Troy Bayliss: No Comeback "I'm Retired And I'm Happy"

ShoTo

Die hard MF'er
18 nov 2003
Twente
Troy Bayliss: No Comeback - "I'm Retired And I'm Happy"

The dream is over. The millions of Ducati fans around the world who have had such a tough year in 2010, seeing Michel Fabrizio and Noriyuki Haga struggle with the Ducati 1198R, the rumors that three-time World Champion Troy Bayliss would make a return to World Superbikes were as if their prayers had been answered. The rumors had been rumbling since the beginning of the year, but when Bayliss tested the Ducati at Mugello earlier this year, breaking the Superbike record at the track, Bayliss himself started fueling the rumors, commenting that he was giving a comeback serious consideration.

But in a press conference held at Misano, given during the World Ducati Week festival, Bayliss shocked the assembled press by announcing that he is still officially retired, and that he intends to stay that way permanently. The comeback he had prefigured was now completely off the cards, and Bayliss had made his peace with retirement.

So what changed the Australian's mind? It was rediscovering that riding a motorcycle competitively can bring bad times, as well as good. At Mugello, Bayliss told the press, everything had gone perfectly, and he had thoroughly enjoyed himself, rekindling the fire for racing again. But at Misano, he had spent a day filled with frustration, trying to get the Ducati to work around the track, and going nowhere. "That's when it hit me, and it was hard things like that that I didn't miss about racing," he said. That experience completely changed the Australian's mind, and he decided on Friday night that it was over. His future now was simple: "I'm retired and I'm happy," Bayliss said.

BRON

Ik hoop maar dat hij ook echt happy is dan dat verdiend deze held zeker,
Of zou het de werkwijze zijn bij Ducati wat hem niet aan staat met de nieuwe team structuur.
Mocht dat zo zijn dan zien we hem misschien wel net zoals M. Schumacher bij een compleet ander merk z,n comeback maken?
Wie weet als opvolger van Corser bij BMW met zijn gedeeltelijke vroegere team bij Ducati olv. Tardozi.
We zullen zien :)

Laatst bewerkt:
Bayliss weet schijnbaar niet zo goed wat-ie wil: wel een comeback, geen comeback, toch, nee toch niet... Wel leuk om te zien dat hij het rijden nog steeds zo goed kan én zo leuk vindt, jammer dat-ie het toch de moeite niet meer vindt om er echt voor te gaan vechten. Drievoudig wereldkampioen, heeft z'n strepen verdiend, ik zou 'm haast zeggen om toch echt een andere racesport te gaan doen. :P

Jammer maar begrijpelijk, het racen kent ook een minder positieve kant die je alleen aankunt als je écht 100% gemotiveerd bent. Iemand als Bayliss hoeft zich niet meer te bewijzen en zou dan alleen meedoen omdat 'ie het nog kan, en omdat 'ie het nog leuk vindt. Logisch dat 'ie het dan toch maar laat schieten zodra hij de negatieve, frustrerende zijde weer ontdekt heeft. Neemt niet weg dat het heel erg jammer is.

Mooi zo, kunnen we dat boek ook EINDELIJK afsluiten.

Verder niks op Bayliss tegen hoor, maar dat eeuwige gespeculeer over welles, nietes |(

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan