Goedendag from So Cal

NoExpert

MF'er
25 mei 2016
Ontario, CA 91762
Hello, my name is Joshua, I'm 38 years old and live in Ontario, CA. I'm hoping you'll excuse my use of English on the forum since as of now I don't know any Dutch. My wife and I are discussing moving to Europe (she's from Europe), and The Netherlands are pretty high on our list of places to move to. Hoping to learn more about the country, culture, and people and I figure a good way to do that would be while discussing something in common, such as motorcycles.

More about me, I bought my first bike when I was 24, a new 2002 Suzuki GSX-R600. I picked it up Christmas Eve 2001 so it was my present to myself. In September 2005 a car hit me and totaled the bike. I decided to step back from motorcycles for a bit until late May 2014 I bought a new 2014 Yamaha R6. January 2015 I hit something in the road and slid into a guard rail at about 80 kph, the bike was totaled. My dealer had some great prices on left over 2014 models so early February 2015 I picked up a new 2014 Yamaha R1 for about $4500 below retail (less than what I paid for the R6). Since acquiring it I've been slowly making changes as I can afford to.

I know there's another member here making big changes to his 2006 R1 SP (we chatted briefly on another forum) so I feel like I'm in the right place.

Looking forward to talking with you and possibly meeting up with some of you when we visit The Netherlands next spring/summer.

The bike a couple weeks ago before getting new case covers and silicone hoses:
IMG_0082.JPG

Laatst bewerkt:
Dank je for the welcomes. I'll sort out my icon in a little bit, just need to get my laptop out.

I may put in a photo though if I'm not happy with the results I get. Thank you again.

Laatst bewerkt:
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan