New in The Netherlands, What about exhaust?

stkr

Stkr is the real nickname :S
12 apr 2023
Hi everyone,

I'm here in The Netherlands since few months, and tomorrow I will go to Spain to bring my Motorbike (Triumph Street Triple RS), so, I hope I could make some routes here ^^

I have several question about traffic, like the velocity that it's 100 since 6 to 19, isn't it? But my most important question is the following:

i will come with the original exhaust, but i have an SC project CRT that i want to put a big DBKiller to make less noise. I just saw several motorbikes that sound soooo good, and they are the same like full line exhaust. Is here any kind of law for the motorbike's sound?

Here I put a photo of my motorbike ^^

Thanks for the replies!!

Bijlagen

• IMG_20210623_165954 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210623_165954 (1).jpg
    404,6 KB · Weergaven: 63
  • IMG_20210623_165945.jpg
    IMG_20210623_165945.jpg
    352,6 KB · Weergaven: 69
A few more things to consider:

Will you be here for holiday or permanently?
Importing the bike or “just” using Spanish plates?

If you’re becoming a resident there are other aspects to consider besides just not being too noisy to your neighbours.
Yes, I will be here permanently and I know that I need to change my plate, didn't I?
And of course, I will take in consideration the neighbours, I don't want to annoy all of them xDDD If I'm honest, I really like the experience here in the Netherlands.

Like everywhere , you have the rules, and how the rules are followed.

If you do not go "nuts" and be annoying ( get complaints ) , you can be quite a bit louder then the books say,
and nobody will bother you.

However.. in the bigger city's they can be a bit more strict , outside that.. nobody really cares at all unless you give people ear bleeds .
Also in some city's they actually have a way to check your dB , but not many have that, and even less are certified to do so. ( law enforcement )

Technical.. a louder pipe is not allowed, practical.. not many give a shit as long your not being a dick with it or are unlucky and run
into a big check. ( who are rare as hell for motorbikes )

Don't be to nervous about it ;p
Unfortunately that attitude is the issue and the lack of law enforcement maintaining the rules does not help also. This attitude has caused several roads to be closed for motorbikes in NL and more to follow if we do not change our approach. I hope that enough people will see what the consequences are of their actions before it is too late. People that are screaming loud pipes saves lives and the lot apparently live somewhere under a rock and do not know what the impact is. Those people should not drive on nice dikes, should not go to Zandvoort or Scheveningen and stay in the province where apparently everybody like the excessive noise of bikes and cars right? 🤪

If i look on the SC project site it says "For racing use only" at most of these small silencers. The db levels are too high to be used on public roads. (Although most tracks also do not allow these silencers)

In the Netherlands they are getting more and more serious about loud bikes. If you get caught (and there's a high chance nowadays) You probably get a "WOK melding" and have to get the bike re-inspected. Next to the huge fine you will get. The bike is then deemed non road worthy and you gotta return it back to stock; and then get it checked out by the government.

As i said, we also have our Greta's ;p
This is not about Greta, Nature will be nature with or without exhaust fumes. This is about liveability on a small piece of surface with a lot of people. The more people the more rules. Or eventually chaos will break out. I think nobody wants that right?
If you like no rules, you might want to consider moving to the outback of Australia or Canada. Probably you can make a lot more noise there before anybody will start complaining.

If i look on the SC project site it says "For racing use only" at most of these small silencers. The db levels are too high to be used on public roads. (Although most tracks also do not allow these silencers)

In the Netherlands they are getting more and more serious about loud bikes. If you get caught (and there's a high chance nowadays) You probably get a "WOK melding" and have to get the bike re-inspected. Next to the huge fine you will get. The bike is then deemed non road worthy and you gotta return it back to stock; and then get it checked out by the government.
If you want to race on Zandvoort with your bike there are strict sound limitations. When your bike produces more you will be removed from the track immediately. With those "race only" exhaust you cannot race on the NL tracks. They are too loud. The same for the SC Projects exhaust :-)

As i said, we also have our Greta's ;p

He does have a valid point though, as much as I like the sound of a motorcycle. Our little country is getting more crowded by the day.

On itself, a loud pipe is no problem at all. I've never encountered people that did. Third gear going fifty when "needed". O-)

It's the guys that are seeking the wrong kind of attention that killed the positive sentiment.

A few more things to consider:

Will you be here for holiday or permanently?
Importing the bike or “just” using Spanish plates?

If you're becoming a resident there are other aspects to consider besides just not being too noisy to your neighbours.
I will be here permanently, or that I want to. And yes, I know that I need to change my plate. That make me a question, where can I go to do that? only with go to a garage to make the inspection, they will make it? or I need to go to another place?

And of course, I don't want to annoy all my neighbours, that the thing I want to do a good DBkiller for cut, at least, the half of the noise.

You haven't been here long yet have you ...
nope... hahahaha only a few months, but at the moment, I prefer that to Spain (if we don't take the weather into consideration xD)

I will be here permanently, or that I want to. And yes, I know that I need to change my plate. That make me a question, where can I go to do that? only with go to a garage to make the inspection, they will make it? or I need to go to another place?

Here's all the information that you need.

I will do the trip with the original exhaust, I mean, it's true that in my country we have laws for regulation noise, and they put a lot of fines, but here I think, I never saw a motorbike without an beautiful noise. Not aggressive, but beautiful yes.
Never saw a motorbiek with a beatifull noise? Think my bike will surprise you with the stock exhaust ;-)
Nothin' better than a 6 cilinder.
But I'll guess that you really do understand what some of us will try to mention. And some others are some brainless assholes...
Just think about being a neat rider, or a jerk-off who doesn't care about others and inhibitants.

Wish you a good enjoyful stay.

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan