Want to check if a bike is stolen

jak1

Rookie
23 aug 2010
ZAANDAM AND ENGLAND. EX-PAT
Hi guys

Sorry about the English but by the time I write it in Dutch the bike will have gone.

Im going to look at a bike. what can i check besides the vin number and the owners address on the papers ?

Cheers

Jak

Hi Jak,

You can find more information here: ovi.rdw.nl
Type in the registered number plate and all (publically) available information will appear.

Including if it's registered as stolen or not.

Laatst bewerkt:
indeed check the ovi.rdw.nl site to check the license plate.

than check the chassis number with the corresponding license plate on the license registration papers/card.

if you still dont trust the seller, you could contact the police on 0900-8844

What Bolski says!
Alternatively, you can drop by a motorbike garage during the testride, and ask them to do a quick check

If I check the VIN Number is good against the papers and run the number through the RDW website like MTFDarkEagle says I should be ok. And surely it will get flagged at the Post Office when we make it over !!!

Dude.....why don't you just trust people.
If they tell you it's stolen, it's stolen. Why check?

Well, it didn't happen at all. Monsieur is een troll, kijk maar eens naar wat hij bij het postkantoor wil doen. Dat is een onvervalst stukje vernederlandst (is dat een woord? :O) engels.

Wel bijzonder dat er niet één IP van TS uit de UK komt.

Well, it didn't happen at all. Monsieur is een troll, kijk maar eens naar wat hij bij het postkantoor wil doen. Dat is een onvervalst stukje vernederlandst (is dat een woord? :O) engels.
make over
vb (tr, adverb)
1. (Law) to transfer the title or possession of (property, etc)

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan