Yamaha xj 900f carburator

Ceco1

Rookie
28 jan 2021
Hi all. Sorry for my English. I need a person who can fix my carburators. In Amsterdam or 40-50 km around. My Yamaha project is death. I play a lot with carb screws and now i have non running bike. 😁

First off, give a more detailed description what you did to your bike and carburators. Was it running alright before you fidled with some screws? What are the symptoms of the problems (perhaps specify them in different stages of the project/fuck-ups).

Furthermore it is indeed customary to introduce oneself, and it may also help to react In a different way.

Thanks man. I will try to explain without Google translate ..
My name is Tsvetomir. I am Bulgarian who lives in the Netherlands.
Last year i bought old yamaha xj900f. Then i decided to make my own project. Something like City tracker. Engine was running very good until i put pods. Then trouble began. I left this project for few months. Then i found an original airfilter box. I put it back. But engine was running very bad. Then i started to play with carb screws and to clen carbs by myself. And now engine is totally dead.

Bijlagen

• IMG_20200818_165924.jpg
    IMG_20200818_165924.jpg
    357,5 KB · Weergaven: 6
  • IMG_20200818_170027.jpg
    IMG_20200818_170027.jpg
    205,7 KB · Weergaven: 20
  • IMG_20200818_165935.jpg
    IMG_20200818_165935.jpg
    354,6 KB · Weergaven: 8
  • IMG_20200818_170016.jpg
    IMG_20200818_170016.jpg
    349,1 KB · Weergaven: 10
Thanks man. I will try to explain without Google translate ..
My name is Tsvetomir. I am Bulgarian who lives in the Netherlands.
Last year i bought old yamaha xj900f. Then i decided to make my own project. Something like City tracker. Engine was running very good until i put pods. Then trouble began. I left this project for few months. Then i found an original airfilter box. I put it back. But engine was running very bad. Then i started to play with carb screws and to clen carbs by myself. And now engine is totally dead.
if you can, use the airbox. lot of topics here say that engine's run bad without.
you should check the fuel tank for rust and clean the carbs, removing the needles with the small holes.

if you are looking for help, if you pay or not , you could consider reacting in a nicer way.
good luck and hope your problem gets solved.

i would really recommend that you take some fuel from the fuel tap , in to a glass jar and let it sit for some hours.

if you see brown dust on the bottom there is rust in the tank and therefore in the rest of the system.

then you will need another tank or you can coat the inside of the tank with something like tank cure .
usually i ask 150 euro's for just the work , and i would rather not do it at all.
then the whole system needs to be cleaned .

If all that is done the bike needs to be set up for those silly filters and totally unsilenced exhaust, normally this bike has 2 exhaustsmufflers , now it has 2 big holes .
another 300 euro's for someone willing but especially capable of setting up your carbs.

i really only can say that it is the previous owner who has ruined this bike with those filters and exhaust, the rest is a matter of taste so not important.
leaving a bike stand still with the current E10 fuel for a few months is a recipe for disaster.

This will need rejetting of the carburettors, which is usually a paid job because it takes knowledge and skills to do it properly. You should see the engine as an air pump, changing either the inlet side (carburettors, airbox, airfilter, etc.) or the outlet side (headers, exhausts, baffles, etc.) will require rejetting the carburettor(s) to ensure the air fuel mixture is correct... at different throttle positions and engine loads too.

See where this is going? Tuning a modern 4 stroke motorcycle with vacuum carburettors is a fickle beast. My advice would be to either invest in professional help, make it stock again or accept that it will run like ass.

Maybe you can copy someone else's custom setup (if the parts used match, obviously) and get an acceptable running bike again.

Now bike is without this pods. I found original airfilterbox anf i place it back with much much efforts. Fuel tank is slean. Bike needs carb cleaning and somebody to make adjustments same like from factory.

Now bike is without this pods. I found original airfilterbox anf i place it back with much much efforts. Fuel tank is slean. Bike needs carb cleaning and somebody to make adjustments same like from factory.
The positions of the mixture screw is noted in the service manual of your bike.
You can find the original jetting as well. However, be aware that this is specified for an original setup, so it may not work with the current exhaust.

Before you start tuning the mixture make sure the carbs are clean. You can easily clean them yourself.

You also mentioned that it is “Dead” does it not turnover while pressing the starter? Or does it, but it won’t start?

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan