Vietnam Deel 2

Je hebt gelijk. Ik heb de kop, in combinatie met de foto's, geïnterpreteerd als zijnde "de huidige brug wordt gesloopt". Maar het lijkt er op, dat ze de zaak nog even aan elkaar geplakt proberen te houden tot er iets anders is. Een bundeltje staal op de bodem van de Red River misschien? O-)

Dawn breaks over famed Nha Trang beach

Sunrise is typically the best time to capture the vibrancy of daily life along Tran Phu Beach in central Nha Trang Town.

Dawn 1.jpg

Locals along 12-km Tran Phu Beach, which U.S. News in 2019 listed among the world's top 50.

Nha Trang is well known for its beaches and scuba diving, attracting large numbers of backpackers, more affluent foreign travelers, as well as Vietnamese tourists. Nha Trang Bay is widely considered among the world's most beautiful.

Dawn 2.jpg

Early in the morning or at sunset, you may witness flocks of pigeons swooping over the sand, eager to be fed by passing tourists.

Dawn 3.jpg

People gather on April 2 Square to play sepak takraw, jog or practice yoga.

The sea-side square is one of Nha Trang's most iconic sites. In the afternoon and evening, it serves as a place to meet or even dance for locals and tourists alike.

Dawn 4.jpg

Tourists take a cyclo ride along Tran Phu Street.

Dawn 5.jpg

A sanitation worker serves the Yen Sao pedestrian zone near April 2 Square.

Dawn 6.jpg

Early morning commuters cross Tran Phu Bridge, one of the highlights along Nha Trang's coast. Construction of the bridge finished in 2002.

According to the national urban classification plan for the period 2021-2030, Khanh Hoa is expected to become a municipality under government management, similar to Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phong, Da Nang and Can Tho. Nha Trang is oriented to become an international and national marine tourism urban area and a tourism and commerce hub for Southeast Asia.

Photos by Trung Huynh

Bron: Dawn breaks over famed Nha Trang beach

Tekenend???

Zou dit tekenend zijn voor de gemiddelde bird nest fabriek hier? Wel speakers plaatsen om de buurt te terroriseren met vervormd artificieel vogelgekrijs maar geen geld meer hebben voor –zoals hier- een likje verf?

Tekenend 1.jpg

Je ziet dat verkeerd:
Dat gekrijs is een noodkreet aan die vogels om te komen nestelen zodat later die nestjes van de muur geschraapt kunnen worden om verkocht te worden waarmee dan verf gekocht kan worden om het gebouw verder te kunnen verven. Alleen er is een natuurlijk gegeven dat het aantal vogels bepaald wordt door het aantal aanwezige gevleugelde insecten en die schijnen niet mee te werken :}

Wil je hiermee suggereren dat er binnenkort een extra stel speakers op het dak komt, die de gevleugelde insecten moeten lokken, die op hun beurt als lokmaaltje moeten dienen voor de vogels, die na die noodkreten hun maaltje komen nuttigen zodat ze daarna volgevreten hun nest tegen de muur kunnen plakken zodat...
Misschien kunnen ze gelijk met die nesten ook de eigenaren tegen die muren aan plakken? Het bijbehorend natuurlijk gegeven is simpel: bij gebrek aan behang... :+

Wil je hiermee suggereren dat er binnenkort een extra stel speakers op het dak komt, die de gevleugelde insecten moeten lokken.
Dat insecten lokkend geluid is van een ander kaliber dan die alarmkreet aan de salanganen. Het is hoger en zal zoemend klinken, waarschijnlijk hoger dan dat jij en ik kunnen horen. Wat ook tegenwerkt zijn de waarschijnlijk vergeefse pogingen om de volksgezondheid op te krikken door alle poelen van muggenbederf te dempen waardoor het aanbod aan gevleugelde insecten toch zeker zal afnemen, tot wanhoop van de vogelnestjesverzamelaars.

“Poelen van muggenbederf? Die zijn hier niet. We hebben geen muggen en geen malaria. En Dengue, wat is dat nu weer? Kennen we hier ook niet”
Dit zijn vrij letterlijke antwoorden van mensen uit de buurt toen we bezwaar maakte tegen het blokkeren van sloten. Eén daarvan is dezelfde briljante figuur die het slootwater met dode dieren, ontlasting, pesticiden etc. op zijn moestuin sproeit onder het motto: “je ziet er niets in dus is het goed”.

Tja, één van Minh’s studenten heeft met malaria in het ziekenhuis voor tropische ziekten in Dien Khanh gelegen en op datzelfde moment was in Nha Trang een dengue-epidemie. Ik roep niet voor niets dan mijn honden intelligenter zijn dan een hele reeks bewoners. Onze honden zijn te slim om uit die sloot te drinken.

En @Badgast: dat klopt. Ik zou daarna net als bij vogelnestjes ook dolgraag wat speakerbezitters van de muur afschrapen.

Here's how I cook 'fake' dog meat in Vietnam

Dog 1.jpg

A photo shows the fake dog meat cooked by the story's author. Photo: Duong Tien Dat / Tuoi Tre

When the cool spring breeze starts blowing and it is not too hot to handle, the weather is just perfect to pique my craving for gia cay (fake dog meat).

The dish earns its name as 'fake' dog meat because it uses the same technique of processing dog meat, however, replaces the meat with pork. The culinary techniques behind the dish, the combination of herbs and spices, and the aroma and texture make it worth giving a try.

I opt for three to four short, meaty trotters with pretty firm skin to secure the chewy texture later on. The ratio of meat and fat should be well balanced as one will not want their stew to look oily and taste bland.

Grilling makes a name for gia cay
I put all my faith in a butcher at Giap Nhat Market in Hanoi’s Thanh Xuan District when it comes to cooking gia cay. She always helps me with grilling pettitoes.

Simple as the technique might look, it actually requires chopping each foot into half and then slightly cut each piece into three. It is of importance to use rice straw to grill, giving off a smoky smell and the yellowish umber color for pork skin. The procedure takes time, of course but I am willing to pay a little more, knowing that the final dish will be full of umami and flavors.

Grilling decides the quality of gia cay. The two best ways are over hot charcoal or smoking hot rice straw. For some gia cay enthusiasts, nothing can beat covering trotters with freshly dried rice straw then broiling them. The butcher also helps to chop pig's feet into bite sizes after grilling them in a skilful manner that an amateur like me cannot do.

Pettitoes are shaved to remove burned bits before cleaning thoroughly. Each piece has to consist of skin, lean and fat – well harmonized when the dish is served in small portions.

Meat then is marinated with generous amounts of galangal, fermented rice, turmeric juice, shallot, salt, and shrimp paste for a couple of hours. It tastes even better if meat is left cured in spices overnight.

Good things take time, especially for gia cay.

Flipping it up, not stir-frying
Gia cay is an authentic Vietnamese food with indigenous ingredients and a traditional cooking style.

I heat up my pan, put pork in then flip it well without using oil. Flipping – as my mom stressed time over time – will help to lock up the marinade.

Fresh bamboo shoots, chopped small, have to be washed, rinsed, cooked then marinated with the same spices used for the trotters. I put bamboo shoots into the pan and flip them well with pork for a while. Some old wise men told me that people had just cooked gia cay with bamboo shoots for some 50 years so it must not have been so traditional. I wonder whether it is true or not but my friends like to have bamboo shoots stewed with pork for a lighter, more digestible dish. Many of them even prefer bamboo shoots to pork as those crunchy pieces absorb the soup, making each bite an umami boom.

After a while, I pour water in, just slightly over pork and bamboo shoots, boil it up then reduce heat to stew in about 20 minutes. If one wants it to be a little more tender, keep the pan being stewed in additional 15 minutes.

For me, I love the chewy texture of pork skin, so tempting that I definitely pair it with a cup of rice wine. Eating slowly and having a sip now and then, that is how I enjoy gia cay.

Herbs could not be missed. Thinly sliced green onion and laksa leaves are a must. However, to upgrade the whole culinary experience, gia cay should be eaten with a feast of greens, namely salad, perilla, marjoram, coriander, basil, and cilantro.

A small bunch of vermicelli or some scoops of rice dashed with a spoonful of fatty yellow broth sprinkled with green onion are just too tempting to wait. My taste buds dance happily in the harmony of taste, texture, and fragrance, craving for more and more.

Gia cay used to be an exclusive dish for important events – home parties or death ceremonies when the whole family gathered.

During Tet (Vietnamese Lunar New Year) holiday, some families even have it prepared and frozen for a little festive touch in normal meals.

The dish was generalized and started appearing at some Hanoi local eateries. There are restaurants serving only gia cay with vermicelli, too.

I think, just like me, a lot of people have grown their love for the one and only gia cay.

* This article was first published in Vietnamese at tuoitre.vn under the byline of Vu Thi Tuyet Nhung. Khoa Thu from Tuoi Tre News translated it into English.

Bron: Here's how I cook 'fake' dog meat in Vietnam

Not worth it: laid-off workers shun free vocational education

Workers losing jobs amid the Covid-19 pandemic say the free vocational education on offer does not help them find new jobs. Even though the pandemic has caused unemployment to rise and people are looking for jobs, workers who’ve participated in the government's free vocation education program say it is not effective and a waste of time.

Employees who pay social insurance are eligible to receive vocational training and career counseling free of charge. Each month, students enrolling in the program are supported with VND1 million ($43.42) for vocational training not exceeding six months. This aims to help people who had lost their jobs to acquire skills needed to make a career switch.

Vu Thanh Ha, 22, went to the Ho Chi Minh City Job Service Center at the end of March to complete procedures and access unemployment benefits. After working for four years at a factory in the southern province of Binh Duong, she decided to quit her job at the end of last year and go to the city to find new job opportunities. Once she completed all the paperwork, the employment service center recommended a number of occupations like tailoring and cooking.

Course 1.jpg

Vu Thanh Ha files documents to receive unemployment allowance at the Ho Chi Minh City Job Service Center. Photo by VnExpress/Le Tuyet.

Not interested in the curriculum on offer, Ha ended up using all the money she had saved, around VND20 million ($868), to study professional photography.

Rejecting the free vocational education on offer seems to be the rule rather than the exception. Hundreds of thousands of unemployed workers across the country are choosing not to participate in the free vocational training courses.

HCMC had more than 195,000 people receiving unemployment benefits last year, but less than 7,000 registered for vocational training. In Binh Duong, just 3,000 out of 102,000 registered jobless people were interested in vocational training.

According to data from the national social insurance agency, of more than one million people receiving unemployment benefits nationwide, only 16,000 people have said they need vocational training to change their career paths.

Ngo Xuan Lieu, director of the National Center for Employment under the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs, admitted that the free vocational training program has failed to interest laid-off workers.

He gave several reasons for this. Some institutions were teaching skills for which there was no demand. Also, most of the unemployed are unskilled workers and living difficult lives, so when they lose their jobs, they focus on getting unemployment benefits, not on vocational training, he said.

Not attractive enough
Le Thi Kieu Phuong, director of the HCMC Job Service Center, said that the vocational training support level of VND1 million per month for a maximum of six months was not attractive enough for people to enroll in the program.

Furthermore, many vocational schools have poor facilities and do not offer much choice. Worse still, they do not offer training that matches current labor market needs.

Course 2.jpg

Students, including laid-off workers, attend a vocational training class at the Ho Chi Minh City Job Service Center. Photo by VnExpress/Le Tuyet.

From the recruiters’ side, Nguyen Thi Lien, Deputy General Director of Phong Phu International Joint Stock Company in HCMC's Thu Duc City, said that the training offered is basic.

She said the workers learn more on the job than at a vocational training school, so the question of the courses improving their skills does not arise.

Kieu Ngoc Hoa, human resource director with Samsung Co., Ltd. at the Hi-tech Park in Thu Duc, said that in order for vocational training to be effective, it was necessary to have better partnerships between employment service centers and businesses.

Instead of studying at designated vocational training centers, employees can train on modern equipment and machines directly at the enterprises that need workers. After completing a course, the enterprise can absorb qualified students.

Improved version
Under a recent government decision, starting May 15, the vocational training support for those who lose their jobs will be increased from VND1 million to VND1.5 million per month.

For those undergoing training for less than three months, the support level will be calculated according to the vocational school’s tuition fees and actual study time, not exceeding VND4.5 million ($195.44) per course. For 3-6 month learners, the support level will be calculated by month, tuition fees and actual time of apprenticeship not exceeding VND1.5 ($65) per month.

According to the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs, the new scheme will help curb the current jobless rate because most unskilled workers want to return to the market as soon as possible.

Not worth it: laid-off workers shun free vocational education - VnExpress International

Goh, ik had een soort van vooruitziende blik in Vietnam Deel 2
Of ze gelijk hebben? Geen flauw idee. Ik ken de cursussen niet.
Maar oordeel zelf.

Vliegeren

Tijdens een kort testritje op de motor afgelopen zondag na o.a. het afstellen van kleppen en carburateurs en het monteren van nieuwe voetsteunen kwam ik deze kinderen tegen. Omdat ik niet zeker wist of er geen onderdelen van mijn fiets af zouden vallen had ik naast een bundeltje gereedschap alleen mijn kleine camera bij me.

De enige vlieger, die ik in de lucht heb gezien was van de twee kinderen links op de eerste foto. Maar de jongen reed op een elektrische fiets en het meisje hield de vlieger vast.

Vliegeren 1.jpg

Deze vlieger is van de jongen in het gele T-shirt. Hij vertrouwde het blijkbaar niet zo, want hij wilde met de vlieger weglopen. Maar na het tonen van mijn fototoestel kon ik toch nog een paar foto’s maken.

Vliegeren 2.jpg

Vliegeren 3.jpg

Resort developer has Nha Trang on tenterhooks with explosive site clearance

Explosive 1.jpg

The area on Hon Ro Mountain in Nha Trang Town is seen from above. Photo by VnExpress/Vinh Thanh.

A resort developer in central coast Nha Trang has employed explosives for purposes of site clearance, drawing wide-spread disapproval from stressed out locals.

In the 45-square-meter mountainside home of Dang Quang Huy, 34, growing cracks spread across the walls and subsiding floor of the bedroom, living room and kitchen.
"I don't remember how many times I've repaired my house in the past year since a nearby resort project started triggering quakes and rock falls," he said.

Around 400 meters from Huy's house, the luxury resort project covering 24 hectares, funded by Ho Chi Minh City-based Green World Corporation, was granted an investment license in 2012. Subsequent construction on the Haborizon resort and villa project on Hon Ro Mountain began a year ago.

Explosive 2.jpg

The wall of Dang Quang Huy's house suffers many cracks after the investor of the resort project explodes mines for site clearance, April 2021. Photo by VnExpress/Xuan Ngoc.

Huy said the use of explosives twice a day caused soil and rocks to rain down onto neighborhood roofs, covering everything in a permanent layer of dust. According to him, no resident had been informed about the commencing blasts.

When an explosion would occur, Huy and his wife would rush their two sons outside.
"We have to run from these explosions like during wartime," he complained.

Huy's home was built seven years ago for nearly VND300 million. It collapsed twice due to Typhoon Damrey in 2017 and landslides in 2018. The self-employed family had to then borrow nearly VND100 million to restore the damage.

After informing local authorities and the project investor, and despite an inspection of the impacts on his home, neither solution nor compensation has been suggested. Huy's family is one of 70 households suffering the effects of resort construction.

In the Thanh Phat Village home of Nguyen Van Ngoc, 41, both living room and bedroom walls feature three-centimeter-wide cracks. With the foundation also subsiding, Ngoc has turned to iron and cement for reinforcement. Boulders dislodged by blasting have accumulated around his house.

He and his wife had settled in the area more than 10 years ago, enjoying a humble existence until resort construction disrupted their lives.
"My family has been on tenterhooks thanks to the ongoing explosions," Ngoc stressed, adding the environmental pollution and noise was unbearable.

Trucks carrying soil and rock from the construction site typically pass through the residential area, leaving behind a blanket of dirt. In addition, a ditch was dug to divert wastewater from the construction site down to neighborhoods at the foot of the mountain where many trees have been chopped down, causing a risk of flooding during the onset of torrential rains.
"Many deadly landslides have occurred in Nha Trang. Therefore, during the stormy season, we are extremely worried," Ngoc said.

Pham Van Phi, head of the project management board, said provincial authorities had licensed the unit to employ 64.5 tons of explosives and 20,000 detonators of all kinds to destroy part of the mountain and facilitate construction.

Blasting typically occurs three to four times a week. To date, about 500 kilograms of explosives have been detonated, reduced to 296 kilograms as requested by provincial leaders, Phi said.

The company would work with local authorities to compensate affected families, he said.

Inspecting the site on April 7, Nguyen Tan Tuan, chairman of Khanh Hoa, said, "The investor has ensured safety to minimize the impact on nearby families." However, he asked the investor to check and repair all homes damaged due to construction activities.

Nha Trang in Khanh Hoa Province along the central coast has emerged as a famous beach destination in Vietnam in recent years, resulting in a large wave of property and resort developers flocking to initiate luxury tourism projects.

However, the town is vulnerable to natural disasters like landslides and flooding. At least 17 had been killed in Nha Trang due to landslides triggered by heavy rain caused by the Toraji typhoon in 2018 while 44 died when the
Damrey storm, one of the deadliest typhoons in Vietnam, hit the province in 2017.

Resort developer has Nha Trang on tenterhooks with explosive site clearance - VnExpress International

Dit is al eerder ter sprake gekomen. Ik plaats het omdat op de bovenste foto de plaats te zien is. Voor wie Nha Trang kent: links boven loopt de boulevard en midden boven is de kabelbaan naar het eiland.

"The investor has ensured safety to minimize the impact on nearby families."
Absoluut. Veiligheid staat hier in Vietnam bovenaan de lijst van belangrijke zaken. Iedereen is hier volledig van doordrongen. Elk handelen is daarop gericht. O-)

“However, he asked the investor to check and repair all homes damaged due to construction activities.”
Tuurlijk. Geen enkel probleem. Regelen we onmiddellijk. Hun huizen zullen mooier zijn dan ooit tevoren. Toch?

Ik heb het geheel echt hoofdschuddend zitten lezen. Wat een ongelofelijk geneuzel. En dat alles moet je dan ook nog serieus nemen?

Daarom ben ik wel nieuwsgierig hoe dit afloopt met ploffen en schadevergoedingen. Zal als altijd wel uiterst simpel zijn: het eerste levert geld op en het tweede kost geld. Dus “gok” ik het eerste wel en tweede niet. O-)

Bij de Dalat-wijn een “scherpere” analyse.

Maar het kan nog veel erger. Binnenkort in dit theater.

Verlaten?

De afgelopen week ben ik nog een keer langs de deels afgebroken woningen gereden.

Bij Vietnam Deel 2 waren een paar man bezig om het betonijzer te verzamelen en een beetje recht te slaan. Er stond ook nog een weegschaal (zie de derde foto) dus of ze het spul kochten van de (voormalige??) huiseigenaar…???

Verlaten 19.jpg

Verlaten 20.jpg

Verlaten 21.jpg

Verlaten 22.jpg

Four Thu Duc City bridges unable to bridge the gap (1)

Four bridges in the newly established Thu Duc City are either in limbo for several years or have been suspended following site clearance failures.

Gap 1.jpg

Construction of the Thu Thiem 2 Bridge spanning the Saigon River to link District 1 with District 2 (now part of Thu Duc City) started in 2015. The 1.4 kilometers long, six lane bridge would connect with the Thu Thiem New Urban Area.

Gap 2.jpg

Being built at a cost of nearly VND3.1 trillion ($134.9 million), the project was originally scheduled for completing in 2018. As of last year, work on the project was 70 percent complete but construction on certain sections in District 1 continues to face delays since some of the required land belongs to the Ministry of National Defense.

Gap 3.jpg

The cable-stayed bridge, with its main tower rising 113 meters and leaning towards Thu Thiem, is supposed to become an architectural highlight on the river with an artistic lighting design. Once complete, it will help connect the downtown HCMC with the Thu Thiem New Urban Area and ease traffic congestion at the intersections of Ton Duc Thang-Nguyen Huu Canh streets and Ton Duc Thang-Le Thanh Ton streets in District 1.

However, aside from the land clearance roadblock, the project has also faced issues in verifying both project volume and value with investor Dai Quang Minh Real Estate Investment JSC. For now, related agencies and departments are negotiating the issues with the investor, as directed by the Department of Transport last month.

Gap 4.jpg

The bridge as seen from Ton Duc Thang Street in District 1. Work resumed on Thursday on the bridge after city authorities worked with Dai Quang Minh and others to tackle all issues so that the project can be completed in 2023.

Gap 5.jpg

In 2016, work began on the Nam Ly Bridge on Do Xuan Hop Street at the cost of VND857 billion. It was to replace an old one that had degraded and was too small to meet rising traffic demand. The 450m long, 20m wide bridge over the Rach Chiec Canal was to be completed in 2018, but in 2019, just 39 percent of the work had been done. The project has been put on hold since, awaiting site clearance.

Gap 6.jpg

Building materials rust on the half-finished bridge.

Morgen het slot

Four Thu Duc City bridges unable to bridge the gap (2)

Gap 7.jpg

Wild plants grow around barriers set at the foot of a bridge span. Locals have begun using them to advertise various products and services.

Gap 8.jpg

Some areas beneath the unfinished bridge resemble landfills.

Delays in compensating affected households have been a main roadblock to site clearance for the rest of the project. This, in turn, has happened because the HCMC Department of Natural Resources and the city administration are yet to approve the compensation costs.

Thu Duc City has proposed that higher authorities approve the compensation soon, promising that once it is done, the new city-within-city will finish the site clearance within six months.

Gap 9.jpg

Six kilometers from Nam Ly, the Tang Long Bridge on La Xuan Oai Street is another one that has been languishing after work began in 2017. The 680 meters long bridge over the Trau Trau Canal is meant to replace an old, downgraded one nearby.

Gap 10.jpg

The VND450 billion bridge was to be completed in 2019, but so far, only around 30 percent of the work has been done, site clearance proving to be the stumbling block, yet again.

One issue with this project is related to adjustments in the geological border made by erstwhile District 9 authorities. Now, the project’s management board has said that if Thu Duc City continues the job that District 9 had begun and clears the site soon, the bridge can be completed in 12 months.

Gap 11.jpg

Work on the Long Dai Bridge across the Tac River, a tributary of the Dong Nai River, began in March 2017. Built at a cost of VND353 billion, it was to be completed in two years. But two years after the original deadline, the bridge is far from completion with around 50 percent of the work remaining unfinished. Construction work on the bridge stopped in December, 2018.

Gap 12.jpg

The delay in site clearance has been blamed on disagreements over the compensation.

Thu Duc City was established at the beginning of this year by merging three eastern districts - 2, 9 and Thu Duc. Spread across 211 square kilometers, it houses more than a million people and is expected to contribute 30 percent of the city’s economic growth and 7 percent of the nation's per year.

The city is also expected to function as an innovative urban area, encompassing the hi-tech park in District 9, the university precinct in Thu Duc District, and the new urban area and financial center on Thu Thiem Peninsula in District 2, furthering HCMC’s ambitions of becoming a smart city.

Bron: Four Thu Duc City bridges unable to bridge the gap - VnExpress International

Er wordt wat geld in het water gegooid.
Verder commentaar overbodig, het artikel is helder genoeg.

Four teenagers drown off Cam Ranh beach

People stand on the Long Beach in Cam Ranh Town, Khanh Hoa Province, 2019. Photo by VnExpress/Pham Hoai Thuong.

Drown 1.jpg

Four eighth-grade boys have been confirmed dead after being swept away by strong currents in Cam Ranh in central Vietnam on Sunday.

A group of eight students had gone to the Long Beach, around 10 kilometers from their school in Khanh Hoa Province.

Four of them jumped into the sea when a wave swept them away. The rest of the group spotted the incident and quickly called for help. Local residents managed to drag two of the four victims ashore and transfer them to hospital, where they died.

Several hours later, the body of another student was found, around 10 meters from the beach. On Monday morning, local authorities retrieved the body of the fourth victim.

Le Ngoc Thach, vice chairman of Cam Ranh Town, said local authorities have installed signs along the beach warning about strong waves and rip-currents, and recommended schools not to let their students swim in the area.

Child drownings are not uncommon in Vietnam, with the WHO estimating 11,000 such deaths occur per year.

Four teenagers drown off Cam Ranh beach - VnExpress International

Een helaas bijna letterlijk schoolvoorbeeld van het gezegde: “Als het kalf verdronken is…”.

Om zeker te weten waar dit strand is heb ik even op Google maps gekeken. En jawel, wat ik al dacht. Het strand dat bij de tientallen hotels ligt, die ze bij het vliegveld aan het bouwen zijn. Zie Vietnam Deel 2

Die borden hebben er overigens een jaar geleden wel degelijk gestaan. Zie Vietnam Deel 2
Waren ze weg? "...have installed signs..." klinkt echt als hier en nu.
Waarom zijn ze verdwenen?
Slechte reclame voor de hotels en resorts?
Zou me niets verbazen.

Ook vraag ik me af hoe veilig de zee is voor mensen die wel kunnen zwemmen. De verhalen uit Nederland in de media en die ik hoorde bij de Reddingsbrigade, waar ik een jaar of 10 heb gezwommen, stemmen mij niet vrolijk. Maar dat zal de eigenaren van de hotels ongetwijfeld een rotzorg zijn. Niet hun probleem. Als de kamers maar vol komen.

Die 11.000 is trouwens “een nieuw record”: het vorige aantal genoemde verdrinkingsgevallen was 7.000 per jaar. En nee, ik lees hooguit een enkele keer dat er iets, m.i. veelal op individueel initiatief, op dit gebied gebeurt.

Op school is het belangrijker dat kinderen in de klas leren met een smartphone om te gaan dan leren zwemmen. Kunnen ze tenminste “Help” in het Engels roepen als ze verzuipen. Google Translate etc. is nl. de belangrijkste smoes, ehh…reden, die de kinderen gebruiken om een smartphone te kopen. O-)

Toen ik mijn gedeeltelijke projectplan voor de bouw van een zwembad aan de overheid gaf met de opmerking dat ik stopte vanwegen de pestherrie was er niemand, die heeft gevraagd of ik nog van mening wilde veranderen. Zelfs niet n.a.v. mijn opmerking, dat ik wilde sponsoren.

Mijn commentaar, een stuk minder mild als dat van Paul de Leeuw, zal ik nog wel eens opschrijven. Geloof me, je raakt niet uitsluitend gefrustreerd van de teringherrie hier. Maar van heel veel dingen waar niets of nauwelijks iets aan wordt gedaan. En waar de doden bij bosjes vallen.

Vietnamese woman jailed for propaganda against Party, State on Facebook

A district court in southern Vietnam has sentenced a woman to two years in prison for using social network accounts to subvert the Party and State.

The People’s Court of Binh Thuy District, Can Tho City, on Thursday handed down the jail term on 45-year-old Le Thi Binh, a local resident, for “abusing democratic freedoms to violate the interests of the State, as well as the lawful rights and interests of organizations and individuals,” following the amended 2015 Criminal Code of Vietnam.

As stated in the indictment for the defendant, Binh possessed many Facebook accounts, including 'Binh Le,' 'Le Ngoclan Ct,' 'Ngoc Lan CT Ngoc CT Le,' and 'Anna Nguyen,' and used them as a means to spread wrongful information.

Binh frequently used the Facebook accounts on her Internet-connected mobile phone to host live streams while also publishing and sharing many posts that defamed and offended Party and State bodies and leaders from October 2019 to November 2020.

During their investigation, Binh Thuy police collected and seized a lot of evidence related to Binh’s offenses, including 47 video clips shared on her Facebook accounts.

All the posts Binh uploaded to Facebook were aimed at propagandizing reactionary thinking and viewpoints, maligning Party and State agencies and leaders, and even abolishing the country’s current political regime, according to the indictment.

The woman took advantage of the right to freedom of speech to publish posts and video clips with contents opposing the Party and State, which undermined the people’s trust in the Party and State leadership, the indictment said.

Binh's acts infringed laws, violated the State’s interests as well as the legitimate rights and interests of organizations and individuals, and adversely affected social order and security, the court concluded.

Bron: Vietnamese woman jailed for propaganda against Party, State on Facebook

Duidelijk waaom ik… :X :X :X
En ook waarom ik niets met FB heb?
Alles van een bronvermelding voorzie (al zegt dat niets: artikelen verdwijnen soms).

Ofwel, het ondanks "the right of freedom" klagen over de teringherrie kan ongetwijfeld ook worden opgevat als… O-)
En dat lijntje zou best eens heel dun kunnen zijn. Dat ondanks het feit dat op meerdere plaatsen actie wordt ondernomen, zoals HCM en Da Nang.

Maar dat is daar en ik woon hier.

Weg (voor) gebruikers (3)

Begin dit jaar postte ik wat foto’s van een schitterend geasfalteerd stukje weg in the middle of nowhere. Zie Vietnam Deel 2

Een paar dagen geleden reed ik er weer eens langs en zowaar, men is er bezig.

Weg 1a.jpg

Het lijkt er op dat de slordig op elkaar geplakte stenen de afscheiding voor een serie bouwkavels vormen.

Weg 2.jpg

Misschien zijn dit plaatsen voor de mensen, die vanwege de nieuwe weg vóór het resort langs uit hun huizen moeten.

Weg 3.jpg

Voorlopig kan de weg nog mooi worden gebruikt voor het drogen van de rijst.

Weg 4.jpg

Weg 5.jpg

En door jouw gulle bijdrage konden ze al gelijk als eerste de lantaarns (-en?) neerzetten!
Ben benieuwd wat ze er nu gaan bouwen, lijkt mij dat als ze dat als fundering gaan gebruiken, ze toch eerst de boel eerst moeten afvlakken.

Ik heb mijn grote twijfels of daar ook maar één dong van mij voor gebruikt is.
Officieel was het ook voor een andere weg. O-)

Afvlakken? Waarvoor?

Ik denk dat ze gewoon per huis wat graven om daar een soort van fundering in te leggen. Zo gaat het hier meestal.
Zelf had ik ook gewoon het gehele stuk glad gemaakt en vervolgens de weg aangelegd. Maar ja...

Ik zal er nog eens langs rijden en zien of men al met bouwen is begonnen.

Security screening overload adds to Tan Son Nhat airport woes

Security 1.jpg

Crowds of people are spotted waiting for security screening at the Tan Son Nhat Airport in HCMC, April 17, 2021. Photo by VnExpress/Huu Khoa.

The inability of security screening to keep pace with passenger influx added to recent overcrowding at HCMC's Tan Son Nhat International Airport.

The airport's screening capabilities in lobbies A and B can handle over 3,300 passengers an hour, the Airports Corporation of Vietnam (ACV) said Monday. But since around April 14, the number of passengers at the airport has increased beyond that threshold, especially in the morning hours.

On April 17 for example, over 5,100 passengers were present between 6 and 7 a.m., causing overcrowding, it said.

To resolve the issue, the ACV has requested Tan Son Nhat to open its security screening systems to their maximum capacity and increase the number of employees to help passengers with medical declarations and security checks. During Vietnam's incoming Reunification Day holiday on April 30, which will last four days plus the weekend, the airport is expected to receive a large number of passengers. It is thus requested to ensure traffic flow between security screening areas of lobbies A and B, among other measures.

Another reason that factors into the airport’s recent overcrowding issue is a random-check policy on 10 percent of passengers, said Dinh Viet Thang, head of the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV). As such, the CAAV has requested that random check durations be reduced from one minute 30 seconds to only 30 seconds, Thang said.

The airport, the biggest in Vietnam, expects to see around 44 flights an hour during the Reunification Day holiday, a typical heightened flight frequency during holidays and festivals. Solutions to deal with the increased number of flights include reserving a part of Tan Son Nhat's international terminal, which has seen few arrivals due to pandemic prevention measures, to serve as a domestic hub and diverting some flights in the morning to the afternoon, among others.

Tan Son Nhat’s domestic terminal has frequently been overcrowded over the past week, forcing passengers to queue up for hours. Between April 14 and 19, the airport saw up to 80,000 passengers a day, according to its own statistics.

Bron: Security screening overload adds to Tan Son Nhat airport woes - VnExpress International

Goh, misschien beter een vlucht eerder nemen? O-) :+

Het kost al jaren veel tijd (in mijn herinnering 30-60 minuten) maar zoals dit heb ik zelf gelukkig nog niet meegemaakt. En zelfs ik moet toegeven, dat de mensen over het algemeen best wel redelijk doorwerken.

Of de procedure zelf versneld kan worden, geen idee. Wat ik zie (zo uit het hoofd) is dat het visum wordt opgezocht en bekeken, het paspoort wordt gescand (geen idee welke pagina(‘s)), een stempel met datum wordt gezet en deze wordt geparafeerd.

Al denk ik dat ik bij wat nauwkeurig analyseren… O-)

En ja, het kan net.
Ze kunnen 3.300 passagiers per uur verwerken.
Er komen er 80.000.
Wegwerken kost dus 80.000 / 3.300 = 24 uur. O-)
Toeval? :+

HELIOS

Ho Chi Minh City police to fine people over noise pollution from May 23

Noise 1.jpg

Employees of a store in Binh Chanh District, Ho Chi Minh City use a loudspeaker to advertise their products. Photo: Minh Anh / Tuoi Tre

Bron: https://tuoitrenews.vn/news/society...e-over-noise-pollution-from-may-23/60600.html

Jawel, ook voor deze ellende worden die kisten gebruikt.

“Hoan asserted that the penalization should be based on Government Decree No. 167, while measuring noise levels is not necessary.”
Wat zou het leuk zijn als men eens een keer concistent was in de berichtgeving. Nu is meten ineens niet meer nodig. Zie het decree op Decree 167/2013/NĐ-CP of Government date issued 12/11/2013

Ik zie het al voor me:
  • De controleur steekt de wijsvinger in zijn mond en houdt die omhoog om snelheid en sterkte van de door de speakers verplaatste lucht te bepalen
  • Vervolgens steekt hij zijn duim in zijn mond, zuigt er even op en weet het bedrag van de boete.
O-) :+
Werkt denkelijk even goed als vragen of het een streepje zachter kan.

Alleen spreekt men nu ineens weer over “10:00 pm and 6:00 am”, terwijl eerder wel degelijk ook tijden tussen 6:00 am en 10:00 pm zijn genoemd. Tja, dan kan ik het schudden, want hier is het tussen 22:00 en 06:00 meestal wel zo goed als stil, omdat iedereen hier vroeg op moet.

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan