Rijbewijs A1 (2002) + 26 jaar

HEROPT

MF'er
14 jun 2012
Hoi.

Ik heb een anvraag.

Ik heb A1 rijbewijs vroom 2002, ik ben 26 jaar.

Kan ik rijden 600cc of ik moet rijbewijs doen?

Dank je!

Dank je, zo ik kan rijden?

Sorry i speak bad dutch, i have A1 and i bought a Honda Hornet 600cc but i am sure if can drive it, anyone knows this for sure?

Dank u!!!

Dank je, zo ik kan rijden?

Sorry i speak bad dutch, i have A1 and i bought a Honda Hornet 600cc but i am sure if can drive it, anyone knows this for sure?

Dank u!!!

Ok, that changes the situation. Forget my first answer because I was not serious.

With an A1 licence you can not drive this bike.

Laatst bewerkt:
Ok, dank u :'(

wat er kan gebeuren als de politie stopt met me en ik heb alleen a1?

Not sure about this situation.

You say you have got A1 since 2002, given your current age you were 16 back then.
This could not have been in the Netherlands, because the A1 category will only be available starting 2013 (and you will have to be 18 to get it).

Are you currently registered in the Netherlands? If not, different rules may apply.

Up until the end of this year, anyone that passes for A2 category will have it upgraded to the full A license automatically after 2 years.

I'm from Portugal.

I am registered in Holland, because i live and work here.

But my drivers license is still portuguese.

Can i get in serious problems? Or the worst can just be a fine?

Not sure about this situation.

You say you have got A1 since 2002, given your current age you were 16 back then.
This could not have been in the Netherlands, because the A1 category will only be available starting 2013 (and you will have to be 18 to get it).

Are you currently registered in the Netherlands? If not, different rules may apply.

Up until the end of this year, anyone that passes for A2 category will have it upgraded to the full A license automatically after 2 years.

A1 license will never get an automatic upgrade.

@ TS: When you get caught on the Hornet with the A1 license, you will get fined for driving a bike without a drivers license.
And when you're involved in an accident, good chance that the insurance company will not pay.

Laatst bewerkt:
Can they inpound the motorcycle?

And how much can this fine be?

I am still going for A drivers license, but i'll do it in Portugal in August costs only €250.

But for now i would like to drive my bike, but i would also like to know whast the worst that can happen and what probably will happen.

If it's just a fine should be ok.

But for now i would like to drive my bike, but i would also like to know whast the worst that can happen and what probably will happen.

The worst that can happen is that you get an accident. And regardless whether it is your fault or not, all the damage will have to be paid by you personally as your insurance will not cover it. As soon as hospital treatment gets involved (either you or the other party) this damage will easily run into tens of thousands euros.

What will likely happen is that in a licence check you will get fined a few hundred euro's and the bike may get impounded, depending on the situation.

Can they inpound the motorcycle?

And how much can this fine be?

I am still going for A drivers license, but i'll do it in Portugal in August costs only €250.

If it's just a fine should be ok.

Not having a license (when caught for the 1st time!) is €330.
Not being insured is €500.

Getting involved in a serious accident and you will probably be paying for the rest of your life.

I got insurance, made it the first day i got the motorcycle. ^^

Well i guess i'm leaving it in the garage, i still will probably just drive locally, go to the gym and back, it's only 5KM away, very very close.

The motorcycle is insured, not you. If you drive on it without a proper license you are driving without insurance. Check your policy, it will state that it is only valid when the bike is being driven by a natural person in possession of a valid driving license.

It would be very, very dumb to even drive it locally. If you get into an accident (whether it is your fault or not doesn't matter) you are screwed. The insurance company you've insured the bike with will pay for the damages to the other person but will drain you for every penny you've got for the rest of your life.

Laatst bewerkt:
I got insurance, made it the first day i got the motorcycle. ^^

Well i guess i'm leaving it in the garage, i still will probably just drive locally, go to the gym and back, it's only 5KM away, very very close.

But when it comes to paying, I bet the insurance company is going to play the you-don't-have-a-license card and you'll end up paying all the damages :)

Good luck with getting your A-license so you really can enjoy that Hornet :)

Laatst bewerkt:
100 meters or 5km it,s far enough to get involved in a accident,or be stopped by the police,
as stated ,not having a full licence and having a accident,or worse one with personal injury to
yourself or other person,s ,you will have a serious problem,you wil be prosecuted and the
verdict won,t be a nice one,you probably loose your licence for a very long period,or even get a jail
centense when other people are hurt by jou ,the fine could run in to thousends of euro,s and
all costs will be for jou.
Next to this,other persons that are hurt can take you to court and begin a civil lawsuite against you
for damages ,which could result in even higher costs.
So think twice before you go riding without the full licence.

Laatst bewerkt:
If you get in an accident, your insurance will probably pay for the damage caused to you opponent. And then come to retrieve it from you.. If you get in accident and your opponent happens to become critically injured or killed, you will be given free housing and meals by the Dutch government.

The first two times you get caught you will be fined, the third time your bike will be impounded and you will be banned from driving anything in the Netherlands for a couple of years. Anyway, that's what had once happened to one of my friends when he got caught driving his car without license for the third time.

For that little distance, just get yourself a scooter or something until obtaining a full license. After all, flying to Portugal and back to the Netherlands is not that expensive anymore, just make it happen ;) And than change it for a Dutch license :]

Laatst bewerkt:
Funny when people think they have to correct others but are making a mistake themselves. While "riding" a motorcycle sounds better, "driving" a motorcycle is not incorrect.

But seems to have a different meaning. Just google "drive or ride motorcycle". Preferred word-choice is ride, instead of drive. Some say driving is actively pushing the motorcycle in a forward motion, whilst riding it is sitting on top controlling it (like one does with a horse when riding it, or driving when behind it i.e. a horse-coach)

I've read here once that an italian driverslicence, was transferred into a dutch licence, and the A was automatically upgraded since there's no A1 licence in the Netherlands (yet)

Could that be an option?

Regardless if it's a wise thing to do, ofcourse.

Laatst bewerkt:
I was in the phone with RWD.

They say A1 = AL

Also after a period + drivers age the AL automatically gets upgraded to A.

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan