Honda Hornet CB600f 2005 does not start

Cloud23

Rookie
17 jul 2020
Hi all, a week ago I bought my first bike (used). It's in good condition, had a big service 3000km ago and I did not have any issues. Then after a few days it fell to its left side inside my garage (classic beginner). After that I could not start it. The next day I could start it with pressing the starter button for a long time. Now I cannot start it anymore and it makes a weird sound (see video). the choke is on and electricity works as far as the different lights are working. does anyone have an idea what the issue is? Cheers

No not yet, my friend will come over tomorrow, who knows more about bikes and will probably check all these things. But I thought it's good to ask if someone experienced that with a CB600f and has a solution ready

If it fell, it could be so many things imo... so best to check the basics to see if at-least those things work. (Does it get gass and is there ignition)

I bet one of those is off though... if you know which one, you could test down the line until you find the problem.
Might be a pump, might be an ignition coil, hell, it might be as simple as the fuel tap that got smacked.

But maybe someone has a better idea though, not an expert in any way.

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan