Valentino Rossi Deel 5

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Ik denk dat dit te maken heeft met het gebrek aan spanning in eigenlijk zowel de WSBK als de MotoGP. Beide kampioenschappen waren halverwege min of meer al beslist: Haslam kon zonder upgrades geen vuist meer maken, en Lorenzo hoefde nog maar rond te tuffen om kampioen te worden.

De toon van sommige discussies hier heeft ook niet echt uitgenodigd, met als dieptepunt het gelul van afgelopen week over nepaccounts ofzo (hier haakte ik toch echt af).

In een motorsport wereld waar de setup wint van de rijder en geld wint van logica, word ik een beetje stil. :$

Wat een wijsheid :}

Je moet een behoorlijk goede coureur zijn wil je zo hard rond gaan als Lorenzo doet. Dat Rossi de motor mede heeft ontwikkeld tot waar de m1 nu is, heeft uiteraard voordeel. Alleen vergeet je dat lang niet alle coureurs ook daadwerkelijk zo hard en goed kunnen rondgaan met waar de m1 toe in staat is. Lorenzo is een absoluut toptalent, je mag wat meer bewondering opbrengen.

De toekomst zal uitwijzen of Lorenzo ook in staat is om ontwikkelen. Zijn inbreng en inzicht is elke race van groot belang. Ik verwacht een zeer snelle Lorenzo, maar geen alleen heerser a la seizoen 2010. Want er zijn heeeeel erg veel snelle, goede rivalen die op de loer liggen.

jij moet mij wel hebben de laatste tijd '(

Burgess: "Ducati will listen to Rossi"

by Ernesto Emmi

As we first reported way back on September 21st, Jeremy Burgess will continue working with Valentino Rossi in 2011. The Australian crew chief, who will move to Ducati with the rest of the team, spoke about next year's challenge during the Phillip Island race weekend.

"It’s going to be a great challenge and after 31 years with Japanese companies it’s going to be really good to have the opportunity and to do it together with Valentino will be very special - Burgess said - Everybody on out team is of such high quality in their field, there’s no issue with having them stay here at Yamaha if they want to stay here. Again, so many of us came with Valentino and worked together before and Brent (Stephens) and Matteo (Flamigni), who are the two guys who were at Yamaha when we arrived, are now also making the move to Ducati. So at the end of it all everybody had to look at their own situation. So, everybody seems to be happy. Ducati are very happy to have us on board. And when we finally get to sort of, able to work with the bike, after our current term expires with Yamaha, it’s going to be quite good. The Ducati is a lot closer, I believe, than we were seven years ago. OK, times are different. I’m aware of that. the Hondas are going to be very, very strong. And I believe racing is cyclic. I think Yamaha possibly could be in a position it’s getting towards the end of its so-called dominance. It’ll be very strong for a couple of years. Honda I know are going to come back and we’ve seen that with hiring Casey. We’ve seen that with the engineers they’ve taken from us. From the testing point of view, I think we’ll be fine. We don’t have a tire issue, because they’re all the same. Most of the components on the bikes these days are sourced; suspensions and what have you. Experienced, reasonably experienced crew, reasonably experienced rider. The important thing, the main important thing, is Valentino gets his shoulder back to full fitness so that when we come out next year in Qatar we’ve got all guns blazing. Two or three things can happen at Valencia. A, he’s not 100% fit, so is it a fair test? Two, it could be raining for two days after Valencia, anyway. And in most sporting endeavors, and I do still consider motorcycling to be somewhat sporting, if you’re athlete isn’t at full fitness, you can’t expect to win. So you’ve got to be at full fitness first. At least if he’s fit when we come back in Sepang in the early part of February, we’ll get really good quality testing.”

Some are concerned about the vast differences between the Yamaha and Ducati, but not JB.

"It’s pretty clear, and I pointed out to Valentino, that he won’t be riding a Yamaha anymore, so there’s no point in trying to make it like his Yamaha. It will be a Ducati. He likes a bike that has grip and that would be front and rear. But you have to maximize the package, but I can see that Casey and Nicky run quite different settings on the bike, just from observations of the geometry on the bike. I can watch some of these lesser riders on the Ducatis and you can see that the bikes are, in my opinion, unsuitably set for what they want to try and do with them. I’m not saying anybody’s doing a bad job. I see these things wobbling around. When I think, clearly, if we had that issue with Valentino it’d be fixed in 80 seconds, but some riders don’t like the hardness of the bike, because they don’t get the feel. But then when they’re riding around and it’s too soft they’re not going forward either. So you’ve got to be able to create the feel with the hardness to avoid all that sloppiness. I don’t think there are any issues in the bike that are a big worry to me. I think the bike is just a tool to do your job. You sharpen the tool at the race track, you don’t build it. you should be able to adjust it to what Valentino wants.”

The key question is whether Ducati will be able to respond to Rossi's needs that way that Yamaha has been able to?

"It’s about prioritizing things in a way such that Valentino will have a direct link to Filippo (Preziosi). Filippo is then in a position to direct his engineering group. If the engineering group were working on another problem that we had and they’re a week away from completing that, he can pull that first project up and say, ‘no, no, no this has suddenly become more important—get on this first.’ And I think that’s pretty much what we’ve had with (Masao) Furusawa. Rather than going from the bottom up, through the network here of the engineering group through the various different departments and then putting it on the list to get fixed, we’ve had a man there that could basically tell the engineers that they can ‘stop project A because project B has suddenly become more important. And you’ll go back to project A when you’ve project B tidied up or if we don’t have anything coming along.’ And I would like to hope that Filippo will be sort of commanding the ship from right there. I know that Valentino will be picking the phone up fairly regularly, if not every night. And I’m sure that’s what Filippo would like to hear. And you’re dealing with Valentino Rossi. You’re not dealing with somebody you’re not sure of. What I said to Yamaha when I came here, I said, ‘I can’t fix your bike. But if you listen to Valentino Rossi, we’ll go forward. Ignore him at your peril.’ And it’s the same deal here at Ducati. They spent the money to get him. If you don’t want to listen to him, well why did you spend the money?”

Burgess: "Ducati will listen to Rossi"

And you’re dealing with Valentino Rossi. You’re not dealing with somebody you’re not sure of. What I said to Yamaha when I came here, I said, ‘I can’t fix your bike. But if you listen to Valentino Rossi, we’ll go forward. Ignore him at your peril.’ And it’s the same deal here at Ducati. They spent the money to get him. If you don’t want to listen to him, well why did you spend the money?”
:} :} :}

2011 kon weleens een magisch jaar gaan worden, als ik JB hoor "praten" dan zijn ze al lang bezig om de motorfiets aan te passen.
En Italianen onder elkaar ( Preziosi + Rossi ) liggen op een lijn, en zoals JB al zei had ik ook al verwacht aangaande de limiet van de M1.
Wat dat betreft hebben de Honda's en de Duc's nog behoorlijk wat verborgen potentieel.
Het is dat we nog 2 races hebben, maar bring on '11!

Wat een heerlijk interview met JB.

Prachtig team en wat een vertrouwen en rust hebben zij in elkaar!

Is het al april ''11?

Heerlijk altijd die eerste race,kijken hoe de kaarten werkelijk geschud zijn.
Voor mij,als fan van de in Mallorca geboren 3-voudige wereldkampioen,zal het extra spannend worden(alsof ik nu nog niet de zenuwen heb bij elke race) nu hij de titel moet verdedigen,voor de fans van de in Urbino geboren 9-voudige wereldkampioen zal het niet anders zijn op z'n nieuwe fiets met totaal ander karakter.
Gaat Ben Spies podiums/races pakken op de fabrieks Yamaha
Stoner weer op de Honda,gaat dat goed.
Zal er een verrassende rookie zijn

Ben heel benieuwd en kan echt niet wachten.

_O-

PM ff je nummer. Ik wil je wel ff bellen hoor ;)
Die poging van jou is ook al kansloos las ik.
Suzuki wil je geen motoren geven ter ontwikkeling, je mag ze wel voor de hoofdprijs leasen. :')
(en dan lease je liever een Honda zei je toen, stank voor dank die Jappen ;) )

Heerlijk altijd die eerste race,kijken hoe de kaarten werkelijk geschud zijn.
Voor mij,als fan van de in Mallorca geboren 3-voudige wereldkampioen,zal het extra spannend worden(alsof ik nu nog niet de zenuwen heb bij elke race) nu hij de titel moet verdedigen,voor de fans van de in Urbino geboren 9-voudige wereldkampioen zal het niet anders zijn op z'n nieuwe fiets met totaal ander karakter.
Gaat Ben Spies podiums/races pakken op de fabrieks Yamaha
Stoner weer op de Honda,gaat dat goed.
Zal er een verrassende rookie zijn

Ben heel benieuwd en kan echt niet wachten.

Ik denk dat jij volgend jaar het deel Lorenzo in je nick weg haalt.
Ik denk niet dat dat alleen Rossi snel is verwacht veel van Hayden, Stoner, Pedrosa, Elias en Spies.

Ik denk dat jij volgend jaar het deel Lorenzo in je nick weg haalt.
Ik denk niet dat dat alleen Rossi snel is verwacht veel van Hayden, Stoner, Pedrosa, Elias en Spies.
Ben er niet zeker van wat Elias betreft, kwestie van eerst zien en dan geloven. Dat 'ie kon knallen in de Moto2 is zeker, maar in de MotoGP was het toch ook geregeld net niet.

We zullen het zien. :)

Dan blijft er oom over,hmm niet zo bijzonder.

Nee ik blijf Lorenzo steunen,maar daar gaat het nu niet over.

weet je het zeker merk iets van een twijfel
jij bent zón gast die zo weer fan is van een ander als het minder gaat dan haak je af
boel geblaat en moeilijk worden maar echt verstand van motorsport heb je echt niet
dat heb ik allang gemerkt whahahahah wat een balletje
laat mij maar slecht zijn in mijn nederlandse taal ik heb wel meer kennis als jij in de sport

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan