Phillip Island

Dus dan is het niet meer testen maar keihard knallen...

Seperates the men form the boys, die gedachte :P

Denk ook dat Rossi het moeilijker gaat krijgen als in 2004. Maar toen zei ook iedereen dat hij nooit kampioen zou worden.
Zet toch m'n geld weer op Vale.... *D

Zet m'n geld ook op Rossi en volgens mij vindt juist hij het fantastisch als het een spannend jaar wordt, onder een beetje druk laat ie de mooiste dingen zien (zelfs af en toe wat foutjes). Kan niet wachten tot het begint !!!

dag 3
1. Valentino Rossi – Gauloises Yamaha - 1’ 29”68
2. Nicky Hayden – Repsol Honda - 1’29”78
3. Carlos Checa – Ducati Marlboro - 1’29”86
4. Max Biaggi – Repsol Honda -1’29”88
5. Loris Capirossi – Ducati Marlboro - 1’ 30”18
6. Colin Edwards – Gauloises Yamaha - 1’30”23
7. Alex Barros – Camel Honda -1’30”55
8. Marco Melandri – Telefonica Movistar Honda - 1’ 30”90
9. Troy Baylis – Camel Honda - 1’ 30”90
10. Rubens Xaus – Fortuna Yamaha - 1’31”98
11. Toni Elias – Fortuna Yamaha - 1’32” 96

maar waar gibernau is :X

dag 3
1. Valentino Rossi – Gauloises Yamaha - 1’ 29”68
2. Nicky Hayden – Repsol Honda - 1’29”78
3. Carlos Checa – Ducati Marlboro - 1’29”86
4. Max Biaggi – Repsol Honda -1’29”88
5. Loris Capirossi – Ducati Marlboro - 1’ 30”18
6. Colin Edwards – Gauloises Yamaha - 1’30”23
7. Alex Barros – Camel Honda -1’30”55
8. Marco Melandri – Telefonica Movistar Honda - 1’ 30”90
9. Troy Baylis – Camel Honda - 1’ 30”90
10. Rubens Xaus – Fortuna Yamaha - 1’31”98
11. Toni Elias – Fortuna Yamaha - 1’32” 96

maar waar gibernau is :X
Sedert gisteren al naar huis, was tevreden en test beeindigd!

full

en dit vinden ze er bij gauloises van:

Phillip Island Tests

GAULOISES YAMAHA CONCLUDES ANTIPODEAN TESTING

The Gauloises Yamaha Team closed another stage in its demanding winter test programme today in Phillip Island, Australia, with Valentino Rossi taking the unofficial fastest lap time of the three days. In slightly cooler conditions than the previous two days, the Italian rider recorded a best time of 1’29.68, faster than his own circuit best time of 1’30.068 set during the 2003 Phillip Island round. Rossi’s new team-mate Colin Edwards also improved on his previous two days with an unofficial 1’30.23, quicker than his 2004 Australian Grand Prix official qualifying time of 1’30.625. All riders present from the Yamaha, Honda, Ducati and Suzuki MotoGP teams, except Sete Gibernau, took advantage of the last opportunity to test at the Australian circuit before they will race there in October. Nearly all lapped under Loris Capirossi’s circuit lap record of 1’31.102, set last year.

Valentino Rossi (1’29.68, 57 laps)

“This morning we tried some different settings from yesterday and they worked better. We found more agility in the bike. Then we continued testing tyres for Michelin, which were good. The test has been quite positive and we have collected some useful information which we’ll continue to work with when we return here soon.”

Colin Edwards (1’30.60, 78 laps)

“Today was really encouraging, I got on with some really good tyres and played around a bit and the result and time was better. I didn’t do so many laps today but the ones I did were good. We checked out all the settings and we feel like we’ve made some progress. I’m heading back to the States now for a bit of family time before we come back here in a couple of weeks. I’m really excited about the news that we’re going to race in Turkey, Rio was always a cool place but it wasn’t one of my favourite tracks. It’s always fun to go to new tracks, and now we’ve got three new ones in a year, although Laguna isn’t so new for me.”

Davide Brivio, Gauloises Yamaha Team Director

“We finished the test at a good level, both riders have improved since the first day, and we’ve got some good information from the areas we needed to work in. It’s been a positive test for the riders and the bike. We look forward to coming back very soon to continue this development.”

The Gauloises Yamaha Team returns to the Phillip Island circuit for a three day test on 8 March.

1. VALENTINO ROSSI (Yamaha) 1’29.68 (57 laps)
2. Nicky Hayden (Honda) 1’29.78
3. Carlos Checa (Ducati) 1’29.86
4. Max Biaggi (Honda) 1.29.88
5. Loris Capirossi (Ducati) 1’30.18
6. COLIN EDWARDS (Yamaha) 1’30.23 (52 laps)
7. Alex Barros (Honda) 1’30.55
8. John Hopkins (Suzuki) 1’30.86
9. Troy Bayliss (Honda) 1’30.90
10. Marco Melandri (Honda) 1’30.90
11. Kenny Roberts (Suzuki) 1’31.21
12. Ruben Xaus (Yamaha) 1’31.98
13. Toni Elias (Yamaha) 1’32.16

en dit was de reactie van fortuna:

FORTUNA YAMAHA CONCLUDE THREE DAYS OF TESTS IN AUSTRALIA

The Fortuna Yamaha today concluded three days of tests at the Phillip Island circuit. For team riders Rubén Xaus and Toni Elías it was the end of two planned sessions at the Australian track. Fortuna Yamaha rider Rubén Xaus completed 91 laps aboard his YZR M1. The Spanish rider, still suffering slightly from the effects of injury, was satisfied with the progress he is making. His team-mate Toni Elías was exhausted at the end of another day of hard work. The Spanish youngster tested different set-up configurations and tyre combinations as he looks to analyse the reactions of his Yamaha YZR-M1. Elías also leaves the test in satisfied mood, after completing an intense programme alongside the team’s engineers and mechanics. The best time of the day was set by Gauloises Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi. The Italian completed 57 laps of the circuit with a fastest lap of 1’29.68. Nicky Hayden (Honda, 1’29.78) and Carlos Checa (Ducati, 1’29.86) were second and third fastest respectively. The MotoGP teams will be back at Phillip Island in two weeks’ time.

Rubén Xaus, (1’31.98, 91 laps)

“We haven’t improved the lap time from yesterday but that’s not the main objective at the moment. We’re still getting to know the bike and I think it’s important not to rush that and to work consistently on it. It was a day of very hard work but it served to keep us on a progressive upward curve. I think we deserve a few days off but, honestly, I already want to get back on the bike!”

Toni Elías (1’32.96, 67 laps)

“We’ve had six days of tests more or less one after the other now and that’s starting to take its toll on every level. I’ve got to improve a lot because I’m still a long way off the times being set by the top riders but I think that’s normal given the circumstances and we just have to keep working. Everybody is giving me constant support and that is important for me to keep making progress. We’ve worked really well over the last few days and I’m satisfied even though I’m looking forward to a rest before coming back here to Australia. The whole team’s doing a great job.”

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan