Motorcycle trip in Netherlands

There are a lot o beautifull places for motorcycling in Holland. If you stay in Den Haag, you could drive along the dike of the river "Lek". It's starting point is Rotterdam and you can drive it all the way to the german border. A map which shows you the smaller roads is a good investment though. (Not the ones which are free, they only show the major roads and highways which are less interesting if you drive by motorcycle.)

Also "Zeeland", which is on about an hour driving from Den Haag, is a nice provence to spend a few hours driving. Zeeland has a lot of dikes and other structures (Oosterschelde keering, dunes and a lot of bridges) to keep the water out and is also interesting to drive by motorcycle.
You could ask the ANWB for motorroutes, that is an organisation which provides back up in case of brakedown and a lot of other services. They have offices everywhere in the country. Also the VVV (Dutch tourist information, often combined with the ANWB offices)
can give a lot of routes and information.

The only 2 things which can spoil your days of motorcycling are the police or the weather.
If you stick to the rules however, the first thing able to spoil your holiday is eliminated, so you'll only need good weather to enjoy yourself.

Have a nice stay!

Thanks a lot for the ideas.

I prefer to rent a big naked bike or a sport-touring.

And about the undercover cars, don't you have some sort of signaling? In Bulgaria when you see a police car you blink wit the lights to the cars in the opposite direction so they can slow down.

Thanks a lot for the ideas.

I prefer to rent a big naked bike or a sport-touring.

And about the undercover cars, don't you have some sort of signaling? In Bulgaria when you see a police car you blink wit the lights to the cars in the opposite direction so they can slow down.

Here we are very social, we wave when there's a speedtrap ahead *D

Here we are very social, we wave when there's a speedtrap ahead *D

indeed, always watch for people who wave.
then there is a speed control.

only harley drivers dont wave cause they cant get above the max speed so they dont see the point of waving.

indeed, always watch for people who wave.
then there is a speed control.

only harley drivers dont wave cause they cant get above the max speed so they dont see the point of waving.
oo... i thought it was because they're afraid to loose the handle bars
:+

Only bikers wave, right? Cars don't.

Then there must be a lot of you. In Bulgaria we wave to every biker but in the spring there are only 1-2 per 100km.

And what about parking? Can you leave your bike everywhere (if it doesn't stay in someone's way)?

Officially, no of course. Practically: yes, as long as you make sure that nobody can be bothered by the parked bike. Motorcycles can save you a lot of parking money O-)...

Why would you want to ride here? :? Most of it sucks , way too flat, a serious lack of curves and it's too crowded.

Or are you on the lookout for some bikes to steal? :o B|

Aren't there any mountains in Bulgaria?

I'f you're serious about taking a trip, go to germany or something. :]

Hello and welcome to the Netherlands.
If you want to rent a BMW go to Motor Houtrust, which is located at the border of den Haag. And north of den Haag the bulb area starts. Almost always the rental agency will ask you to store the bike inside because of the insurance coverage. About speeding, indeed stay below 50 km/hr of the speed limit as you loose the risk of loosing your license. But fines below that can be rather cosly too,
If you bring a gps there are a lot of tracks downloadble for free, or you can rent a gps too with the bike. GPStracks - GPS tracks en routes voor de fiets, wandelaar, auto en motorrijder en mountainbike
Have fun and ride...

Like he said, fuck them tullips!!!

Uh oh... eeeh Dickdale, can you please talk to you parents AGAIN...
I think you misunderstood the bee's and the flowers story they were trying to explain to you :+

Laatst bewerkt:
Mr.Zed, there are beautiful mountains in Bulgaria but most of the roads are crappy. One can find nice places to ride anyway, I'm far from being bored. But I want to try something different. I have a business trip in Netherlands and I want to combine it with a weekend of touring.

And I'll definitely go to Germany as well. Cologne is close, I plan to go there for some shopping from Louis.

Btw can anyone give me some hints about nice bike shops in Den Haag or Amsterdam (or somewhere close). And by 'nice' I mean mostly cheap - nevermind the EU, the average salary in Bulgaria is still < 300 euro.

K1200GT, does this Moto Houtrust offer something different than http://www.bmwoost.nl/motor/
If so, can you give some more details?

Thanks

All fun and games aside about 'signalling' traffic controls:
Though we try to warn oncoming trafffic with our lights it all depends 'if' we spot them

Those bastards often know where to place their cameras and avoid detection

Btw can anyone give me some hints about nice bike shops in Den Haag or Amsterdam (or somewhere close). And by 'nice' I mean mostly cheap - nevermind the EU, the average salary in Bulgaria is still < 300 euro.

Well, here's why the Dutch salary is €1000+
there are no cheap bike shops
We have to pay top dollar for everything, unless it's old stuff (and even then!)

Mr.Zed, there are beautiful mountains in Bulgaria but most of the roads are crappy. One can find nice places to ride anyway, I'm far from being bored. But I want to try something different. I have a business trip in Netherlands and I want to combine it with a weekend of touring.

And I'll definitely go to Germany as well. Cologne is close, I plan to go there for some shopping from Louis.

K1200GT, does this Moto Houtrust offer something different than http://www.bmwoost.nl/motor/
If so, can you give some more details?

Thanks

Really, go to Germany. Or Luxembourg. It's nearby and lots more fun. I just got back and riding here sucks bigtime usually.

And buy an allroad bike, reise enduro, no more bad roads..... :]

Hi all,

I am planning a trip to Netherlands and I intend to rent a bike and spend a weekend touring.

I am interested in nice touring routes in Netherlands, can you give any hints?

I would especially like to have a trip around tulip fields, I think now is the tulips' blooming time, rght? Do you think it's possible?
Thanks

Best regards from the bulgarian motorcycle community.
Hi :) I have not understood when exactly you are planning to visit, but the tulips (and hyacinths and all other flowery stuff) is blooming at the moment. It only lasts a few weeks. So if your visit is later; never mind the following:

If you have a detailed map of The Netherlands: A lot of flowers are found in for instance Limmen or Warmenhuizen. A nice route is for instance going north from Amsterdam along the IJsselmeer on the dike. You pass Marken, Volendam, Hoorn and Enkhuizen, which are all nice dutch villages. Then if you cross over to the North Sea side to travel down again passing Groet, Bergen, Castricum and further down you will surely pass some really nice flower fields.

Bare in mind that there might be more traffic on the roads then in Bulgaria.

Have a nice trip here. :)

Hi all,

I am planning a trip to Netherlands and I intend to rent a bike and spend a weekend touring.

I am interested in nice touring routes in Netherlands, can you give any hints?

I would especially like to have a trip around tulip fields, I think now is the tulips' blooming time, rght? Do you think it's possible?

I would also like to know if speeding can be a problem if I ride rented bike and be out of the country in two days. Do you think cameras can be a problem?

About renting the bike, I found only one possibility:
Global Motorcycle Rentals, Motorbike Hire, Motorradverleih
Do know of any other bike rentals?

Thanks

Best regards from the bulgarian motorcycle community.

The good news is that Dutch bikers are among the friendliest in the world, the road conditions in comparison to your native Bulgaria are absolutley superb. Road users awareness of bikers is absolutley excellent in comparison to other European countries. Filtering is a dream with most car drivers leaving more than enough space for a bike.

Enjoy.

-RP

Laatst bewerkt:
This is dated, but it will give you an idea:
SpeedingEurope : Netherlands

The Netherlands have become less fun to ride in the past years, because of the density of the traffic and the fines for speeding. But the roads are mostly clean and nice. If you're here anyway, why not ride around - indeed. But you'll find Germany, Luxembourg and other countries more interesting and fun to ride.
Try to avoid the cities and you'll have more fun.

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan