imported beer that calls itself the king, yet has a reputation for being a low-quality, watery beer to be avoided in its home country. Same goes for coffee, and Vietnam is the second largest coffee producer in the world!

What more could we possibly want?

Still, many consumers prefer to try other coffees that are much pricier yet without superior flavour. There are several ways this could evolve going forward: Vietnamese wine companies could employ various marketing initiatives to get locals to try domestic wines and slowly seize a larger market share. Events such as tastings, tours, contests, exhibitions with tastings, and sponsored food fairs can all contribute to informing consumers of the quality of local wine.

Perhaps some of the fascination with foreign wines is just a passing fad, and consumer thinking will mature and compare more with domestic wines in the future. Whichever way the wine scene in Vietnam evolves, one thing is certain: Vietnamese wine is good and it’s only going to get better with time.

Onze winkel in Nha Trang voor de dozen Dalat wijn lijkt nog het meest op die in Dalat.

Vliegen

Wie op vakantie naar Vietnam gaat (ok, vooruit, een ander land kan eventueel ook), een fotouitrusting mee wil nemen en die niet in het laadruim van het vliegtuiig wil laten stoppen, moet zeker even deze video bekijken.

Matt Granger - 2 Tips to avoid CHECKING in your Camera Gear

Deze situatie heb ik zelf maar één keer bij de hand gehad. Dat was toen we met Ryan Air vanuit Spanje kwamen vliegen, zo’n 2½ jaar geleden. Van alle mensen, die wat verder in de wachtrij stonden, moest de trolly het ruim in.

Ik had mazzel, ik had mijn op dat moment splinternieuwe camera in mijn rugzak en die mocht ik gelukkig bij mij houden omdat hij niet van hard materiaal was gemaakt. Deze optie wordt niet in de video genoemd, maar lijkt me ook een valide.
Ryan Air vliegt gelukkig (nog) niet naar Aziatische landen :t
Heb al enkele keren met hun gevlogen en als ze niet staken vind ik ze best goed.
Maar voor Aziatische bestemmingen houd ik het liever op Singapore Airlines, Etihad of Emirates.
Voor die laatste wordt binnenkort wellicht de A380 ingezet op Brussels Airport.

Ik vlieg eigenlijk uitsluitend met Quatar. Naast dat ze erg goed zijn vind ik zelf een heel groot voordeel, dat Doha ongeveer halverwege Vietnam en Holland ligt.

Modelfotografie

Nog een vervolg op de posts over modelfotografie (uiteraard in Vietnam, om het on topic te houden :+ ). Deze video
blijf ik zelf erg goed vinden. De man geeft per lichaamsdeel een paar poses aan en hoe je die vervolgens tot in het oneindige kunt combineren.

Als ik iemand kan vinden voor een shoot in het resort zal ik tevoren 100% zeker deze video nog een keer bekijken.

Daarnaast heb ik voor mijn eigen gemak het geheel ook nog in een mindmap gezet. Zie de foto. Ik heb hem ook al in het Engels en Minh moet hem nog een keer in het Vietnamees vertalen.

Probeer het eens zou ik zeggen. Ik hoor en zie graag de resultaten.

full

Vietnamese woman conquers country on motorcycle (1)

Her 45-day journey is an inspirational to Vietnamese women who hope to break the norm By Duy Khoi / Tuoi Tre News Contributor

full

Yen takes a selfie beside her most trusted “friend” on the road.

Chu Hai Yen became a household name in the Vietnamese travel community when she chose to motorcycle the length of the country on a whim.

Backpacking is fast gaining traction amongst Vietnamese youth. But as young adventurers attempt to see the world on a shoestring budget, the rising number of irresponsible travelers with little regard for local residents and the environment is giving well-intentioned backpackers a bad name. Yen, however, refused to let that reputation stand in the way of her solo motorcycling journey from Hanoi to Vietnam’s southernmost province.

full

Yen checks in Ca Mau, Vietnam’s southernmost province.

A journey without company
Chu Hai Yen has always been on the go for as long as she can remember. She is also particularly fond of the term “phuot thu” – a Vietnamese phrase used to describe free spirited travelers who journey off the beaten path. That might be why she woke up one day in April day and made a split second decision to post on Instagram: “I’m going to travel to Ca Mau on my motorcycle”. Since Yen lives in Hanoi, getting to Ca Mau, the country’s southernmost province, isn’t exactly a walk (or ride) in the park. And of course, the decision by a young female to make such a dangerous journey alone quickly became a topic of heated debate on social media.

Initially, Yen hope to make the trip with another female companion, but those she invited were spooked at the idea. “Normally, my friends will only agree to 12-15-day trip,” Yen said. “but I wanted to take it slow and take in the flavors each region has to offer.” “I also didn’t want to tag along with a guy and feel attached to him for the entire trip. That’s when I decided to do it solo.”

And as it turned out, it was the right decision for Yen. “I was able to gauge my own limits and decide on my own how far I could get,” she shared. That said, even Yen, a veteran backpacker, found the journey nerve-wracking at times. At one point, she even crashed on a deserted road due to wet weather and bad sunlight. She eventually managed to calm herself down and make it to a nearby town.

full

Yen’s compact belongings on every journey.

Female backpacker: a life of hardship and prejudice
This is not the first occasion Yen has been on an arduous journey. Although her relatives are used to her need for a “change of scenery”, her adventures do occasionally cost a white lie. “I told them that I would catch a train to central Vietnam first, then explore for a week, which of course I did not”, she giggled.

Her journey has also taken a toll on her body. She has got a fair share of sunburn, scratches, scars, among other things. “A bit of recuperation can wipe all that out, no problem!” Yen smiled.
During the trip, Yen diligently updated her Instagram followers on her journey and experience. She said the photos function as a kind of diary on the go. “Besides keeping the fondest memories for myself, I truly hope my photos will help inspire others.” “You only live once. And youth only comes once in a lifetime. So enjoy the world and take as many wonders in as possible while you can”, Yen remarked.

Below are some pictures featuring Yen during her recent trip throughout Vietnam.

full

A camera and tripod were indispensable for the trip.

Even ter aanvulling, in het Vietnamees spreek je haar naam niet uit als Jen (zoals ik zelf vroeger altijd dacht), maar als ien met een “lange” ie.

Morgen meer.

Elke vijver met Lotus bloemen is een selfie vijver _O- Is nu inderdaad weer het seizoen.

Wat mij dan weer gelijk opvalt (zowel op de foto die je post als in het echt) zijn die twee dames in het wit met een stapel bloemen op de schouder. Vaak worden de mooiste bloemen geplukt voor een selfie en daarna achteloos op straat gegooid... zonde.

Young people dash to lotus ponds for ‘million-like photos’ in Hue (1)

Young people in Hue are flocking to local ponds to pose in the mind-blowing beauty of lotus flowers By Uyen Nguyen / Tuoi Tre News Contributor

full

A girl poses in a lotus pond in Hue, central Vietnam. Photo: Tuoi Tre

As summer ushers in the bloom of lotus flowers, young people in the central Vietnamese of Hue are rushing to local ponds to pose in the mind-blowing beauty of the country’s effectively national flower.

From dawn till dusk, Hue girls donning traditional Vietnamese clothing, such as ao dai (long dress) and ao yem (bodice), can be spotted snapping photos against the marvelous backdrop of the blooming lotus flowers at La Chu, a lotus village in the town of Huong Tra.

The amateur ‘models’ often spend VND300,000 - VND500,000 (US$13-22) to rent the clothing, photographer, and makeup needed to bring home an ‘album to remember.'
One of the girls, Lan Huong, said ao yem and silk trousers are the perfect wardrobe choice for a lotus pond photo shoot. “There is no need for posing. All you need to do is melt into nature, set yourself free among the ‘ocean’ of blooming flowers, and let the photographer capture beautiful photos,” she shared.

full

According to Nguyen Manh Cuong, a photographer experienced in shooting at Hue’s lotus ponds, besides adding props like conical hats and ceramic vases, some photographers burn small fires to add smoke, literally, to their shots. “This will ensure you will have ‘million-like photos’,” he joked.

full

A girl poses next to a ceramic vase.

Hue’s lotus ponds have free entry, but local residents do their best to ensure the gardens are cared for with the utmost attention to detail. Besides La Chu, young women willing to melt in the scorching summer heat are making their way to other lotus ponds such as Vinh Thanh and Thien My to take the perfect photos to post on Facebook or Instagram to show off to their friends

full

A girl primps among the lotus flowers

Morgen meer.

Young people dash to lotus ponds for ‘million-like photos’ in Hue (2)

full

You do not need to be a professional model to take a great photo.

full

full

A woman in ao yem stands out amongst the lotus ‘forest.’

full

Palm-leaf conical hats and ao dai make up the traditional Vietnamese costume

Morgen de laatste.

Young people dash to lotus ponds for ‘million-like photos’ in Hue (3)

Foto Lotus 9
full

Palm-leaf conical hats and ao dai make up the traditional Vietnamese costume

full

full

full

A woman in ao yem stands out amongst the lotus ‘forest.’

Goh, zal ik toch ook met een geluidsinstallatie door de buurt moeten gaan rijden om reclame als fotograaf te maken. Er is een dergelijke vijver in de buurt van het resort, maar het aantal bloemen viel hard tegen toen ik er de laatste keer langs reed.

Misschien nog een keer op het resort zelf kijken. Ik ken de manager erg goed dus daar valt altijd wel wat mee te regelen: bv. een gratis shoot met zijn vrouw, de kok voor de minority-kinderen.

En gezien de hoeveelheid stof zal een Yem ook niet direct de kosten zijn. O-)

Video of Vietnamese man carrying putative bride on motorcycle trailer provokes criticism

After the excitement ended, unhelmeted men in the footage may face penalties from police By Thai Xuan / Tuoi Tre News

full

A putative bride sits in a trailer pulled by a motorcycle in Dong Nai Province, Vietnam, in this screenshot.

A viral video has surfaced of a formally dressed man carrying his supposed bride on a motorcycle trailer along a highway in southern Vietnam, a strange spectacle that drew mixed reactions.

In the 38-second footage posted on Facebook, an unhelmeted man donning a black suit but no helmet was riding a motorbike while a smiling, bouquet-holding woman believed to be his bride was sitting behind in an unadorned trailer on National Route 20 in Thong Nhat District of Dong Nai, a neighbor of Ho Chi Minh City.

Accompanying the couple were a dozen men on motorcycles, some of whom were yelling along the roadway, and all were wearing no helmets – a behavior that may earn them a fine of VND100,000-200,000 ($4.4-8.8) each in accordance with Vietnamese law.

The video was viewed thousands of times and shared about 1,000 times, and received hundreds of comments, most of which disapproved of the men’s breach of traffic regulations.

“It’s fun but that looked dangerous as these guys weren’t wearing any helmets on the national road,” a comment read.

“It’s exciting. But the fun lessened because the whole pack of guys behind were running in the wrong lane, having no helmets on and shouting loudly like this,” another said.

“What a bunch trying to be impressive! Get ready to have a visit to the police station for putting on no helmets and driving in the wrong lane,” another viewer said.

Police were identifying the men in the video before bringing them in for questioning, an official in Dong Nai told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Tuesday.

Eerlijk gezegd snap ik alle ophef niet. Het in het filmpje (zie de bron) getoonde weggedrag is niet erger dan je hier gewoon in het dagelijkse verkeer ziet. En zonder helm rijden? Ruw geschat doet hier in de omgeving een kwart van de motorrijders dat. En dan reken ik de petjes, punthoedjes en bouvakkershelmen nog niet eens mee… O-)

Origineel is het wel…

Lotusbloemen
==========
Ik ben nog even langs de vijver met de lotusbloemen in de buurt van het resort gereden. En zoals te zien, het houdt niet echt over.

full

Vlakbij, naast wat huizen, zag ik een soort particuliere vijver, met gaas er omheen. Ze willen denkelijk geen taferelen als in de voorgaande posts en .m.n. die van Green Meanie. O-)

full

full

full

Bouw

Weer even een update van de voorgang van de bouwwerken, die de laatste tijd zijn langsgekomen. Van deze twee weet ik nog steeds niet wat het moet gaan worden. Blijft een verrassing.

full

full

De brug begint al aardig op te schieten. Er liggen stalen platen, versterkt met betonijzer over de balken. Even afwachten wat daar bovenop komt.

Snappen doe ik het nog steeds niet.

full

full

Seasons in the sun

Kort geleden is één van de buurtbewoners met zijn motor verongelukt. Het is dan schijnt het een soort traditie hier dat een bandje (ik weet niet hoe ik het anders moet omschrijven: ik heb ze alleen maar gehoord) bij het huis en een aantal wegen er omheen wat speelt.

Blijkbaar staat er voor dit soort gelegenheden maar één nummer op het repertoir: “Seasons in the sun”. Ik heb ze echt niets anders horen spelen.

Het blijft een wat merkwaardige keuze.

Een deel klopt wel”
“Goodbye my friend it's hard to die
When all the birds are singing in the sky
Now that spring is in the air
Pretty girls are everywhere
Think of me and I'll be there”

Maar voor mij –en bijna iedereen op internet- gaat dit over een ter dood veroordeelde. En dan vind ik het toch “wat minder geschikt voor de gelegenheid”.

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan