Yamaha R1 06 SP Project

M-factory olie dop gemonteerd.

E76CC293-2B11-4807-8179-A240AA8A4F84_zpsv0zdn9ep.jpg

Maybe it's the forum format, they seem larger/better resolution.

Is this going to be a track bike or a street bike or both track/street? I remember you saying you loved this generation and were building your perfect R1, but don't recall reading what your end purpose would be.

Laatst bewerkt:
Actually im building 2 bikes at the same time.
This one, the '06 is getting all the nice parts and will be for street use only.
At the same time im building a '04 with cheaper parts for track use.

NICE! Don't blame you for going with cheaper parts on the track bike, a lot higher chance of damage.

Any reason you didn't switch to Tygon tube for the reservoir to master cylinder?

Laatst bewerkt:
@NoExpert
Crashed a bike at the track(Zandvoort) last year.
So u got the reason right..

Will go for tygon tubbing to the Rizoma reservoir.
Just havent pickt it up yet!

@SvenSp
Thnx man, wacht maar tot ik er klaar mee ben ;)

Laatst bewerkt:
Smog systeem verwijderd.

7437A58F-76EE-475F-B828-23F77293F14D_zpsl0spvdih.jpg

Ivans smog block-off plates gemonteerd.

2F866244-00E2-4D2C-A213-A1F0C8430C64_zpsaf85a3fq.jpg

Powercommander 5 gemonteerd.

EB113AF1-7FD5-4FCB-9D2C-CB89A03A3DD9_zpsmsiqz05t.jpg

@AMo
Thnx man!

@thijsschetters
Wacht maar tot de koplampen gemonteerd zijn!

Samco kvs slangen, radiator protector en Arata titanium uitlaat incl life savers gemonteerd.

DA2FD244-039A-4482-9BF8-5862B11918EA_zpsvb5bfyej.jpg

A6D336CA-036E-49E4-873A-B72974832F22_zpskbbuyeoa.jpg

D1523CDA-2E5F-437B-9664-2C818CC74AB1_zpsyfcqm2gu.jpg

0689C40A-94CE-44D0-B93F-2F530A2B7C6C_zpskr2zc1gl.jpg

8F6501AD-7239-430F-84EF-61BFEA8E13C9_zpsiceq78ev.jpg

CD199057-BCA6-4C6E-96FC-F70899AFF001_zpsqdnclc1k.jpg

I like those hoses, have Samco red hoses on my R1 as well. The radiator guard seems like it might block a lot of air flow but, I could be wrong, definitely watch your temps.

How did it go with the spark plugs?

Are you planning to run a quickshifter? I just installed a HealTech iQSE-1 on mine, definitely recommend it. The sensor is hardly noticeable on the stock shift rod and the controller is very small. Works quite well, I'm still fine tuning it, very easy to adjust using the iPhone or android app and Bluetooth connection. While you have the bike apart it would be an easy install.

Laatst bewerkt:
Mooi project! Ga ik zeker verder volgen :)
Waar heb je die factory pro velocity stacks vandaan als ik vragen mag?

@NoExpert
I had this guard mounted on my 04 and didnt noticed any temp changes.
Radiator was allready mounted, so the iridiums will have to wait.
I will be installing a quickshifter, but im going for the Dynojet to match my Powercommander.

@Redline Rider
Thnx man!
Ik heb ze via Ebay gescoord, zijn erg lastig te vinden en heel prijzig..

Rizoma rem/schakel-set gemonteerd.

980F0166-EE62-4316-8728-E26FACC48A0D_zpshvbmenql.jpg

9FC9F826-F339-4A59-B290-E362D942BDB6_zpsttqvotuu.jpg

Kan iemand mij vertellen of het mogelijk is om te GP-shiften met deze set?

Laatst bewerkt:
You have to drop the radiator to get at the spark plugs? Ouch.

I've heard mixed results from the power commander switches since they're mechanical and subject to failure. I almost went with one from FTE, but decided to go with the HealTech system instead.

The only con to the HealTech system is you need to get to the coils to install the harness. After that it's a breeze to setup and the controller is very small as is the strain gauge sensor. The sensor installs inline with the stock shift rod, so no new shift rod to deal with. You setup the system using an iPhone or android app and Bluetooth and can make adjustments on the fly (not recommended while riding). It has an auto kill time setting so it automatically calculates the kill time based on engine load. You set the minimum kill time at max RPM and it does the rest. You can also go in and manually set the kill times based on RPM range. I paid $319 USD shipped, the DynoJet equivalent is around $360 USD (ignition kill setup). You can also buy a second harness and sensor and transfer the controller bike to bike using saved profiles. It's definitely worth looking into.

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0267.JPG

Thnx for the info!
Does this qs kill the ignition or the fuel?
I think the backfire while quickshifting is really cool.
But dont know which qs will do this..

It's ignition based which can create a small backfire since the unburned fuel is in the system. If you blip the throttle while downshifting, you are able to have the sensor only work on up shift. This is how mine is setup, it's an easy process.

It's ignition based which can create a small backfire since the unburned fuel is in the system. If you blip the throttle while downshifting, you are able to have the sensor only work on up shift. This is how mine is setup, it's an easy process.

My QS (also Healtech) does not give exhaust fire bangs. (fireblade 2001)
Buddy of mine also has the QS on a Z1000 2003 also with no bangs.

It's not something that's guaranteed to happen. Up shift it probably won't happen, and depending on install, it is more likely to happen on downshift.

If you really like the backfiring, you should have left the AIS system intact. All kinds of popping and crackling with that left in place.

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan