Wintertesten 2010-2011

WSBK: Kawasaki completes another 3 days of testing at Aragon

With Aprilia and Yamaha set to do their testing at Phillip Island, six teams (Honda Ten Kate, both BMW teams, DFX Borciani, Alstare Suzuki and Supersonic Ducati who’ll be testing at Portimao today and tomorrow, the Kawasaki team just finished another three days of intense testing at the Spanish circuit of Aragon, after last month’s unofficial test.

Tom Sykes and test rider Katsuaki Fujiwara continued testing the new 2011 Ninja, with Sykes working on lap times and set-up, with a best lap of 1’58.5, while Fujiwara tried out some new parts. Also present were the other two official riders Chris Vermeulen and Joan Lascorz, who still are working on regaining fitness, even if Lascorz did a couple of laps at the Losail track in Qatar earlier this month for the world launch of the ZX-10R.

Tom Sykes: “We were pleased with the test and to be this close to the front at this stage was promising. Overall we had a good understanding of the complete package and we got through quite a few things. Finding a good base setting was the main objective, but at the end we also tried something a bit different on the bike, and again found quite a significant improvement. Overall, I am very pleased with the way things went.”

Toseland set for BMW Italia outing in Portugal

James Toseland, Ruben Xaus and Joan Lascorz are among those to embark on the latest round of the World Superbike testing in Portugal and Spain.
While Yamaha and Aprilia have travelled across the world to sample its latest developments in Australia, several of its World Superbike rivals will remain in Europe to conduct its own testing.

Starting today [Monday], BMW Italia will appear in WSBK guise for the first time with James Toseland and Ayrton Badovini on the S1000RR alongside factory riders Leon Haslam and Troy Corser.

Having maintained a low profile since the final round of the 2010 World Superbike Championship in France, Ten Kate Honda will also be present in Portugal with Jonathan Rea returning from injury, while newly-signed Ruben Xaus will get his first taste of the CBR1000RR.

Also in attendance will be the PATA Aprilia of Noriyuki Haga, Michel Fabrizio on the Suzuki Alstare and Maxime Berger on the Supersonic Ducati. Aprilia's test team will also participate.

Meanwhile, Kawasaki has decided to avoid its rivals in favour of testing at Almeria, with Tom Sykes being joined for the first time by Joan Lascorz, the Spaniard returning to action after being sidelined for three months with injury.

bron: crash.net

Toseland gets first taste of BMW

James Toseland has completed his first ever laps onboard the BMW S1000RR at a wet and cold Portimao this morning.

The two time WSB champion rode the BMW test team’s bike in preparation for his future with the new BMW Motorrad Italia squad he will ride for in 2011.

Despite the poor conditions, Toseland was able to gain an initial impression of the bike and start important relationship building with his new team.

Speaking exclusively to MCN after returning from his second exit on track, he said: “It feels good especially given the conditions. I haven’t ridden at all since the final race at Magny Cours so it’s nice to be back on a bike.

“I just want to get a feel for things but my initial impression is that the engine is strong, the balance is good and it’s agile.

"It’s obviously early days and because of the rain I’m only riding at about 80%, but it still gives me a chance to learn the bike and start to understand how my new team works.”

Toseland was joined on track by factory BMW men Leon Haslam and Troy Corser plus Ten Kate Honda man Jonathan Rea who is riding for the first time since having the pin removed from his wrist and new Honda signing Ruben Xaus.

Noriyuki Haga (Pata Aprilia), Alex Hoffman (Aprilia test team) and Michel Fabrizio (Alstare Suzuki) are also present at the two day test.

toseland.jpg

bron: MCN

Laatst bewerkt:
Camier continues preparations for 2011 season

Ahead of the start of his second season in the World Superbike Championship, British rider Leon Camier has travelled to Phillip Island, Australia for pre-season testing. The 24 year old and his factory Aprilia team begin a three day test on November 30th.

Leon, who has been training in Monaco with professional cyclists Tom Boonen, Stuart O'Grady and Richie Porte as part of his ongoing winter regime, is looking forward to making progress with his Championship winning team, being the first time he has had the opportunity to try new 2011 parts.

"We've got a lot of things to try, which is encouraging. We want to continue work on ergonomics so I can see if I can get more comfortable on the bike; we should have a new tank and a couple of other parts to test. We're going to look at electronics because although we made a step forward at the last test, there's more to come. I've also got some new things with my riding that I've been trying with Keith Code at the California Superbike School that I want to continue to work on. If we get to a point where we're happy we've found a good way forward then I'll start to push for lap times. I don't really use tests to go for one or two quick laps, I'm there to work on overall race pace."

All the signs for a successful test come after a very strong showing at Motorland Aragon four weeks ago. The 2009 British Superbike Champion hadn't ridden properly for 3 months and was still recovering from his broken scaphoid, so used the test to learn the track whilst continuing to build up strength in his wrist. Nevertheless he still managed to finish just 0.7 seconds behind his teammate Max Biaggi, the newly crowned Champion.

Following the test Leon will remain in Australia to train with MotoGP rider Casey Stoner, before returning to Monaco to continue training with Boonen, O'Grady and Porte. He then returns back to Australia in February for an official WSB test and the first round of the 2011 season on the 27th.

leon_camier_aragon_test_october_2010.jpg

bron: worldsbk

Rain falls mainly on Portugal plain

Rain was the disturbing factor on today's first day of private Superbike team testing at the Portimao circuit in Portugal. While Yamaha and Aprilia are starting to test at Phillip Island in Australia, Honda Ten Kate (Jonathan Rea and Ruben Xaus), Suzuki Alstare (Michel Fabrizio), BMW Motorrad (Leon Haslam and Troy Corser), BMW Italia (James Toseland) and Aprilia DFX-Borciani (Noriyuki Haga) were all hoping to put in some dry weather testing in southern Europe over the next couple of days.

But today's session was somewhat of a washout as the riders could only manage to piece together three or four laps before being interrupted by showers, which did not allow the track to dry out.

Today's action however did see Ruben Xaus get to grips with his Ten Kate Honda for the first time since signing for the Dutch team, while James Toseland had an opportunity to ride the BMW test-team bike while his BMW Italia machine is being prepared (Images: Kel Edge Photography).

The Ducati Supersonic squad have also taken down their new signing Maxime Berger to Portimao but the Frenchman did not go out on to the track today.

The laps times were all around the high 1.57"/ 1.58" mark, with Honda's Jonathan Rea clocking the best of the day ahead of Haslam and Corser.

Tomorrow hopefully conditions will improve for the second and final day of testing.

toseland.jpg

bron: worldsbk

WSBK Test Philip Island

Biaggi_Test_Australia0.jpg

Biaggi_Test_Australia1.jpg

Tijden:

Superbike - Test Phillip Island - Day 1
1. Max Biaggi (Aprilia) 1′32.4
2. Eugene Laverty (Yamaha) 1′32.9
3. Leon Camier (Aprilia) 1′33.4
4. Marco Melandri (Yamaha) 1′33.5

Xaus tops day two of testing in Portimao

New Ten Kate Honda signing Ruben Xaus finished the second day of testing at Portimao at the top of the time sheets with an accomplished and convincing wet weather riding performance. The 32 year old Spaniard completed a massive 114 laps in fully wet conditions with a best time of 1m 55.8s.

It’s clear that Xaus has impressed his new team with his enthusiasm and commitment to understand his new bike. He also showed impressive discipline and control having posted his best lap time with a front tyre that had done 62 lap and a 30 lap old rear tyre.

Speaking to MCN, Xaus said:
“My feeling is good. I wanted to come here and do many laps without any big changes and that’s exactly what we did. On day one I changed nothing on the bike and today we have made some small adjustments. I’m really happy to be here – we’re learning a lot.”

Xaus’ teammate Jonathan Rea set the pace in the wet on day one, but elected not to ride today due to his wrist injury. Rea had a host of new parts to try on his Ten Kate Honda but could only properly evaluate them in dry conditions so he will now have to wait until January for his next test.

Leon Haslam ended a frustrating day with the second fastest time despite being plagued by electronic problems on his BMW S1000RR. Team-mate Troy Corser was third fastest one second further back with James Toseland and Noriyuki Haga both setting a 1.58.2.

Leuk om te zien dat Laverty er goed bij zit,kan wel eens de verrassing van komend seizoen worden.
Hoop ik althans wel.

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan