Het grote BSB/Real Road Racing Top Deel 3

Radio TT meldt dat Cameron Donald voor Norton gaat rijden bij de IOM TT 2014

edit:

Cameron Donald joins Norton for Isle of Man TT 19 March 2014

Donald had been considering taking a year out from road racing in 2014 but admitted the chance to ride for the famous marque was too good to turn down.

The 36-year-old, who rode for Northern Ireland outfit Wilson Craig Racing for the past three seasons, will compete on the Norton SG3 machine in the Dainese Superbike and Pokerstars Senior races on the Mountain Course.

Donald will ride with the number 19 plate made famous by Scotsman Steve Hislop, who claimed Norton's last TT victory in the epic 1992 Senior race when he defeated Carl Fogarty.

“When Norton began talking to me about their plans for TT 2014 I knew it was an opportunity I didn't want to miss,” Donald said.

“With the enthusiasm and experience of the Norton team behind me and ex-TT winners such as Mick Grant and Steve Plater now involved, this is sure to be an exciting year.

"Norton is synonymous with the Isle of Man TT and I can't wait to ride the new SG3 round the Mountain Course and add to their Isle of Man history.”

Steve Plater has been testing the SG3 to aid development of the machine and Norton CEO, Stuart Garner, is thrilled to have secured the services of former TT winner Donald, who won the Superbike and Superstock races in 2008.

“Cameron is a really great rider to have on board, not only as a racer but also as a brand ambassador for Norton,” said Garner.

“His support, feedback and endorsement will all be really important to us both as a company and a race team as we look to and we are all relishing the challenge of developing a strong bike and team around him for the long-term.

“We will also be working with Cameron within our road bike business, primarily to help develop our Australasian markets where Norton, Cameron and the TT all have a great following.”

Hailing from Warrandyte, near Melbourne, Donald won the TT Newcomers Trophy in 2005 and set the paddock alight a year later when he took a stunning second place in the Senior TT.

He set the first ever lap in excess of 131mph during practice for the 2009 meeting although a spill a day later ruled him out of the event.

Although he has yet to win another race, Donald now has an impressive tally of ten podiums to his credit and finished second in last year's Superbike race to Michael Dunlop.

The Aussie is the eighth fastest ever rider to lap the TT course with a speed of 130.729mph.

Norton ran Ian Mackman and Daniel Hegarty at the TT last year, who lapped at 122.277mph and 122.290mph respectively, with Mackman claiming 18th place in the Superbike race.

Super gaaf en dat Norton het maar goed doet op the I.O.M. TT .Het geluid alleen al als ze voorbijkomen kippenvel!!!!!
full

:^ en super dat Cameron dit gaat doen, had het oprecht jammer gevonden als hij een sabbatical had genomen van road racen dit jaar.

Yep helemaal mee eens hij hoort er gewoon bij en kan nog wel een paar jaar meerijden (hij is pas 36 jaar) kijk naar John McGuinness ook nog still going strong!!!

Dit filmpje al gezien..?
Meestal geen zin om een hele ronde Man te kijken, Slecht ik weet het!, maar dit filmpje is echt te vet voor woorden. Michael Dunlop op de Honda CBR 600 op Man!

Zo vet!

20-time Isle of Man TT winner John McGuinness has broken his wrist in an offroad training accident, just eight weeks before the start of his 2014 road racing campaign.

Das niet best, nu het seizoen op het punt staat te beginnen. :-(

Hangt er vanaf hoe erg het is hé.
Ik kwam er na mijn highsider vanaf met 3 weken gips en dan paar weken steunverband.
Nadien geen last meer van gehad :) .

Super gaaf dat die Cam Donald weer mee doet, maar ik vind het persoonlijk jammer dat die op de Norton zit

Motor gaat niet vooraan mee doen, en het is een aangepast RSV4 blok, ik had liever de NRV588 terug aan de start gezien.

Op een Honda, Kawa, Suzuki had die weer meegedaan om de knikkers, dat gaat er nu niet inzitten denk ik, Norton als merk natuurlijk wel gewoon erg gaaf :9~ :}

McGuinness vows to make NW200 despite broken wrist20/03/2014

McGuinness will be back in action in May

By Road Racing desk
Image by Stephen Davison/Pacemaker

Road racing hero John McGuinness has vowed to race at the upcoming Vauxhall North West 200 despite breaking his right wrist, damaging ribs and suffering two black eyes in a dirt-bike crash.

The 20-time TT winner has already undergone an operation on the wrist and says it could have been a lot worse as he crashed heavily in the middle of nowhere.

“I have already had a couple of operations on the wrist by one of the top surgeons in the country and he is really happy with the way it all worked out,” said McGuinness.

“I have a light cast on the wrist now. I have to let it rest for a few weeks and then I will have a month to get ready for the North West in May.

“Things could have been a lot worse because it was a heavy crash in the middle of nowhere. I punched a big hole in my helmet and I’ve two black eyes to go with my sore wrist and ribs but time is a great healer and I am well on the road to recovery now.” :] :] :]

McGuinness vows to make NW200 despite broken wrist20/03/2014

McGuinness will be back in action in May

By Road Racing desk
Image by Stephen Davison/Pacemaker

Road racing hero John McGuinness has vowed to race at the upcoming Vauxhall North West 200 despite breaking his right wrist, damaging ribs and suffering two black eyes in a dirt-bike crash.

The 20-time TT winner has already undergone an operation on the wrist and says it could have been a lot worse as he crashed heavily in the middle of nowhere.

“I have already had a couple of operations on the wrist by one of the top surgeons in the country and he is really happy with the way it all worked out,” said McGuinness.

“I have a light cast on the wrist now. I have to let it rest for a few weeks and then I will have a month to get ready for the North West in May.

“Things could have been a lot worse because it was a heavy crash in the middle of nowhere. I punched a big hole in my helmet and I’ve two black eyes to go with my sore wrist and ribs but time is a great healer and I am well on the road to recovery now.” :] :] :]

Ziet er gelukkig redelijk uit! pffffewww. Ik zie John graag op Man en als het ff kan NW200 (alhoewel ik daar niet zelf naar toe ga).

Me to !!! Enne ik kan mijzelf gelukkig prijzen dat ik wel naar de TT Isle of Man mag :] !!!

Ja, daar ga ik gelukkig ook naar toe :} Kan nu al weer uitkijken naar lekker in het zonnetje in de Gooseneck, Waterworks, Creg en Crosby naar de helden kijken. Alhoewel ik verwacht dat we niet het weer van vorig jaar krijgen, das was eens in de .....

Ja, daar ga ik gelukkig ook naar toe :} Kan nu al weer uitkijken naar lekker in het zonnetje in de Gooseneck, Waterworks, Creg en Crosby naar de helden kijken. Alhoewel ik verwacht dat we niet het weer van vorig jaar krijgen, das was eens in de .....

jawel, wordt gewoon 2 jaar achter elkaar super mooi weer :+

2009 ook super weertje gehad hoor, 1 race een dag opgeschoven, en de woensdag morgen wat spetters

verder super weertje gehad 8-)

Hopen mag maar vorig jaar was wel echt super.Ging vorig jaar voor het eerst. Stond de eerste dag bottom Barregarrow waar de coureurs voor mij voor het eerst langskwamen op zo'n 1,5m , eerste indruk UNBELIEVABLE(kijk /luister ook ff naar Guy Martin zijn uitleg van dit woord haha)........niet normaal .
Dit jaar weer op de motor er naar toe en we huren een huis in Kirk Michael( en the Mitre pub dichtbij !!)tijdens race week. *O* *O*

Afgelopen jaar was het super, maar de vrijdag met de avondtraining was het echt enorm koud, wij zaten toen op de Tribune bij Crosby in de wind.
Zo zaten de mensen erbij:

full

Afgelopen jaar was het super, maar de vrijdag met de avondtraining was het echt enorm koud, wij zaten toen op de Tribune bij Crosby in de wind.
Zo zaten de mensen erbij:

[afbeelding]

Ja klopt, wij zaten bij Greg Ny Baa op vrijdagavond. Lekker fris maar daarna werd het fantastisch. De trainingsweek was idd niet zo best. Veel uitval ivm slecht weer waardoor het programma direct werd aangepast met een race op mad sunday.

bij de Greg ook eens gezeten, veel wind daar op die tribune
lekker mijn helm opgezet, :)

ik en 5 vrienden zitten dit jaar in een huis in Douglas :)
Loopafstand van de start/finish en promenade dus ideaal :)

Anyone paying attention has undoubtedly noticed my name is missing from the EUSTK entry list. At the end of January I had to come to the conclusion riding STK1000 is too expensive for me this year. I was then offered a ride with a great team for STK600, which would've been the chance of a lifetime. However it wasn't meant to be, as last minute I did not get start permission on an age technicality.
Over the last week or two I've been reviewing my options, have decided on BSB for 2014! Really excited about this, and working hard to get everything in order - the first race is in 4 weeks!! Expect more details soon.

Aldus Nadieh Schoots. Jammer hoor. Alhoewel BSB ook heel gaaf is, ik vraag me af welke klasse ze dan in dit kampioenschap gaat rijden. Als ze het daar goed doet dan kan ze misschien in 2015 de Europese weg vervolgen? Als ze BSB gaat rijden hoop ik dat ze het beter doet dan Jenny Tinmouth, dan heeft ze de Britse media in ieder geval al mee denk ik. 8-)

The Ice Valley by Motorsave Trade team are set for their biggest ever assault on the Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy, with a staggering six-rider line-up for the 2014 event giving them, arguably, the largest presence ever seen in a TT paddock.

Ambitious team owner Paul Shoesmith will again field a truly International squad, with the team comprising himself and fellow English riders Ben Wylie and newcomer Peter Hickman, Hungarian Sandor Bitter and Belgium and French newcomers Laurent Hoffmann and Franck Petricola.

All six riders will contest the Dainese Superbike, Royal London 360⁰ Superstock and Pokerstars Senior races on BMW S1000RR machinery and Shoesmith’s team will field 10 race bikes for the 6 riders spread over 3 categories. That equates to 24 race starts in total with Wylie and Hoffmann also contesting the two Monster Energy Supersport races on YZF-R6 Yamahas. To complete the set, Shoesmith himself and Petricola will line up on a pair of ER6 650cc Kawasaki’s for the three-lap Bikesocial.co.uk Lightweight TT race.

Wylie, the best newcomer in 2009 is expected to give the team their best chance of top ten results. The Shropshire rider has a best result of seventh on the Mountain Course, which he achieved in the Supersport 2 Race in 2011. He has three top ten results to his name to date along with a near 125mph lap.

Shoesmith has now taken part in 44 races since his debut in 2005 picking up an impressive collection of 31 bronze replicas whilst Bitter makes his return to the island for the first time since 2011.

Newcomer Hickman comes to the team with a wealth of experience from the premier British Superbike Championship with Hoffmann and Petricola completing the line-up, the duo being leading contenders in the International Road Race Championship.

Speaking about the mammoth task he’s undertaken, Poynton’s Shoesmith said;

“I’m led to believe that our effort is the largest road race team in Europe and probably the world! But I have to say that we simply wouldn’t have been able to set up this unique team this year without the help and support from our sponsors Ice Valley, Motorsave Trade Ltd, Morris Lubricants, Pazzo, Speedycom, Bonamicci and GB Racing."

Speaking about the mammoth task he’s undertaken, Poynton’s Shoesmith said;

“We are still actively looking for sponsors as a team like this obviously takes some running. If there are any sponsors looking to get involved with a team at the road races, with the size and stature of our team we have so much to offer by way of return.”
full

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan