New in The Netherlands, What about exhaust?

stkr

Stkr is the real nickname :S
12 apr 2023
Hi everyone,

I'm here in The Netherlands since few months, and tomorrow I will go to Spain to bring my Motorbike (Triumph Street Triple RS), so, I hope I could make some routes here ^^

I have several question about traffic, like the velocity that it's 100 since 6 to 19, isn't it? But my most important question is the following:

i will come with the original exhaust, but i have an SC project CRT that i want to put a big DBKiller to make less noise. I just saw several motorbikes that sound soooo good, and they are the same like full line exhaust. Is here any kind of law for the motorbike's sound?

Here I put a photo of my motorbike ^^

Thanks for the replies!!

Bijlagen

• IMG_20210623_165954 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210623_165954 (1).jpg
    404,6 KB · Weergaven: 63
  • IMG_20210623_165945.jpg
    IMG_20210623_165945.jpg
    352,6 KB · Weergaven: 69
Well, first of all, thanks for your replies... Second one, I'm done hahahaha, because I don't think that, even I put a good dbkiller, I can get this limit in the SC project exhaust... Well , I will look if I will sell it or what.

Thanks ^^

Welcome to the Netherlands, which area are you living?

The Netherlands sucks to drive, just keep it in Spain. You have far more opportunities to drive there. Just visit spain every now and then. Dutch guys are also doing this a lot_O-

• Leuk
Waarderingen: stkr
Welcome to the Netherlands, which area are you living?

The Netherlands sucks to drive, just keep it in Spain. You have far more opportunities to drive there. Just visit spain every now and then. Dutch guys are also doing this a lot_O-
hahaha it's true! In Spain they have a lot of routes with beautiful curves, but! work and live bring me, and my gf, here, and it's a wonderful country (if you remove the weather xDDD).
We are living close to Leiden but I will search this secrets curves, and if there aren't here, I will go to wherever hehehe

Like everywhere , you have the rules, and how the rules are followed.

If you do not go "nuts" and be annoying ( get complaints ) , you can be quite a bit louder then the books say,
and nobody will bother you.

However.. in the bigger city's they can be a bit more strict , outside that.. nobody really cares at all unless you give people ear bleeds .
Also in some city's they actually have a way to check your dB , but not many have that, and even less are certified to do so. ( law enforcement )

Technical.. a louder pipe is not allowed, practical.. not many give a shit as long your not being a dick with it or are unlucky and run
into a big check. ( who are rare as hell for motorbikes )

Don't be to nervous about it ;p

Technical.. a louder pipe is not allowed, practical.. not many give a shit as long your not being a dick with it or are unhappy and run
into a big check. ( who are rare as hell for motorbikes )
Understood... so I can modify my SC, to avoid the most of the noise, and it would be without problems? so good! Thx dude! I hope I can see you on the roads ^^

Understood... so I can modify my SC, to avoid the most of the noise, and it would be without problems? so good! Thx dude! I hope I can see you on the roads ^^

The chances that you get into trouble about it are small, but not impossible.

Most of "us" local drives take the risk, you will find some , also in this topic, who are quite militant about
exhaust sounds.

Well, every place got there own Greta Thunberg's .. we also got a few around here ;p ;p

It is always your own choice, but as long your not obnoxious loud , nobody gives a shit .... including the cops unless
they look for a reason or your drawing attention.
( he who asks for attention, gets attention )

See you around, and yes, i will be driving around with better sounding pipes :)
( now i think of it.. i never had a bike with stock pipes ... :) )

Hi everyone,

I'm here in The Netherlands since few months, and tomorrow I will go to Spain to bring my Motorbike (Triumph Street Triple RS), so, I hope I could make some routes here ^^

I have several question about traffic, like the velocity that it's 100 since 6 to 19, isn't it? But my most important question is the following:

i will come with the original exhaust, but i have an SC project CRT that i want to put a big DBKiller to make less noise. I just saw several motorbikes that sound soooo good, and they are the same like full line exhaust. Is here any kind of law for the motorbike's sound?

Here I put a photo of my motorbike ^^

Thanks for the replies!!
Isn't there any kind of law in your own country regarding regulations about the motor and their noises though?
In any country there are regulations, and silencers are just one of them. The question should be if there is any control of it...
To be sure in any circumstances, just ride with the stock exhaust and you will not cause any disturbance in nature and to other people.
Just because of only the fact that we are small and very crowded, and don't want to cause illegal sounds.

my 2 cents; why would you travel around and cause noise disturbance, while having a SC Project on your bike/travel..?
If I travel around other countries, I should drive as neat as I could do, don't cause trouble in any way.

well, thanks to everyone for the answers, I appreciate them because I really want to use the exhaust in my motorbike and... you know, very expensive exhaust, very NICE sound, and without knowing anything to do. I will take the risks but not now, in a 2 or 3 month (I hope xD)

If someone know some routes, I will go with, if you want to xD

Isn't there any kind of law in your own country regarding regulations about the motor and their noises though?
In any country there are regulations, and silencers are just one of them. The question should be if there is any control of it...
To be sure in any circumstances, just ride with the stock exhaust and you will not cause any disturbance in nature and to other people.
Just because of only the fact that we are small and very crowded, and don't want to cause illegal sounds.

my 2 cents; why would you travel around and cause noise disturbance, while having a SC Project on your bike/travel..?
If I travel around other countries, I should drive as neat as I could do, don't cause trouble in any way.
I will do the trip with the original exhaust, I mean, it's true that in my country we have laws for regulation noise, and they put a lot of fines, but here I think, I never saw a motorbike without an beautiful noise. Not aggressive, but beautiful yes.

A few more things to consider:

Will you be here for holiday or permanently?
Importing the bike or “just” using Spanish plates?

If you’re becoming a resident there are other aspects to consider besides just not being too noisy to your neighbours.

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan