• Ja

Stemmen: 50 89,3%
  • Nee

Stemmen: 6 10,7%

• Totaal aantal stemmers
Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Byrne finishes third, but scores most points

Shane Byrne signals his frustration at ending the 2011 MCE British Superbike Championship season in third, despite scoring more points overall than new champion Tommy Hill.

Shane Byrne has admitted he is not 'the greatest fan of the Showdown' after it was revealed that he ended the 2011 MCE British Superbike Championship in third position, despite scoring the highest number of points over the course of the year.

HM Plant Honda's Byrne bounced back from a difficult start to the Brands Hatch weekend, when he fell in both qualifying and warm-up, to win two of the weekend's three races, bringing his total tally for the year up to six.

It was a timely reminder that Byrne had led the BSB standings for much of the 2011 season, taking advantage of both Tommy Hill and John Hopkins missing the respective Oulton Park and Cadwell Park rounds through injury to be in front in terms of points scored over the first nine events.

However, a poor start to the title showdown, after Byrne's lead had been wiped out by the equalisation rules, essentially ruled Byrne out of the running heading into the final round, much to his frustration.

Indeed, Byrne's two wins were significant in that it brought his total points' tally to 403 points, compared to Hill on 398 points and Hopkins on 358 points. With this in mind, Byrne is disappointing to be ending the season in third knowing he would have won under the former system, which was phased out at the end of 2009.

“It's been a fantastic year with a fine ending. I'm not the greatest fan of the Showdown, having led all of the way through to the start of it, but then slipped back a bit. Winning the first race on Sunday after what we'd already been through this weekend was like winning the championship.

“I gave the guys in the team a lot of work with two crashes and because of that needed that win more than ever. I think I had more moments in that race than the rest of my career, the conditions were very tricky but it all turned out right for me.

“Winning the second race of the afternoon was a great way to finish the season at my local circuit though I didn't come to the championship to take third place, I wanted to win.”

:')

Denk Hopkins gewoon weer Motogp, en daar hoort ie thuis!
ik hoop liever dat de geruchten waar zijn en dat het samsung cresent suzuki team naar de WSBK's gaat. Suzuki UK is groot en daar komt meer support vandaan dat dat batta nu krijgt heb ik het idee.
er komt een vernieuwde 1000 die weer mee zou moeten kunnen dus ben benieuwd :)

Laatst bewerkt:
ik hoop liever dat de geruchten waar zijn en dat het samsung cresent suzuki team naar de WSBK's gaat. Suzuki UK is groot en daar komt meer support vandaan dat dat bazza nu krijgt heb ik het idee.
er komt een vernieuwde 1000 die weer mee zou moeten kunnen dus ben benieuwd :)

:Y

En volgens de geruchten met Tommy Hill als teammaat!

Laatst bewerkt:
Byrne finishes third, but scores most points

Shane Byrne signals his frustration at ending the 2011 MCE British Superbike Championship season in third, despite scoring more points overall than new champion Tommy Hill.

Shane Byrne has admitted he is not 'the greatest fan of the Showdown' after it was revealed that he ended the 2011 MCE British Superbike Championship in third position, despite scoring the highest number of points over the course of the year.

HM Plant Honda's Byrne bounced back from a difficult start to the Brands Hatch weekend, when he fell in both qualifying and warm-up, to win two of the weekend's three races, bringing his total tally for the year up to six.

It was a timely reminder that Byrne had led the BSB standings for much of the 2011 season, taking advantage of both Tommy Hill and John Hopkins missing the respective Oulton Park and Cadwell Park rounds through injury to be in front in terms of points scored over the first nine events.

However, a poor start to the title showdown, after Byrne's lead had been wiped out by the equalisation rules, essentially ruled Byrne out of the running heading into the final round, much to his frustration.

Indeed, Byrne's two wins were significant in that it brought his total points' tally to 403 points, compared to Hill on 398 points and Hopkins on 358 points. With this in mind, Byrne is disappointing to be ending the season in third knowing he would have won under the former system, which was phased out at the end of 2009.

“It's been a fantastic year with a fine ending. I'm not the greatest fan of the Showdown, having led all of the way through to the start of it, but then slipped back a bit. Winning the first race on Sunday after what we'd already been through this weekend was like winning the championship.

“I gave the guys in the team a lot of work with two crashes and because of that needed that win more than ever. I think I had more moments in that race than the rest of my career, the conditions were very tricky but it all turned out right for me.

“Winning the second race of the afternoon was a great way to finish the season at my local circuit though I didn't come to the championship to take third place, I wanted to win.”

:')

Tis ook totaal onrelevant om de punten zo te gaan tellen terwijl er volgens een ander systeem gereden word ..... ?? zo kan je het natuurlijk altijd gaan berekenen hoe het je zelf het beste uit komt :S

Shakey is een super rijder maar laat in de afgelopen jaren wel heel vaak zien dat die het juist af laat weten op de momenten dat het belangrijk is ! op de crash met laverty na dan :(

Van mij had hopper kampioen mogen worden, maar kan met deze uitslag ook zeer goed leven. Het gaat mij ook meer om de amusementswaarde. En de laatste race was er 1 om in te lijsten! Goede reclame voor de motorsport.

Wat een prachtig titanengevecht! Een zeer passende afsluiting van een prachtig seizoen! Wauw! Was zelf voor Hopkins, maar Hill heeft het kampioenschap zeer terecht gewonnen! Kan niet wachten tot 2012, wauw zeg, wat een race! :} :} :}

Wat een prachtig titanengevecht! Een zeer passende afsluiting van een prachtig seizoen! Wauw! Was zelf voor Hopkins, maar Hill heeft het kampioenschap zeer terecht gewonnen! Kan niet wachten tot 2012, wauw zeg, wat een race! :} :} :}

Indeed, just my thoughts! :)

Tis ook totaal onrelevant om de punten zo te gaan tellen terwijl er volgens een ander systeem gereden word ..... ?? zo kan je het natuurlijk altijd gaan berekenen hoe het je zelf het beste uit komt :S

Shakey is een super rijder maar laat in de afgelopen jaren wel heel vaak zien dat die het juist af laat weten op de momenten dat het belangrijk is ! op de crash met laverty na dan :(

:N
Das het mooie van punten....das niet arbitrair....nu is de persoon die de meeste punten heeft gescored geen kampioen....voor mij echt onacceptabel...gelukkig dat Hill kampioen is geworden...stel je voor dat Kiyo nog kampioen was geworden, wedden dat je er dan anders over had gedacht? Just my thoughts

Laatst bewerkt:
:N
Das het mooie van punten....das niet arbitrair....nu is de persoon die de meeste punten heeft gescored geen kampioen....voor mij echt onacceptabel...gelukkig dat Hill kampioen is geworden...stel je voor dat Kiyo nog kampioen was geworden, wedden dat je er dan anders over had gedacht? Just my thoughts
Zoals het vorig jaar gegaan is bedoel? Kiyo had zich met de hakken over de sloot in de top 6 gereden en werd daarna kampioen

Zoals het vorig jaar gegaan is bedoel? Kiyo had zich met de hakken over de sloot in de top 6 gereden en werd daarna kampioen
Vind het zelf ook een vrij raar systeem. Raar als in: het BSB kampioenschap is er uniek in, en of ik er een voorstander van ben is een tweede. Maar goed, dat regelement is nu eenmaal opgesteld en een ieder daarin participeert stemt ermee in natuurlijk.

Laatst bewerkt:
Waar komt dat gerucht vandaan ?? zou wel heeeeeel vet zijn ...

Second place in BSB title fight sets up Hopkins for next level

Samsung Suzuki's John Hopkins looks set to move on to the world stage in 2012 after being narrowly beaten to the 2011 British Superbike Championship by Tommy Hill at Brands Hatch yesterday.

The American has reportedly got options with his current team in World Superbikes, and may even have Hill as a team-mate, but is also in talks with LCR Honda for a MotoGP seat.

"Well I don't feel great obviously, but I don't feel completely empty either. This has been a great season, I gave it everything I had but it just wasn't to be. So hats off to Tommy for taking the title," said Hopkins.

"I couldn't be more grateful to the Samsung Crescent Racing team, they gave me everything including the best bike out there. I came into this year on a make or break basis in terms of my racing career but with their help I'm now set for a world championship ride next year. The team has put me there. I'm hugely grateful."

bron: bikesportnews.com

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan