MotoAmerica, het Amerikaans Kampioenschap

Wat een ontzettend slechte uitzending zeg, de Daytona 200 werd nog behoorlijk goed 'gecovered' maar dit is echt verschrikkelijk. De commentatoren van de televisie zijn tegelijk ook de baancommentatoren wat betekent dat er een enorme echo, de meeste camera's rond het circuit staan stil en bewegen dus niet mee met de motoren... Man man man. Dit is om te janken.

Ik wil morgen eens uitzoeken hoe succesvol die Superbike Shootout geweest is. Hopen dat dat iets geweest is.

Edit: Ik zie net dat er maar vijftien starters zijn in de Superbike race... Vraag me af hoelang dit nog zo doorgaat.

Laatst bewerkt:
Bedankt voor het posten, beeldkwaliteit is op YouTube dertig keer beter dan live via Fanschoice.tv.

De races zelf worden er niet beter op helaas. :+

SBK race 1:
Daytona Sportsbike race 1:
Supersport Race 1:
Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson Series:
Supersport Race 2:
Daytona Sportbike Race 2: GoPro Daytona SportBike Race 2 (HD) - Road America 2014 - AMA Pro Road Racing
Superbike Race 2: AMA Pro SuperBike Race 2 (HD) - Road America 2014 - AMA Pro Road Racing

Vooral die laatste race laat perfect de incompetentie van de AMA zien. Hier wordt ontzettend gevaarlijk met het leven van de coureurs omgegaan. :X

Ik hoorde van een Amerikaanse vriend die bij het Monster Energy Graves Yamaha team van Hayes betrokken is, dat het team over terugtrekking uit dit kampioenschap nadenkt. |( De situatie is echt erg.

Overigens, interessant gerucht: Gaat Dorna een Noord-Amerikaans kampioenschap opzetten?

Misschien dat Dorna verbetering kan brengen?

Laatst bewerkt:
Supersport Race 1:
Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson Series:
Supersport Race 2:
Daytona Sportbike Race 2:
Superbike Race 2:

Vooral die laatste race laat perfect de incompetentie van de AMA zien. Hier wordt ontzettend gevaarlijk met het leven van de coureurs omgegaan. :X

Ik hoorde van een Amerikaanse vriend die bij het Monster Energy Graves Yamaha team van Hayes betrokken is, dat het team over terugtrekking uit dit kampioenschap nadenkt. |( De situatie is echt erg.

Overigens, interessant gerucht: Gaat Dorna een Noord-Amerikaans kampioenschap opzetten?

Misschien dat Dorna verbetering kan brengen?
Buiten het droevige camera werk en het lege startveld, welke dwaas was de leiding van racecontrole? ondoenbare omstandigheden en de rode vlag tonen als de leider van de race net over start/finish wil gaan |(

Dat moet en kan vele malen beter

Hoi oma, de AMA is hier ook maar vast ten grave gedragen? ;)

Omdat ik de afgelopen week wat meer tijd gehad maar weer eens even wat video's bekeken van de afgelopen races, maar het stelt ook echt geen ene fuck meer voor he. Het wordt niet meer op tv uitgezonden (ook in de States niet he!) maar als je dan kijkt hoeveel kijkers er op youtube zijn zijn dat ook maar een paar duizend. Ligt dus echt helemaal op z'n gat allemaal.

Hoi oma, de AMA is hier ook maar vast ten grave gedragen? ;)
Als er niet veel wordt gereden valt er ook niet veel te bespreken. _O-

Sowieso zijn de afgelopen races (SBK/SportBike als support class tijdens de WSBK's op Laguna Seca en de Harley XR1200 class als support class tijdens de GP van Indianapolis) niet uitgezonden. Sowieso op TV niet wat je zegt, maar ook niet via het online televisiekanaal fanschoice.tv omdat de AMA haar eigen rechten niet had gekocht voor die weekenden.

Omdat ik de afgelopen week wat meer tijd gehad maar weer eens even wat video's bekeken van de afgelopen races, maar het stelt ook echt geen ene fuck meer voor he. Het wordt niet meer op tv uitgezonden (ook in de States niet he!) maar als je dan kijkt hoeveel kijkers er op youtube zijn zijn dat ook maar een paar duizend. Ligt dus echt helemaal op z'n gat allemaal.
Helaas wel. Ik las dat Ezpeleta samen met Wayne Rainey een programma gaat opzetten om Amerikaans talent te laten doorstromen maar hierbij zullen zij het AMA SBK kampioenschap wel links laten liggen. Erg zonde. Vijf jaar geleden was dit nog een erg prestigieus kampioenschap, toen ging Spies net over naar het WSBK en deed Mladin nog mee.

Over potentieel Amerikaans talent gesproken, Jayson Uribe is wel een coureur om in de gaten te houden: Uribe To Make French Moto 3 Debut

Rijdt momenteel in het British Superbike kampioenschap in de Moto3 klasse, rijdt komend weekend als gastrijder in de Franse Moto3 klasse en heeft zijn nationaliteit mee natuurlijk. De Amerikaanse markt snakt naar een nieuw talent.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2014/Sep/140903raineyrules.htm

Holding Out for a Hero
by dean adams
Thursday, September 04, 2014
What follows are my opinions and observations, nothing more, nothing less.

Since July of 2013, I have looked him in the eye and shook Wayne Rainey's hand three times. As a three-time world champion and two-time AMA Superbike champion, Rainey and his accomplishments deem respect. However, I think with Rainey, the way he has faced almost unimaginable adversity with a quiet, selfless resilience since September of 1993 means that he is perhaps the most respected man in all of motorcycling. I don't know anyone, from Valentino Rossi to the president of Honda to Marc Marquez to Carmelo Ezpeleta, CEO of Dorna, who, if they got a message stating that Wayne Rainey needed something of them, would not immediately stop what they were doing, turn off the world, call Rainey directly, and say "What can I do for you, Wayne?".
This is the level of respect that Wayne Rainey has in the motorcycle industry. And in Europe. And Japan.

I actually do not know Wayne Rainey very well on a personal level. As a fan I saw him race many times in the 1980s until his career ended in 1993. I do, however, know a lot of his friends. One of them told me a story, which I believe to be true. The story is that six months or more ago Rainey confided to him that he was going to buy or acquire the rights to racing in America and run the series.
What? Our mutual friend crouched down next to Rainey's wheelchair, took a deep breath and asked, 'Hey, you sure you want to do that?' He told Wayne that his life is very good right now--he and his wife Shae live a nice life in Monterey and his son Rex is enrolled at Pepperdine University. 'You sure that you want to try and save racing, now, at this point in your life?'

Rainey, our friend said, looked at him emphatically and said yes, he was sure he wanted to do this. Rainey's response was unequivocal: we need to save racing in America; we need to ensure a path for young riders to get to MotoGP; we need to do this.

I think Rainey going to the manufactures and other industry sponsors for funding is going to be much different from what transpired with DMG. This is not a group of men unknown to most of us asking the motorcycle industry to spend serious money on a billionaire's pet series. This is Wayne Rainey asking the motorcycle industry to help him resurrect US roadracing, to help get American riders into MotoGP.
That said, I think MotoAmerica will need all of Rainey's clout to pull this off. There certainly is still enough business left in the US motorcycling industry to support a roadracing series, but attracting the big supporters who felt burned by DMG won't be easy, at all. For example, consider Kawasaki, a near 30 year supporter of Superbike racing in the US, an iconic brand synonymous with Superbike racing from nearly the first days of the class. Kawasaki has, without putting too fine a point on it, moved on. Kawasaki, today, has a very distant relationship with roadracing in the US, at best. What, I think, the DMG fiasco illustrated to Kawasaki is that they didn't actually have to go Superbike or even Supersport racing in America in order to sell or even develop Kawasaki sport bikes. Instead, they sent a bunch of agency hippies, a camera crew and a bike to the Isle of Man. Instead they sponsored bikes in the Pikes Peak Hillclimb event, and they capitalized on the presence of the Kawasaki WSBK team when they introduced a new Ninja, based on the iconic 900 Ninja, last July. Maybe it will be an easy phone call when Rainey--who won the 1983 AMA Superbike championship while riding for Kawasaki--calls Kawi' USA and asks them for their support.

Honda? American Honda has long wanted basically what is rumored to be Rainey's new class structure--Superbike with Moto2 and Moto3-style support classes. Racing is still very important to Honda. To illustrate, they spent considerable money supporting Nick Hayden's RCV1000 this year in MotoGP. My bet is that Honda will be on board with Rainey.

Yamaha? Rainey is Yamaha and Yamaha is Rainey.

Suzuki? Ducati? Unknown.

Chuck Aksland, also a member of the team that owns MotoAmerica, is a longtime Rainey/Team Roberts insider. He's been around racing his entire life and at one time was actually teamed with Rainey when they were both young roadracers. In the '80s, Rainey and "Chuckie" rode 250s here in the US, although Chuck had the perhaps unenviable role of being—simultaneously—Wayne Rainey's teammate on the team and also of being Wayne Rainey's mechanic on the team.
More importantly, Aksland has worked for Team Roberts in MotoGP and International Racers (the management house which guided Roberts, Rainey, Lawson, the Haydens and Doug Chandler's careers) and Circuit of America. Aksland remains the manager of record for both WSBK rider Jon Rea and Yoshimura's Roger Hayden, thus he brings a great deal of "current state of the industry" knowledge, contacts and expertise to his new role.

On a personal level, I take it as a matter of personal pride that the AMA—Ohio, not DMG—sent the press release about Rainey and company taking over the former DMG to seemingly every other media entity in existence ... except Superbikeplanet.com.
I'm sure it was simply a clerical error. Or, maybe it was one tiny final measure of spite for an independent media entity that never stopped being critical of the DMG fiasco nearly from day one. Not when DMG inferred they were going to pull my media credential. Not when we alone reported about the mystery funds on the AMA tax form and how they stone-walled their own members who asked the "non-profit" where that money came from, specifically, or reported that in the wake of the DMG fiasco that AMA President Rob Dingmann not only kept his job but actually made more money in salary.

Maybe it was because we have often reminded one and all of the statements made in public when DMG took over. We did this as a way of balancing what actually didn't happen, how in the biggest flop since Rossi went to Ducati, even with their vast financial resources, DMG didn't actually make motorcycle roadracing better in many reasonably significant ways, even though the biggest historical problem the championship faced--where to get the money--seemed solved, for once.

That criticism of DMG and AMA said, it could be a grave error for Rainey and the AMA to not recognize that the failure of DMG roadracing largely rests with the seemingly nameless and faceless men at the DMG executive level. A lot of the feet on the ground in DMG uniforms did, I think, commendable work in seriously unpleasant situations and environments. Two such people that spring to mind are Director of Communications and Technical Operations, Gene Crouch, and Technical Director of Competition, Al Ludington. I believe that Crouch could run a MotoGP team almost single-handedly; he basically ran DMG roadracing on so many different fronts simultaneously that it's scary. Moreover, Ludington is, I think, a pretty good police presence when every top level team in every class is pushing the rulebook to its limits. If you understand racing, then you might share my opinion that as a technical director, it's his job to be unpopular because, largely, that means he is being effective. I predict that it will cost the KRAVE Group and or the AMA literally millions of dollars to replace the existing roadracing infrastructure we now know as DMG. Big parts already work pretty well. Will they leave them as is or will the whole operation have to be scuttled?
DMG is left with licensing outdoor motorcross and Supercross to already successful entities, and sanctioning hillclimb and dirttrack events.
I don't think I have ever seen Jim France, much less spoken to him, even though I have been to his Daytona track countless times. I have been told the same stories that most know about him--he is deeply private, rides a motorcycle to work and his first love was dirt track.

Again, his first love was dirt track.

Thus, maybe the current situation is the way the sale of AMA Pro Racing should have been handled from the very start: with DMG trying to pull dirttrack into being more of the "world's center of racing", and letting people who know roadracing and the motorcycle industry take charge of roadracing. Hardcard, anyone?

Those close to Rainey suggest that he knows that this is not going to be easy, to resurrect what is left of roadracing in America. He says that he is going to need vast amounts of help and support, from friend and foe alike, and for foes to cooperate for the greater good. That's a tall order--for anyone but Wayne Rainey. With DMG, I think the question of motive loomed every day; fans, media and teams wondered how it could be that with a billionaire as an owner, the series diminished in stature every year he owned it. What was DMG's plan? No one seemed to know.
In many important ways Rainey has a better start at running a motorcycle championship than even a billionaire. This is not a nameless faceless man who never gave a single interview or even offered comment after he bought the whole of AMA Pro Racing. Rainey is a known entity--the majority of fans and motorcycle industry people probably know Rainey or assuredly know who he is, and what he has accomplished, and sacrificed.

While racing, Rainey was tenacious and relentless in chasing success; he did what many on the same motorcycle proclaimed to be impossible. After racing, Rainey has become a man so respected that friends and enemies alike would probably have no qualms if they were given a marble bust of his likeness to display in their homes. If racing has a true Statesman, it is Rainey. His integrity is unquestioned and his ability to accomplish the impossible is well-documented. Again, he is perhaps the most respected individual in all of motorcycle racing.

You want a hero to save roadracing in America?

You got one.

Ik ben heel, heel, heel benieuwd! Eindelijk een reden om ook eens met een schuin oog naar de VS te gaan kijken!

Dit weekend vinden de laatste races plaats voor het AMA Pro Superbike kampioenschap. Vanaf volgend jaar zal dit kampioenschap hervormd en omgedoopt worden tot MotoAmerica.

De races dit weekend vinden plaats op New Jersey Motorsports Park. Dit circuit had ooit de ambitie om MotoGP races te gaan organiseren. Ik ben hier in 2012 geweest en snap nog steeds niet waar die ambitie ooit vandaan kwam... Leuk voor clubraces en een nationaal kampioenschap, maar nooit goed genoeg voor de MotoGP. Met of zonder verbouwing.

Ik weet eigenlijk niet eens of de races dit weekend op fanschoice.tv te volgen zijn. Zo wel, dan zal ik dat hier later nog wel plaatsen. En dan zullen ze later ook nog wel op het YouTube kanaal van de AMA te vinden zijn.

Het heeft er alle schijn van dat Josh Hayes dit jaar 'gewoon weer' kampioen wordt na het seizoen gedomineerd te hebben. In de Daytona SportBike klasse (supersport 600) wordt de strijd dit weekend beslist tussen Jake Lewis en Jake Gagne, beiden Yamaha R6 coureurs.

Laatst bewerkt:
Mooie column, het is goed te lezen dat deze verandering positief wordt ontvangen door velen. En laten we eerlijk zijn, veel slechter kon het ook niet meer daar...

Josh Hayes kijkt er vooralsnog met voorzichtig optimisme naar: http://www.cyclenews.com/646/24993/Racing-Article/Josh-Hayes-Talks-MotoAmerica.aspx

ze hebben nu een winter lang de tijd dalijk OM JUIST niet de dezelfde FOUTEN te maken :P

en eerlijk gezegd willen ze de blamage van afgelopen jaar echt niet herhalen .. :Y

Supersport en SportBike waren niets aan maar de Superbike was echt gaaf in de stromende regen! :}

Hayes volgens mij weer kampioen! :} :} :}

Edit: JA! Hayes verslaat Hayden op de lijn en wordt voor de vierde keer AMA Superbike kampioen! :} :} :}

Laatst bewerkt:
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan